Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: For All The Star Wars Nerds Out There

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    wat?

The story of I and II couldn't compare to the originals. III was good ... it deserved the Star Wars label, II did ... once the Genosis scenes started ... and I did not, at all. Duel of the Fates is the only redeeming thing about Episode I.
    See I think the story of Phantom was actually pretty good. Now I agree that it failed in acting, dialogue and not meeting up to expectations and was my least favorite of the 6, but I think it had the potential to be good. But the fact of how the Emperor manipulated everybody and rose to power I thought was a really good plot line. I did think the "how they found" Anakin could have been better, though.

Oh, absolutely. The story of I had some good points ... but overall, TPM didn't match up to the rest. Too many convenient plot-points. It was almost made-for-TV worthy, in terms of the number of shamefully convenient moments.

Not to mention the number of continuity holes that opened up in the canon ... oy ...
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Alright, the Blu-Rays have almost won me over. Specifically all the extras, which is what I was waiting to find out about.

http://maythe4th.starwars.com/?CO=us-en has the full details.

· DISC SEVEN – NEW! STAR WARS ARCHIVES: EPISODES I-III

o Including: deleted, extended and alternate scenes; prop, maquette and costume turnarounds; matte paintings and concept art; supplementary interviews with cast and crew; a flythrough of the Lucasfilm Archives and more

· DISC EIGHT – NEW! STAR WARS ARCHIVES: EPISODES IV-VI

o Including: deleted, extended and alternate scenes; prop, maquette and costume turnarounds; matte paintings and concept art; supplementary interviews with cast and crew; and more

· DISC NINE – THE STAR WARS DOCUMENTARIES

o NEW! Star Warriors (2007, Color, Apx. 84 Minutes) – Some Star Wars fans want to collect action figures…these fans want to be action figures! A tribute to the 501st Legion, a global organization of Star Wars costume enthusiasts, this insightful documentary shows how the super-fan club promotes interest in the films through charity and volunteer work at fundraisers and high-profile special events around the world.

o NEW! A Conversation with the Masters: The Empire Strikes Back 30 Years Later (2010, Color, Apx. 25 Minutes) – George Lucas, Irvin Kershner, Lawrence Kasdan and John Williams look back on the making of The Empire Strikes Back in this in-depth retrospective from Lucasfilm created to help commemorate the 30th anniversary of the movie. The masters discuss and reminisce about one of the most beloved films of all time.

o NEW! Star Wars Spoofs (2011, Color, Apx. 91 Minutes) – The farce is strong with this one! Enjoy a hilarious collection of Star Wars spoofs and parodies that have been created over the years, including outrageous clips from Family Guy, The Simpsons, How I Met Your Mother and more — and don’t miss “Weird Al” Yankovic’s one-of-a-kind music video tribute to The Phantom Menace!

o The Making of Star Wars (1977, Color, Apx. 49 Minutes) – Learn the incredible behind-the-scenes story of how the original Star Wars movie was brought to the big screen in this fascinating documentary hosted by C-3PO and R2-D2. Includes interviews with George Lucas and appearances by Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher.

o The Empire Strikes Back: SPFX (1980, Color, Apx. 48 Minutes) – Learn the secrets of making movies in a galaxy far, far away. Hosted by Mark Hamill, this revealing documentary offers behind-the-scenes glimpses into the amazing special effects that transformed George Lucas’ vision for Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back into reality!

o Classic Creatures: Return of the Jedi (1983, Color, Apx. 48 Minutes) – Go behind the scenes — and into the costumes — as production footage from Return of the Jedi is interspersed with vintage monster movie clips in this in-depth exploration of the painstaking techniques utilized by George Lucas to create the classic creatures and characters seen in the film. Hosted and narrated by Carrie Fisher and Billie Dee Williams.

o Anatomy of a Dewback (1997, Color, Apx. 26 Minutes) – See how some of the special effects in Star Wars became even more special two decades later! George Lucas explains and demonstrates how his team transformed the original dewback creatures from immovable rubber puppets (in the original 1977 release) to seemingly living, breathing creatures for the Star Wars 1997 Special Edition update.

o Star Wars Tech (2007, Color, Apx. 46 Minutes) – Exploring the technical aspects of Star Wars vehicles, weapons and gadgetry, Star Wars Tech consults leading scientists in the fields of physics, prosthetics, lasers, engineering and astronomy to examine the plausibility of Star Wars technology based on science as we know it today.

The Empire Stikes Back... one of the best freaking movies ever. I could watch it every day and not tire of it. Pt 1-3 however, never need to see them again.

I've seen everyone.

and I still say ,youre all dweebs....

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    and I still say ,youre all dweebs....
    What part of enjoying something makes one a "dweeb", Mr. Teambuilder? I'm a sci-fi geek, you're a Teambuilder geek.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    What part of enjoying something makes one a "dweeb", Mr. Teambuilder? I'm a sci-fi geek, you're a Teambuilder geek.

ok, as long as youre not one of these

I liked Attack of the Clones ok and RotS was pretty good. Little Anakin Skywalker and pod racing just sucked tho. I liked Darth Maul in the video though. Also if anyone is a MMO player are you going to be playing Star Wars: The Old Republic?

Quote Originally Posted by DariusLock View Post
    Also if anyone is a MMO player are you going to be playing Star Wars: The Old Republic?

It'll finally give me the incentive to fix my computer.

Just watched Star Wars episode one on spike... I love 4-6 but #1.... just awful. Lucas needs a mulligan on that one!

Damnit, I'm getting even closer to buying these ...

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articl...s/preview.html

Fair warning, if you start Googling some of the things mentioned in that preview (like a certain glitch), you'll find a lot more about the problems with SW (from a film aficionado perspective) than you'll probably ever want to know. Some of the "problems" mentioned with the DVDs is almost enough to make me buy the Blu-ray just to get (hopefully) "better" quality.

Ole George won't be getting my money this time around. I can't begin to tell you how many times i've bought the Star Wars saga on VHS and DVD. Besides, i've seen 4-6 to death. I was ZZZZZZZZZZ, II was meh. III was the best Star Wars movie since The Emipre Strikes Back. If I had it my way, I and II would have been one movie. Make III the second movie and have the 3rd movie showing Vader kicking all kinds of ass. That would have been a great set of films.

The R2D2 360 Console won't be out in time for the holidays either...just announced today I think.

Thumbs down

:rolleyes: George is at it again....

Nooo! George Lucas Makes More Changes to Original Trilogy.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I really hate George Lucas. He's a fuckin' hack. Just like Ridley Scott. They turn great material into ok material and suck at anything that normally wouldn't be completely amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by NatureBoy View Post
    Sigh. And that's almost enough to make me not buy the Blu-rays at all. I'd heard that it was a new scene, and I didn't mind that idea ... but adding a totally unnecessary line? Sigh.

It's Han Shoots First all over again.

And now I'm back on the "maybe I'll get it" side.

You may have already seen the deleted scene posted at Entertainment Weekly yesterday. We got to see that one and a whole lot more footage that's never been released before. Without giving it all away, we encourage you to go straight to these scenes when you first get the disc. But be warned that you'll need more than 40 hours of viewing time to get through all of the special features on Star Wars: The Complete Saga.
    That's a lot of special features. And I love special features.

I'm not a big fan, but I wanna at least get ep. 4,5, & 6 on Blu.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.