Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Deals Thread

• Facebook
  • Display

Crazy-good deal... 60" 1080p HDTV for $570 shipped.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Mitsubis...=30-69071096-2

I have this TV and love it. I got it for about $200 more a couple of years ago (this is a newer model) and haven't had a single complaint out of it.

That would be sweet, especially since I'm buying a new TV either this weekend or in three weeks, but no way in hell I'd be able to buy that. I have absolutely nothing in room for a 60 inch. With the limited space I have, even a 50 inch would probably be too big. I also don't want to get too heavy as whatever TV I buy is going to be sitting on top of a TV stand, with my DVR, DVD player, PS2 and external hard drives for my laptop sitting on shelves directly underneath it.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    That would be sweet, especially since I'm buying a new TV either this weekend or in three weeks, but no way in hell I'd be able to buy that. I have absolutely nothing in room for a 60 inch. With the limited space I have, even a 50 inch would probably be too big. I also don't want to get too heavy as whatever TV I buy is going to be sitting on top of a TV stand, with my DVR, DVD player, PS2 and external hard drives for my laptop sitting on shelves directly underneath it.
    Definitely understand the size issue but for weight, it's 60 lbs. so not ridiculously heavy. I've got mine sitting on a TV stand I got from Target a few years back. It's designed for bigger TVs but wasn't too expensive. Just FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Definitely understand the size issue but for weight, it's 60 lbs. so not ridiculously heavy. I've got mine sitting on a TV stand I got from Target a few years back. It's designed for bigger TVs but wasn't too expensive. Just FYI.
    Well, still have the size issue. And at least the stand I have, it was a cheapo stand, that even with my current TV that's maybe 30-40 lbs, the top of the stand has already started bowing a little bit from having this TV sitting on it since 2009. The TV I'm planning on buying is a 40 inch that weighs only 30.2 lbs. With as much stuff as I have sitting in and stored on this stand, it'd be a pain in the ass to clear it all out and move the stand (I'd have to disassemble it just to even move it from it's currently location, as it's bracketed by a bookshelf and a desk), so I'm trying to keep it so I can just simply switch out the old TV with the new TV, re-hook up all the cables as I currently have them (should hopefully be a simple matter of unplug, switch the TVs, and plug them all back in), and go on about business like normal, with this stand lasting a while longer before I eventually have to look at something new.

New Green Day album Uno! just came out today, it's only $5 at Amazon

Fixed link...they were advertising the clean version thankfully I shared this on Facebook and a buddy of mine pointed it out. Amazon refunded me.
    Last edited by JBHuskers; 09-25-2012 at 10:58 AM.

Finish Line is back with a deal on NCAA team hoodies & sweat pants... this time 2 for $40.
    http://www.finishline.com/store/shop...3pf?icid=12290

Holy crap, some great DVD Black Friday deals on Amazon. Homeland season 1 is 67% off, Walking Dead season 2 is 72%. Hot damn.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Holy crap, some great DVD Black Friday deals on Amazon. Homeland season 1 is 67% off, Walking Dead season 2 is 72%. Hot damn.
    Yeah. I got Moneyball, Prometheus, The Campaign, and Hatfield's & McCoy's all for under $10 on blu ray.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Yeah. I got Moneyball, Prometheus, The Campaign, and Hatfield's & McCoy's all for under $10 on blu ray.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah, Walking Dead, The League, Homeland, etc may all turn into blu-rays for me. Found some decent blu-ray players for $65-$80 on Amazon. I don't need all that fancy crap (internet ready, wifi, apps (Netflix and etc), 3D, smart tv, etc.), I just want a simple blu-ray player that will play blu-rays and nothing more.

6 10 feet HDMI cables $13

http://1saleaday.com/wireless/

I don't know if any of you guys read the Smart Football blog but he is having a Super Bowl special on his newest book for only 99¢ on Kindle. Hell of deal. I just picked up a copy so I wanted to pass it along.

Smart Football @smartfootball:
    Super Bowl Special Offer: The Essential Smart Football available for 99 Cents for a limited time - http://t.co/UnxtjHmM

It's a good book. Not as good as I was hoping, but solid.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    It's a good book. Not as good as I was hoping, but solid.

If you're currently an ESPN Mag / Insider subscriber, you can tack on a year for a buck.

http://slickdeals.net/f/5852098-ESPN...tent-upgrade-1

The e-mail links didn't work for me, but calling 888-285-8368 did, and you reference espn.com/thankyou

amazon has a crapload of music albums for under $6 today. found some good stuff and a lot of shitty stuff too.

Anybody familiar with this?

Looks like it could be handy for the laptop and/or PS3. Hell of a deal with the coupon code, so figured what the hell and got one.

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/9244...emote-keyboard