Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's left to be announced?!

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    Why are we still holding on to this. It was mentioned earlier in another thread, that if they aren't going to include "coaches" in any other part of the game, why would they put a coaching carousel in? This is a feature for next year. With the way the ncaa team is going about different aspects of the game this year, they are meeting every aspect of any addition they have made. Coaching carousel without coaches anywhere would not hold true to the approach they have taken. Not only that, but there is absolutely NOTHING that would tie to a that feature in any way that has been announced. Even 120 ways to win doesn't tie in. Because it's separate styles for every school. I mean, you could change the offensive playbook to whatever you want, but the focus is for EVERY school to play like they play IRL, not for the option of changing offenses throughout the ncaa. That's how I see it so far anyway. Not trying to squash the dream, but don't hold on for too long to this one, until 12 anyway.
    Hey, you are preaching to the choir... I think you are commenting on my post from NCAA Strat. I am just saying that it would be a nice feature to have though I don't expect we will get it.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Hey, you are preaching to the choir... I think you are commenting on my post from NCAA Strat. I am just saying that it would be a nice feature to have though I don't expect we will get it.
    Oh sorry. I ..... yeah. My bad. Friends???? haha

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Not so fast, my friend.

[/Corso]

That guy acted like he knew what he was talking about. It'd take it with a heaping pile of salt though. It wouldn't surprise me to see it in the next blog (since that's about CPU recruiting), but what's written in that chat isn't fact based on the chat alone.
    Very wise decision. Wow, if that's wrong....

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Not so fast, my friend.

[/Corso]
    I think I'm one of the few that will miss Corso as part of the broadcast team.

Oh sorry. I ..... yeah. My bad. Friends???? haha
    No worries

With all the talk of the CPU being smarter in recruiting and such, who thinks there is an achievement added for taking a small program to a BCS game or a national title?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I think I'm one of the few that will miss Corso as part of the broadcast team.
    Did I miss this? Is Corso being out confirmed? I will miss him as well.

Discussion of the 'ELITE' pics have been moved to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Did I miss this? Is Corso being out confirmed? I will miss him as well.
    Yes it's confirmed. I can't remember where, but he's gone, as is "ask corso". And yes, you are probably the only 2 that will miss him. I love him in real life though, on the set for pregame stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    With all the talk of the CPU being smarter in recruiting and such, who thinks there is an achievement added for taking a small program to a BCS game or a national title?
    Oh, great point. That would be a great achievement addition.

Yes it's confirmed. I can't remember where, but he's gone, as is "ask corso". And yes, you are probably the only 2 that will miss him. I love him in real life though, on the set for pregame stuff.
    Man, I totally missed all that. So, its just Herbie and Ness?

Was Nessler it NCAA 10? lol

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
    Was Nessler it NCAA 10? lol
    yup. it's been Nessler, Kirk, and Corso for a very long time(if not from the beginning, my memory is not that good). it seems Corso is gone for this year, even the ask Corso feature is renamed to "ask coach". also, on the NCAA site feature page, where it talks about the ESPN broadcast, it only mentions Brad and Kirk in the booth with Erin on the sidelines. no mention of Corso.

If the brodcasting is terrible I think that the ESPN presentation is a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Man, I totally missed all that. So, its just Herbie and Ness?
    Yeah at community day it took quite a while for me to figure that out LOL

At CD they said that part of the reason they removed Corso is because of the complaints of all of the stale, repetitive commentary. Obviously most of his lines are the memorable ones so those are the ones that stick out whenever you think of repetitive. I'm hoping that this also opens the door for the future to use the saved space for either additional commentary or additional features.

Then I wonder if the have a voice
    explaining why the coach picks
    this play on the"ask coach" feature and if so who is the voice.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    At CD they said that part of the reason they removed Corso is because of the complaints of all of the stale, repetitive commentary. Obviously most of his lines are the memorable ones so those are the ones that stick out whenever you think of repetitive. I'm hoping that this also opens the door for the future to use the saved space for either additional commentary or additional features.
    Did they say if they went in and recorded new stuff? Cause without new analysis, losing Corso will do very little but make the current commentary between the other two just as stale. I have a strong feeling they would've added a ton of stuff due to the espn, but the statement by JB that it took him a long time to figure it out is a bit puzzling in the realm of announcing. Nothing to get upset about though.

EDIT: Oh you prolly can't talk much about that. I also heard last year that they were looking to add a new PA announcer voice, and couldn't get it in last season. Hopefully it's in this year. That would make for a fresh touch. The PA announcer has been on sleeping pills since I can remember.
    Last edited by Jayrah; 05-27-2010 at 12:00 AM.

i say we bring back keith jackson to replace corso... to rekindle those old days on the PS1... lol with the gamebreaker series from 989...

"E"

What is Keith Jackson doing these days?