Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Community Sound-Off: The Future of Online Dynasty

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by kdog36 View Post
    Make the recruits more realistic?
    The realism of recruits (and particularly progression) is one thing I think is severally lacking in long-term dynasties, both offline and online. I plan on doing a lot of research in this area soon.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

unless they change the fact that the CPU defense knows if I'm running or passing when I break the huddle this game is dead to me...

Quote Originally Posted by RailHawk View Post
    unless they change the fact that the CPU defense knows if I'm running or passing when I break the huddle this game is dead to me...
    I watched this closely over the last few days, and I don't think it's nearly as prevalent as we think. Most people point to the fact that the defense comes out in 4-3 against a spread formation ... but even when I'm calling pass plays, I see the same thing.

The problem is just the overall playcall logic, not specifically that they're psychic. Except on audibles ... that is where 'psychic' tends to come in to play, or be more apparent.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I watched this closely over the last few days, and I don't think it's nearly as prevalent as we think. Most people point to the fact that the defense comes out in 4-3 against a spread formation ... but even when I'm calling pass plays, I see the same thing.

The problem is just the overall playcall logic, not specifically that they're psychic. Except on audibles ... that is where 'psychic' tends to come in to play, or be more apparent.
    To piggyback on this thought. Another big-time feature that is left largely untouched is the team philosophy option. If these are changed to match somewhat real life tendencies for each cpu team you are playing, I have heard that it makes a HUGE difference in how the cpu calls its defenses. Goes along with CDJ's and others suggestions earlier to make an offline dynasty able to switch over.

And to be honest, audibles this year work at a much higher rate for positive plays than in years past. In fact I haven't even noticed the cpu switching hardly at all recently to match my audibles in a cheap way. I have set them, and I will use about half of them as just the quick options, as opposed to completely changing the formations every time.

Speaking of Audibles though, if I run a no huddle offense, and I had the full bevy of options at my disposal at the beginning of the sequence, I would like to have those same options if I decide to change out of the play that I picked. Wouldn't mind if at that point I can't change the formation, just as long as I had a full formation of plays to choose from if I wish. They look back over to the sidelines for just that reason, right?

When Carousel is finally added (whenever that would be), it's gonna be a game changer. I want to see that asap. But the immediate thing that doesn't have to do with that which I want to see is an individualization of everything. CDJ started to go into that. But I would like to expand on this thought, because above anything else for me, I love connecting with my recruits in such a way that I can see their role in my system based on their strengths and weaknesses. Then when they finally get to the campus, I want to be able to see things in my players that make it worth my while to go into something like practice mode and take a look at them.

Examples of things that could be added:

1: A small thing and a majorly requested add-on is hair. No it didn't make our top choices, but it's something that should be added because it adds a high percentage of variety to your players without any further gameplay additions.

2: Styles. These have come so so so so so far, just continue in the mold for me. Power back, elusive, fast combo. I can finally tell. Now continue to work on running styles and different subtle animations to differentiate them. Qb's same thing with things like arm motions and release speeds. And MY personal pet peeve: Wr's vs Db's. Really want to see my big wr go up and out-compete the smaller guy for the ball with both actually jumping and coming up with a play on the ball only, as opposed to the db playing the ball and then the man immediately if he doesn't come up with it. Or a speed wr cut to the middle grab a pass and zoom through with quick strides.

3: Strong side, weak side. I would love to see a value added to the left and right sides of every player. I want to know where my lineman is better blocking, down or out. Can I pull the reach play out of my pocket with this guy at Tackle, or could he not make it based on his weakness, rather than based on pure win loss ratio. I want to shade my rcb inside because he has trouble defending anything when that wr crosses his face to the inside left, and if I can force the wr to his right he makes better plays for me.

