Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden NFL 11

• Facebook
  • Display
    New Video with Gus Johsnon

From the Madden team:

While that meant not making any major overhauls to Franchise or SuperStar (in Madden 11), we were still able to make some notable improvements while we prepare for the future. Specifically, we improved franchise stats (especially season rushing yards and season sacks), in-game injuries, Super Bowl presentation, NCAA Draft Class tuning, and we even completely re-created over 8000 players in 32 draft classes. We also added the new Meadowlands Stadium as the 2014 Super Bowl site.

Also: New game feature/mode announced tonight on GameTrailers TV.

The whole "not improving Franchise mode" may have just turned me off from buying Madden this year.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    From the Madden team:

While that meant not making any major overhauls to Franchise or SuperStar (in Madden 11), we were still able to make some notable improvements while we prepare for the future. Specifically, we improved franchise stats (especially season rushing yards and season sacks), in-game injuries, Super Bowl presentation, NCAA Draft Class tuning, and we even completely re-created over 8000 players in 32 draft classes. We also added the new Meadowlands Stadium as the 2014 Super Bowl site.

Also: New game feature/mode announced tonight on GameTrailers TV.
    NO FRANCHISE OVERHAUL = me NOT purchasing Madden 11. I enjoyed Madden 10 but continuing to neglect a very bland and boring and problematic franchise mode is too much for me to overlook.

I havent played franchise mode in forever so this doesn't really effect me. It did need reworked though but I'd moreso care about them fixing the CPU AI when you play them more than anything then it would be enjoyable.

So the Madden team decided it was better to improve the "Ask Madden" feature than put improvements in franchise mode which everyone loves the most? Their priorities seem off this year. My gut feels the same way about Madden 11 as it did about NCAA 10 last spring. A great playing game can cure this but the marketing has been lousy for Madden 11 this year imo.

3 on 3 Online Team play will be in Madden NFL 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev5890 View Post
    http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1096727p1.html

Who wants a working offline franchise when we can have this... seriously.... 3 on 3....???? (insert extreme sarcasm here).

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Who wants a working offline franchise when we can have this... seriously.... 3 on 3....???? (insert extreme sarcasm here).
    I completely agree.

It's barely fun to play against random people 1 on 1. Who the hell wants to add two other cheesing fuckers to your team to try to out cheese 3 other cheesers?

That's the most retarded thing I've ever seen. Whatever happened to getting the dynasty presentation from Head Coach over since they have that guy on the team?

I haven't bought Madden since '09 (and boy was THAT a disappointment) and I haven't played Madden for more than a month since '08 (and then, it was only Superstar Mode with a friend) and this definitely will not change that.

I agree about their priorities. Madden seems like it is slacking off a little this year after what they did last year. The new gameflow seems like it would mostly favor new people who don't play much or People who like head coach. Maybe the gameplay can pick up where the franchise will be lacking. I'm not sure if I will purchase it yet or not.

Got a chance to test it out during the NFL Draft....it's a blast to play. Definitely agree with Madden lacking in the WOW factor this year. I'm very excited to see Gus Johnson in the game, he's one of my favorites and did a phenomenal job on NCAA Basketball 10. I'm actually disappointed they didn't work on the key things that were needed on the online franchise. Especially the free agency system.

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    The whole "not improving Franchise mode" may have just turned me off from buying Madden this year.
    Yeah, that doesn't sound good. On the bright side, NCAA looks to be great, so it may take up most of my time like Madden did last year.

BTW I will still get Madden.

Quote Originally Posted by DookieMowf View Post
    Yeah, that doesn't sound good. On the bright side, NCAA looks to be great, so it may take up most of my time like Madden did last year.

BTW I will still get Madden.
    I guess on the bright side with Madden 11 looking to be a dissapointment, it will save me $60.00 this summer. No updates to offline franchise gives me ZERO incentive to buy. I am perfectly content to play Madden 10... a sixty dollar roster upgrade just isn't worth it.

Guys, fyi, it's important to note the reason for not having major Franchise improvements this year didn't have anything to do with 3-on-3 or Game Flow.

