Thread: 2015 All-OVR Teams

• Facebook
  • Display

2015 All-OVR Teams

Powerhouse 2015 All-OVR Team

Powerhouse 2015 Freshman All-OVR Team

Powerhouse 2015 Where Are They Now? (2011 Class)
    Last edited by gschwendt; 02-14-2011 at 04:18 PM.

Weddle did leave early for the NFL for me. Boo on that as I wasn't thinking he was who I needed to worry about. I thought Fitz would leave at MLB, LOL.

Great stuff G, I love looking at this stuff. I have been scouring over everyone's roster all morning. Can't wait till we kick off the new season.

Wow, G! Great job on the "where are they now" feature. Really cool to see!

Kind of funny we've only had 1 go to the NFL from this class.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Kind of funny we've only had 1 go to the NFL from this class.
    Kinda brings in line why I was thinking (along with Jeff) about implementing a cap on swaying players to stay. Not that it would have mattered with my players as only my MLB wanted to leave early and he was rated 84 OVR.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    Kinda brings in line why I was thinking (along with Jeff) about implementing a cap on swaying players to stay. Not that it would have mattered with my players as only my MLB wanted to leave early and he was rated 84 OVR.
    Yeah I didn't have any of these guys want to leave, but I had and 88, 91, and 92 I think want to leave.

im all for a 90+ or 94+ rule (and award winner rule) have been for a while now i think

also nice work G, i really enjoy this!

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    I would be in favor of implementing the 94 or 90 with awards beginning this season.

Personally, I'd say 95+, simply because a 94 can still have one average season of progression and not be a 99. An unusual distinction to make, but 94 is also an unusual line to draw.

90+, though rather than "awards", I'd limit it to Heisman, Maxwell, Walter Camp, Bednarik, and Nagurski awards. Some of the other award winners, imo, are far less likely to jump to the NFL in real life.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I also think there needs to be some stipulation that if they are like the top 3 or so at their position because that is almost a guaranteed leap to the NFL.(minus Luck)

Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
    I also think there needs to be some stipulation that if they are like the top 3 or so at their position because that is almost a guaranteed leap to the NFL.(minus Luck)
    I don't think it's a guaranteed as at. Just in the past 2 seasons the consensus #1 Luck and Bradford have stayed. I think it's also a lot more likely for them to stay if they are not in a major skill position.

My FS Weeks would have been a SR, but he left early for the league after winning the Thorpe. I spent 3 hours on him and he still left. Left me with a major hole at FS.

I don't think it's a guaranteed as at. Just in the past 2 seasons the consensus #1 Luck and Bradford have stayed. I think it's also a lot more likely for them to stay if they are not in a major skill position.
    But that is 2 examples out of how many people? I think where a player is rated a his position is a major factor in most players thought of going to the draft. If they are the number 1 player at a certain position, they are pretty much guaranteed a first round selection.(not counting FB, P, or K)

Tebow stayed.

I feel like there should be factors involved in whether or not players stay. One instance, finishing in the top 5 - 10 for the Heisman trophy but not winning. Being on a top 10 or so team with a decent shot at a national title.

PLayers who have a Heisman and a ring should not be able to be convinced to stay unless Academic Prestige = Most on their interest.

Quote Originally Posted by RcSinger View Post
    Tebow stayed.
    Nobody considered him to even be a top 5 QB. He stayed to try and improve his draft stock by basically learning how to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
    The chances of you being "the top 3" at a position and not a 95+ are insignificant enough that I think we can safely ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    The chances of you being "the top 3" at a position and not a 95+ are insignificant enough that I think we can safely ignore it.
    I guess the question is what constitutes a "top 3 or 5" player. Ratings or stats? We all know that stats drive the decisions to leave early.

I guess the question is what constitutes a "top 3 or 5" player. Ratings or stats? We all know that stats drive the decisions to leave early.
    Right, but he was using Luck as an example. I'd say we're talking about a legitimate Top 3 then, rather than just a statistical top 3 (i.e. a Texas Tech QB). One of those is going to be the #1 pick. The other is more likely to be undrafted. See: Timmy Chang.