Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Kinect = Big Brother?

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    These marketing firms are making hundreds of millions of dollars off these companies because they actually believe that a commercial with some fine piece of ass is going to get me to buy a fuckin' Coke or a Pepsi or whatever. I'm not going to buy your product unless I actually like your product. Not because some stupid cunt told me to. I buy Mountain Dew because I like the taste of it and I'm a fat piece of shit that likes to drink something that'll take another 2 or 3 seconds off of my life. Not because some dumb ass "Xtreme" fucknut likes it.
    Ding, ding, ding!!!

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Glad to see I'm not the only one that's sick of all the marketing bullshit.

Not related to advertising but I will say that this is pretty freaking cool:
    http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/14/h...-capture-tool/

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    That is some seriously kick ass stuff. That's my favorite part about these products. People break the hell out of them with open source software/drivers and user them for things they're not supposed to be used for. ALWAYS interesting.

Not hugely surprising. Microsoft bought a company called 3DV Systems, that was making a product that's extremely similar to Kinect. Since Kinect was developed "internally", I have to imagine they're similar technology. 3DV's product had a lot of interfaces and people were using it in a multitude of ways, so I wouldn't be surprised if some of those interfaces still exist.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud