Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Madden NFL 12 - August 30, 2011

• Facebook
  • Display
    Two weeks later for the release makes some sense with Tiger moving up and possibly no NFL season. Tiger now has some extra time to stand on its own and NCAA gets the limelight for an extra couple weeks. If there's no NFL season, they will probably put extra marketing hype behind the release of Madden 12 as 'the NFL season' for some diehard league & game fans.

Thats what I was thinking as well CD.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Madden officially announced for August 30th this year. Three full weeks off from the usual launch.
    Awful for me. That is such a late date as my summer vacation is over and I am back to work.

Might be getting back on the Madden train this year!

I've always hated how Madden released soon after NCAA. It always made me juggle both, it will be good to spend some extra time with NCAA.

If there is an NFL season, this pushes it closer to the start of that which I like better....you'll get an updated roster a lot closer to the release date.

Here's some clarification on how concussions will work in M12:

"We're treating the injury more in line to how they do in the NFL," Frazier explained as we played an early build of the game. "It's not based on the Hit Stick, though. It's based on the area of the collision. So you have to actually hit a guy in the head as part of a tackle for it to even be considered for a concussion, but causing a concussion in the game is rare.

"I'm not sure of the exact numbers, but there were over 25,000 plays called last season in the NFL, and out of all those plays there were only about 200 concussions. So in "Madden," on any play, there is a .59 percent chance of a concussion happening. It's a very rare injury and it will be rare in the game."

Frazier also said that defenders will not be suspended in franchise mode for causing too many of these hits as gamers can't aim their tackles specifically at their opponent's head. "We don't have a mechanic in the game that causes a concussion," added Frazier. "There's nothing you can do to increase the likelihood of a concussion. We're not going there."
    Courtesy: ESPN Video Games

THAT is cool! Well done Madden team! That's is really cool.... Still