Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Spoken like a true White Sux fan
    I couldn't hear you.

THREE games tonight!

Georgia St. at Alabama - ESPNU
    UCLA at Washington - ESPN
    Air Force at UNLV - CBSC

Lets go DOGS! what an interception

This is just ridiculous. They're going to switch benches after half time.

There goes any reason to watch this game.

Is Adam Rittenberg actually Jared Fogle?

I'm going to HAVE to watch this.....

That is an unbelievable mistake with Wrigley. Who gets the axe for that decision? It's not even safe enough to play on 1/2 of the field? Fired, fired, fired! Those poor fans.

So every turnover and switch goes to the other end of the field? Also, those poor refs.

I'd say someone within the Big Ten is to blame, this was laid out MONTHS ago....

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/news/pre...=tw-chc-misc94

CHICAGO - Cubs President Crane Kenney today released the following statement in response to tomorrow's rule changes for the football game between Northwestern and Illinois at Wrigley Field.

"The Chicago Cubs are surprised by the Big Ten's last-minute statement regarding changes for tomorrow's Northwestern-Illinois football game at Wrigley Field. Let there be no doubt: the safety of the student-athletes has been - and remains - the number one priority since the concept of this game was first discussed more than a year ago, and all parties have gone to complete lengths to ensure student-athlete safety for this contest.

"The essential item in our negotiations to host the football game at Wrigley Field was obtaining approval of both universities and the Big Ten for the field dimensions as related to player safety issues. The field dimension layout was delivered to the Big Ten approximately eight months ago and was approved by the conference. Last month, the field was built exactly to the dimensions previously approved by the Big Ten. Last week, a Big Ten official performed an on-site visit at Wrigley Field, participated in a field walk-thru and raised no issue with the field dimensions, painted lines and boundaries previously approved by the Big Ten.

"This game would not have been scheduled if it did not pass the strict and meticulous standards of everyone involved, a process that began more than a year ago. All are in agreement Wrigley Field is a safe venue to host a football game. Other baseball parks, including tomorrow night's game in Yankee Stadium, feature similar football field-to-venue grid dimensions and rule changes are not considered for football games played in other baseball parks.

"We have reached out to the Big Ten to further discuss the playing field. While we are surprised by this morning's last-minute statement, all agree that tomorrow will be an historic event and a wonderful experience for the fans, the schools and the student-athletes."

With that said...this is going to be Must See TV

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    With that said...this is going to be Must See TV
    I disagree. It's still just a relatively meaningless game between 2 run-of-the-mill programs. Why would the fact that it's being played on half a field give it any extra appeal? I could almost understand, if they were playing on the entire field, being interested to see if that wall factors in. But, as is, it's just a bleh game on half a field. Now, if there is some sort of downpour, that may be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I disagree. It's still just a relatively meaningless game between 2 run-of-the-mill programs. Why would the fact that it's being played on half a field give it any extra appeal? I could almost understand, if they were playing on the entire field, being interested to see if that wall factors in. But, as is, it's just a bleh game on half a field. Now, if there is some sort of downpour, that may be interesting.
    It'll be interesting to watch....like CDJ said earlier....it'll be fun for a while....maybe not for the WHOLE game.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I'll turn it on during some point in the game just to see how it all plays out and see it at Wrigley but I agree... with the change, it's a bit less interesting.

I would not be surprised is the Big Ten flip flops back by the end of the day. While it's probably not likely, I wouldn't be surprised.

NCAA rules state that there must be so many feet behind each end zone, so either the Big Ten or NCAA (depending who approved game at Wrigley) screwed up.

I thought Northwestern was the smart kid school. No one there figured out ahead of time how much room would be left around the playing field? Now, Illinois I understand screwing up.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    NCAA rules state that there must be so many feet behind each end zone, so either the Big Ten or NCAA (depending who approved game at Wrigley) screwed up.

I thought Northwestern was the smart kid school. No one there figured out ahead of time how much room would be left around the playing field? Now, Illinois I understand screwing up.
    (waits for Violator to show up in this thread )

Agreed btw

Lmfao. Only one end zone. F-in hilarious. This is riiiiiiiiiidddddddddddiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccuuuuuuuuu uulllllllllllloooooooooouuuuuuuuusssssssss.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Miami leading VT 7-0 and the Canes are wearing their Pro-Combats (all-orange unis, green helmet).

This Illinois-NW game looks like a scrimmage with the teams on the same sideline, switching end zones, fans mainly on one side, etc. 14-7 ILL, but they are about to tack on 7 more. Long run by the QB.

Ohio State's offense looking horrible ... again.

Pryor has ridiculous arm strength, but he just will not fire deep passes -- he floats them, they get hung up in the wind, and bad things happen. Corey Brown nearly got his head unscrewed (how is that not a facemask?), and Pryor throws an interception because he throws behind, and late, on a post route to a wide, WIDE, W I D E open receiver.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Ole Miss has taken a 24-23 lead at LSU, 3rd quarter.