4: And lastly, Personality. I want to see something as simple and similar to what 2K11 does with their nba personalities, except football is different. 5 types:
    Timid: The game is overwhelming at times and this player struggles to make plays even with a good skill set. Rare excitement and celebration. (except team)
    Laid Back: This player goes about their business and doesn't do a whole lot of celebrating (except team). Not overly aggressive and lets plays get to him instead of making them.
    High Energy: This player can do really well or struggle based on momentum. In the heat of some good vibes, this player is more apt to step up and make a play for his team. He could also cost you a penalty with a late hit or an unnecessary celebration, although most are team oriented. But isn't he worth the risk if his skill level is high enough?
    Calm: This player understands football. They are solid for your team in the ways that they can be. Don't take many unnecessary risks, and won't cost your team yardage being dumb.
    Leader: Most likely known as your stars and captains. They do it all, and their attitude never waivers, even during a bad game.

Idk, just some ideas of individualization for players.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    There are a few things...but one that jumps off the top of my head is during recruiting (and this could work for offline too), I would like to be able to go to my depth chart without having to back all the way out of the recruiting hub.
    I agree with you on this one Huskers!! I think this should be all in one area .. To me this speeds things up for me and I like the control that would bring ...

I like what CLW had to say on the 1st page about Coach contracts..

My thoughts on this would be to sign a contract , but with any team big or small .. If you sign with a small school and build it up you should start to see contract offers from large BCS schools. Now on the other hand if you sign with a big time school ,and you don't do so good "Get Fired" (which I hope is in 12) then you will see your offers only coming from small time schools......

Romo, that's pretty much how contracts work in offline dynasty. So hopefully we'll get them into Online Dynasties soon.

I'm late to the convo and everything I'd like to see has been mentioned. Comparing user stats is huge though. It would save me tons of time in my current online dynasty.

WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO CONDUCT ALL ACTIVITIES IN THE ONLINE DYNASTY ON THE PC JUST SHORT OF PLAYING THE GAME. This has to be something that will be addressed if they plan on using the PC idea again.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Romo, that's pretty much how contracts work in offline dynasty. So hopefully we'll get them into Online Dynasties soon.
    LOL.. I have not even done a offline Dynasty this year .. I guess I should have

The future of Online Dynasty isnt far away. Simple things like Coaching Contracts would be a great addtion online, but players need to feel like they run the team. What I mean by that is have an owner mode where you have the ability to build a program through its fan, stadium, and National exposure. If I was a small school like Troy, and im playing UL-Monroe, I wouldnt expect Lee Corso, or any of those guys broadcasting the game because we dont have enough National Exposure. But if through the years you start winning and get bumped up to another conference you might end up on College gameday or something. Having the ability to move up to a better conference in Online Dynasty would be awesome.

Also, fans need to be more realistic in order to represent the team and their success. Im in an online dynasty with USF and every game their stadium is packed full, but when I watched them play Conneticut the last week of the regular season, the whole upper deck was empty at the start. So I would hope they would realisticly put in the number of fans (approximate) that would attend a game for a team that had a record of 3-7 because then it would feel like it would in real life. Once you start winning, more fans show up

But overall Online Dynasty is 10x ahead of an other online sports league I can think of!

I agree with most comments posted.

I would like coaching contracts and conference changes, like in the offline dynasty part of the game. Make the offline and online features the SAME.

This probably doesn't have much to do with online dynasty but more overall gameplay:

I'm not sure I understand this "fair play" issue. I don't understand why when I'm up by 21 for example in the 3rd quarter and I have 3rd and 7, if I pass the ball 10 yards for a first down I get penalized for "throwing". I'm not throwing the bomb, I'm just trying to get a first down.

However, if the CPU is up by 40 in the 4th quarter they can air it out ALL DAY LONG and they do not get penalized. Why does the CPU not run the ball in that situation? If the "sportsmanship" idea is really going to work, it needs to go both ways. I don't mind running 3 runs in a row and punting when I'm up. I would expect the CPU to do the same though when they are up by more than 21+.

One other thing that would be cool is to have Div II, III and all conferences available to play in online & offline dynasties, not just through teambuilder. I would like to play with those smaller schools and try and build powerhouses out of them, or atleast start there as a coach and progress until I am offered a coaching position at a larger 'main stream' school.

Overall though, I really enjoy this game!
    Last edited by gigemaggs99; 01-20-2011 at 04:13 PM.