Read the full blog for more, but here's the important quote.

To re-write Franchise mode to take full advantage of the PS3 and Xbox 360 would take well over a year to do, which is why we’ve taken the approach we have up until now. With that in mind, we made the decision to focus this year’s development on making the core areas of Madden NFL better, namely the AI, animations, playcall, and online play. While that meant not making any major overhauls to Franchise or SuperStar,
    I think Madden has absolutely killed the momentum they had (if any) going into E3 this year. Online Franchise was the major feature for last year, but from all indications it pretty much flopped. So now they're, at least for Franchise, taking a year off because, admittedly, it takes more than a year to put these improvements in. I appreciate their honesty, but it's still a gut shot.

Definitely no Madden for me this year, though this was all-but true before now anyway.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Guys, fyi, it's important to note the reason for not having major Franchise improvements this year didn't have anything to do with 3-on-3 or Game Flow.

Read the full blog for more, but here's the important quote.

I think Madden has absolutely killed the momentum they had (if any) going into E3 this year. Online Franchise was the major feature for last year, but from all indications it pretty much flopped. So now they're, at least for Franchise, taking a year off because, admittedly, it takes more than a year to put these improvements in. I appreciate their honesty, but it's still a gut shot.

Definitely no Madden for me this year, though this was all-but true before now anyway.
    That's all fine and dandy, but it's been know ever since it jumped from last gen to next gen that Franchise is in desperate need of updates. It taking more than 1 year to make those changes really isn't much of an excuse. You can't tell me that they are going to serious say, "Well, we spent ALL of 2012's dev cycle making the Franchise and Online Franchise portion of the game better, but we didn't fix any of the new bugs and glitches that have cropped up from last year's game." Or that they haven't even TOUCHED the Superstar Mode since it was debuted on '06. '06! I mean, for christ's sake, what do they expect from their customers if they aren't going to even TOUCH the main reason to even freakin' play Madden (since playing online is like watching snail's screw because it's so goddamn slow)?

Based on what I've seen, I think the vast majority of Madden players DO play nothing but online ...
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I'm optimistic they made improvements to Franchise by addressing issue and bugs and also making some improvements, even if it isn't a rewrite:

While that meant not making any major overhauls to Franchise or SuperStar, we were still able to make some notable improvements while we prepare for the future. Specifically, we improved franchise stats (especially season rushing yards and season sacks), in-game injuries, Super Bowl presentation, NCAA Draft Class tuning, and we even completely re-created over 8000 players in 32 draft classes.
    At least they came out and stated that they didn't spent a lot of time on it, but plan huge rewrites. Once the dust settles, I think most people prefer that versus 'no comment' on the mode leading up to release.

What gets me most on Superstar Mode is how unplayable it is due to the camera angle. I think it was M10 (don't think it was 09) I played two games of it with my RTG player and just abandoned it. The camera angle made it unplayable, so if they fixed that alone it would make the mode playable.

OTP is a fun mode. I question the longevity based upon what the mode doesn't offer, but I think with a legit group of guys (and foes) you will see people forming their own group/clan/team and racking up the games. Hopefully M12 will have stat tracking, if not OTP leagues of some sort as well as the Franchise/OF changes people are clamoring for.

Last year, it was Madden 10 with the big name features (Online Franchise, Pro-Tak, Extra Point, cutscenes, etc.) and people buried NCAA. This year, NCAA has the big features and Madden has seemingly lost the momentum they built up. I hope we (as a gaming community on the whole) don't get in a yo-yo pattern where every other year one of the football titles is built up pre-release while the other is bashed. It's going to be tough for NCAA 12 to have as many big item/name features like they did this year, while it sounds like Madden is all but stating Franchise & Superstar will be vastly improved next year.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Based on what I've seen, I think the vast majority of Madden players DO play nothing but online ...
    I'm sure that's true, but I certainly don't and haven't ever since they implemented the stupid speed change where it's ridiculously slow.

If NCAA did the same thing to '11 for Online Dynasty, I'm going to be VERY disappointed...

Who wants to play as the 3rd wheel on offense though? QB fun. RB fun. Anything else not fun imo.