View Poll Results: What is the best version of NCAA Football on next-gen?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • NCAA 07

0 0%
  • NCAA 08

1 3.13%
  • NCAA 09

6 18.75%
  • NCAA 10

25 78.13%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Version of NCAA on Next Gen

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Would be hard since NCAA 07 was 360 only
    No wonder lol. I never bought a PS3 initially. I waited for the first price drop so I didn't buy it until a month before NCAA 08 came out.

Boy that's tough because they have all been so flawed. However, NCAA 10 made the biggest strides and if fatigue, formation subs, and presentation had been in 10 it could have been a great game. This bodes well for 11.

I've touted NCAA 09 for a little bit now. It's the most "progressed" behind NCAA 10 which added these things which were all highly undesirable to me:

1. The Gameplanning gameplay feature and overpowered run commit (Besides straight cheesing, these hurt online play immensely)
    2. Slowed down break-away players so you'd see top speed WRs and RBs getting run down by average speed LBs
    3. The Season Showdown annoying point system that would doc you points for "Running up the Score" when it was more like you were finishing off your opponent. (I eventually learned to ignore it)

I'd also like to give bonus points to NCAA 09 for introducing Online Dynasty, which is probably the best new feature introduced to the NG series.

Quote Originally Posted by spiker View Post
    I've touted NCAA 09 for a little bit now. It's the most "progressed" behind NCAA 10 which added these things which were all highly undesirable to me:

1. The Gameplanning gameplay feature and overpowered run commit (Besides straight cheesing, these hurt online play immensely)
    2. Slowed down break-away players so you'd see top speed WRs and RBs getting run down by average speed LBs
    3. The Season Showdown annoying point system that would doc you points for "Running up the Score" when it was more like you were finishing off your opponent. (I eventually learned to ignore it)

I'd also like to give bonus points to NCAA 09 for introducing Online Dynasty, which is probably the best new feature introduced to the NG series.
    Yeah as Tommy said, 10 for gameplay 09 for the inventions we received....and welcome by the way Spiker!

Thanks. I saw you posted some at utopia today but those posts disappeared so I'd figure I'd drop by and see what you guys are talking about over here. I like the format on this site, btw. It's easy on my Irish eyes.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Most definitely '10. '09 was atrocious and I never played '08 or '07 for next gen though I apparently didn't miss much so '10 definitely gets my vote. Hell, I'm still playing '10 since the '11 demo is so jacked up (and has nothing but 4-3 defenses and teams I don't like playing with).

I'd also like to add that I put my money where my mouth is since I still play NCAA 09 when I get my itch. I traded in NCAA 10 a few months ago after my OD died off.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Yeah as Tommy said, 10 for gameplay 09 for the inventions we received....and welcome by the way Spiker!
    I wasn't welcomed to the site....

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    I wasn't welcomed to the site....
    Well boohooo LOL I didn't catch you on your first post I guess LOL

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Boy that's tough because they have all been so flawed. However, NCAA 10 made the biggest strides and if fatigue, formation subs, and presentation had been in 10 it could have been a great game. This bodes well for 11.
    Yeah very much so. Can't wait to see the final product in action.

For me, 09 like it was stated was revolutionary to what makes this series what it is in my eyes so I gotta say 09. Having said that 10 made strides as it appears 11 will as well. But right now, just because it started things for what we all have to enjoy now, 09 gets my vote.

I voted for 10, base almost exclusively on TeamBuilder. I put in more seasons with 10 than in several recent editions because seeing my CAS team in next gen was really good. Sure, there were some issues, but it was pretty good overall.

I should add that I had 09 for next gen for a very short while before getting the PS2 version of 09.

'10

Recruit
    10 hands down. I'm happy no one has voted for 07... It was a pile of trash. I was really excited when I downloaded that demo. Once I started playing... wow... I kept my NCAA07 PS2 preorder.

Ncaa 10 was the best and most polished out of them.

The worst was Ncaa 08 because CPU defense was shit, linebackers would pick off any pass over the middle and corners had eyes in the back of their head.

Ncaa 09.

I'm thinking of busting out ncaa 07 just so I can play in the old Orange Bowl again.