Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Madden NFL 12 - August 30, 2011

• Facebook
  • Display
    If there's going to be a limit, 2x per team per game is a good one. However, I'm a proponent of no limits for anything.

2 seems logical IMO. I wondered immediately if there would be any kind of limit

Have any of you guys EVER seen a single team ATTEMPT 2 surprise onside kicks in a single game? If so fine. My memory seems to be that this is a one shot per game deal. I mean can you imagine a special teams coordinator if a team did it twice against him. He'd be in the unemployment line faster than the Dems were this past November.

1 time per game per team should be the max IMHO. Of course video proof of an ACTUAL NFL game with more attempts would change my mind.

Yeah I sure hope they cap it at one.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Yeah I sure hope they cap it at one.
    They did. Ian initially stated the cap would be two, but the ESPN Video Games story has it updated and listed at one try per game.

Yeah seen that as well. I was on board with 2 initially but it should be a 1 time limit

Just read on pasta padre that Madden 12 should finally have the REAL Soldier Field in the game. Apparently they now have the licensing rights...

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Just read on pasta padre that Madden 12 should finally have the REAL Soldier Field in the game. Apparently they now have the licensing rights...
    Here's more on that:

Whether or not Soldier Field hosts an NFL game in 2011, it appears the stadium will host NFL games on a Madden video game for the first time.

Soldier Field spokesman Lucca Serra said the legal documents are being drawn up for a deal with EA Sports that would give the company the right to include Soldier Field in Madden 12.

In the past, the home of the Bears has been referred to as "Chicago Stadium" in the Madden games.
    Serra said EA Sports producer Phil Frazier asked about using Soldier Field in the games a couple of weeks ago.

"They never reached out to us in past years," Serra said. "We absolutely wanted to work with them, be well represented in the game and have an accurate depiction of the stadium. Apparently there was a misunderstanding that we were not interested."

Not all stadiums are compensated for entering into a licensing agreement with video game companies, but Soldier Field is expected to receive a minimal stipend to cover legal fees.
    Courtesy: Chicago Breaking Sports

"They never reached out to us in past years," Serra said. "We absolutely wanted to work with them, be well represented in the game and have an accurate depiction of the stadium. Apparently there was a misunderstanding that we were not interested."
    Ugh. No comment on this!

I'll keep it positive and say at least it finally worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Details View Post
    Ugh. No comment on this!
    I think you're thinking what I'm thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Details View Post
    Ugh. No comment on this!

I'll keep it positive and say at least it finally worked out.
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I think you're thinking what I'm thinking.
    Pretty sure I know what both of you are thinking, but I question whether or not this is specifically an EA SPORTS problem or a general video game football problem.

Remember, after all, that NFL 2K5 did not license Soldier Field either. It was known as "Chicago Field" while Madden had "Chicago Stadium."

Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
    Pretty sure I know what both of you are thinking, but I question whether or not this is specifically an EA SPORTS problem or a general video game football problem.

Remember, after all, that NFL 2K5 did not license Soldier Field either. It was known as "Chicago Field" while Madden had "Chicago Stadium."
    Actually, I was thinking the Bears are full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Actually, I was thinking the Bears are full of shit.
    Oh . Guess I was wrong in your case.

Pretty sure I wasn't wrong with regard to Details though.

Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
    Oh . Guess I was wrong in your case.

Pretty sure I wasn't wrong with regard to Details though.
    Yeah, maybe I was.

According to ESPN's Jon Robinson, there will be some news coming Monday.

amazongames Amazon Games
    Get $20 in Amazon credit with pre-order of #Madden NFL 12 for PS3 and Xbox 360. Happy Friday! http://amzn.to/ic2F0b

Damn thats an early preorder..

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I wonder if you get the keep the $20 gift card if you cancel the preorder or do you not get the gift card until the actual purchase happens? (probably the way it works...)

There's no freakin' way I'd preorder it yet until I knew what was different about it. No freakin' way.

You don't get the $20 credit (it's not a gift-card, it goes directly into your account) until the product ships.

Finally got the NFLPA answer, courtesy IGN:
    Those who love playing football on their console as much (or maybe even more) than watching the real deal on TV can rejoice. Despite the current labor strife, which has seen the NFL Player's Association decertified and the owners lockout the players, Madden NFL 12 will hit stores in August.

For those curious how this is possible, the licensing arm of the NFLPA still exists. Though it's no longer a labor union, the NFLPA isn't dissolved. So the contract EA signed with the NFLPA continues unhindered, as does the agreement with all 32 NFL teams.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    I wonder if you get the keep the $20 gift card if you cancel the preorder or do you not get the gift card until the actual purchase happens? (probably the way it works...)

There's no freakin' way I'd preorder it yet until I knew what was different about it. No freakin' way.
    The credit is typically applied 48-72 hours after it ships....