Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Week 2, 2015

• Facebook
  • Display
    Breaking News: Wisconsin crushes Texas A&M, 35-10

Coach JeffHCross had this to say: "Yeah, I think everyone in our locker room, nay, all of College Station, nay, all of the college football world, saw this coming. I'm just impressed all of our players showed up today. Hell, I'm just happy none of them were injured!"

The Aggies severely struggled to find an offensive identity in their first game of the season. And while the Badgers weren't exactly firing on all cylinders, the defense was able to generate five punts and give the offense great field position all game.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I'll be recruiting after work tomorrow

What's the status on an advance? I still have a bad taste in my mouth from Snoop and need to get back on the field (and yes I meant that to be dirty)

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    What's the status on an advance? I still have a bad taste in my mouth from Snoop and need to get back on the field (and yes I meant that to be dirty)
    Not sure who remains but I believe Oneback is still out of town...

From the vacation thread, OB gets back in town on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    From the vacation thread, OB gets back in town on Saturday.
    Plus Oregon still has to play and Miami vs Michigan will have to be played.

Catching Up with former Oklahoma QB Alex McSux

Alex McSux, the failure of the 2014 Sooner football team led Fart State University in a 70-3.. loss.. in their season opener.

McSux, due to depression, gained over 75 pounds in the off-season and now weighs in at 290lbs at his 6'3" size. McSux was 7-for-38 for 11 yards and 5 INTs. McSux's performance for the newly founded Fart State University was the most passing yards in a single game for the school. McSux was sacked a school record low 15 times, as Fighting Llamas were proud of their performance.

FSU's offensive line is the smallest in the country, as LT Jeff Dump, a freshman, weighs in at 5'4", 150lbs and runs a 6.2 40 time. "This game is hard for the kids.", said coach Dick Bumpas Jr.

Meanwhile, George Gray who now works at the Missouri Walmart was promoted from trainee to assistant to the assistant janitor.

I'm bored, okay?

I get back in town Saturday at 3:30pm, however ATT doesn't come to install until Sunday between 9a-12p at the new house.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    I get back in town Saturday at 3:30pm, however ATT doesn't come to install until Sunday between 9a-12p at the new house.
    Let me know when you want to knock our game out on Sunday.

Are you getting Uverse or DSL? If it's dsl, i don't understand how you got a commitment on a sunday, you are in texas, the original SBC so perhaps their scheduling is different.

RC, I watched your game and I think part of the problem is that you're using the Ask Coach for playcalls. It's almost like picking plays at random, and sometimes the playcalling can get predictable when you play users. It also puts you at a disadvantage for not knowing what formation you are in, especially on defense. I have a friend who does that and he can't stop anybody on defense, because alot of times he'll come out in a formation that doesn't fit what the offense has on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    RC, I watched your game and I think part of the problem is that you're using the Ask Coach for playcalls. It's almost like picking plays at random, and sometimes the playcalling can get predictable when you play users. It also puts you at a disadvantage for not knowing what formation you are in, especially on defense. I have a friend who does that and he can't stop anybody on defense, because alot of times he'll come out in a formation that doesn't fit what the offense has on the field.
    Thanks, just got An iPhone and I'm checking it out. It'll be nice tone able to check in while I'm at work.

Quote Originally Posted by RcSinger View Post
    Thanks, just got An iPhone and I'm checking it out. It'll be nice tone able to check in while I'm at work.
    Yea, I'm about to buy the HTC Inspire next week. So I'll be able to do everything while away from home. I just might actually get a twitter.

A Twatter you mean?

I do use the cpu picked plays a lot, but a lot of that game I was facing the No huddle, Duke ran no huddle about 80% of their TOP.

RC, based on some of your comments these last few weeks, I'd advise you to take the sliders that Oneback has setup in our OD, find a team similar to your current VT squad, and just play through some offline dynasty games when you have spare time. When you make comments like not understanding the player switching, not knowing which gameplan settings are good for your team, and using CPU picked plays ... that all sounds like you're just not comfortable in the game. Playing some Play Now or Offline Dynasty games could really help with all three of those. You could try out different gameplan settings without there being any actual risk, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    RC, based on some of your comments these last few weeks, I'd advise you to take the sliders that Oneback has setup in our OD, find a team similar to your current VT squad, and just play through some offline dynasty games when you have spare time. When you make comments like not understanding the player switching, not knowing which gameplan settings are good for your team, and using CPU picked plays ... that all sounds like you're just not comfortable in the game. Playing some Play Now or Offline Dynasty games could really help with all three of those. You could try out different gameplan settings without there being any actual risk, for example.
    It's not that I am unfamiliar with the game, I have had every version since NCAA fb 98. I never use gameplanning because it always gets me penalties. The sliders are an issue I need to practice with. I don't use the "recommended" play by the CPU, but I am a quick playcaller, so when the screen pops up, I usually scroll around and find a play I like or seems suitable. I have run into the problem though of choosing a run play and find out it was a shotgun formation.
    I myself have noticed thAt often when playing a user that the " skills" SS rAting will be significantly higher for my opponent. Which tells me thAt my stick skills are lacking to some degree.

It's not that I am unfamiliar with the game, I have had every version since NCAA fb 98.
    I know, but you did say "since next gen, I cannot play this game". A lot's changed.

Are you getting Uverse or DSL? If it's dsl, i don't understand how you got a commitment on a sunday, you are in texas, the original SBC so perhaps their scheduling is different.
    I am getting Uverse.

I am getting Uverse.
    That makes sense then. U will love it. U getting 12 Meg broadband and 32 overall I assume.