Page 90 of 142 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 2833

Thread: Random Video Game Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    I was looking forward to the new Xcom game but the reviews are not good Anyone played it yet?
    It's not an Xcom game at all. It's a shitty 3rd person shooter that's loosely based in the Xcom world. Don't waste your time.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    It's not an Xcom game at all. It's a shitty 3rd person shooter that's loosely based in the Xcom world. Don't waste your time.
    Yeah, I won't. I don't mind adding a 3rd person element but I don't want it replacing the game I enjoy

I'm lost. What's farming simulator? A new Harvest Moon?

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I'm lost. What's farming simulator? A new Harvest Moon?
    It's a game that's been on PC for quite a while I think. Came to Vita a couple months ago. PS3 next week:

The dude abides.

SWEET! Just got an invite to the Elder Scrolls Online beta.
    The dude abides.

Sexy!!!

The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    Yeah, I won't. I don't mind adding a 3rd person element but I don't want it replacing the game I enjoy

I have the game and I think its okay, not as good as XCOM but it does have the xcom elements. You move our soldiers, you lay down turrets and use powers with your team, but its not nearly as bad as mors is saying it is or even the reviews say it is.

I wouldn't pay full price for it though, catch it on the winter sale I'm sure it will get a nice discount.

Has anyone else had a hard time finding farming simulator? Doesn't seem like any place is selling it JB where did you get you copy at?
    Also here is a live stream video for all of those who may have missed it.
    I'm sure most have seen it already but here it is just in case you forgot it was on the other night.
    Last edited by punter; 09-08-2013 at 09:25 AM.

I'm waiting for it to be released on PS3. I think it comes out this week or in a couple.

Tempted to buy it on Vita too since it has a and it's $10.
    The dude abides.

Tex Murphy is back, bitches!!! Hopefully in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Already own everything except Midnight Club. Never played it, never really interested me much.
    Ok, so I have to take this comment back.

I bought Midnight Club: LA from Xbox Live on Monday the 2nd during their big Rockstar Games sale that they had going on. Midnight Club: Los Angeles - Complete Edition was something like $7 with the sale price, so figured what the hell. Rockstar hasn't let me down in the past with Red Dead Redemption, the Grand Theft Auto series and L.A. Noire, so I took a shot in the dark and bought it. Damn have I been having fun.

Didn't get too deep into it last week, mostly only ran one or two races, spent a lot of time in police pursuits (so many that I racked up enough fines to leave my money sitting at -$4,870), but didn't really get into much of it. Well, since Sunday, I've been sitting down and getting more into it. Already knocked out a good couple dozen missions, well into the hundreds in races, my balance at last look was something like $77,000, and that's after having bought two "better" cars (than my starter car). My rep rank is currently Elite Racer, somewhere in the mid-15,000's, so my newest car is a Dodge Challenger, making races much easier with the increased speed, acceleration and handling over my older cars. Focusing on trying to get up to Legend so I can unlock level 2 of performance upgrades for the Challenger, boost and max that bitch out.

So definitely a hell of a lot of fun. It's a shame it took me this long to get around to playing MC: LA, but I'm definitely enjoying it right now.

It does have one drawback though, in that it's killed any time I could have spent on trying to resurrect my Utah State dynasty in NCAA '14. Between MC: LA and co-oping Dead Rising 2 one or two nights a week with my best friend from college, NCAA '14 has been hard to slip into the rotation of time I actually spend on my 360.

Check this vid, what really got my interest is at 10:51, a new golf game for next gen with a full course designer Finally!!

It's all YOUR fault IOU.

Taken from Neogaf and other sources

NPD Sales Results for September 2013

5 Week Month

Overall:

Retail Software Up 52%.

Hardware Down 13%.

Overall Retail Industry Up 27%.

Notes:
    -GTA V represents over 50% of all dollars spent this month.
    -GTA V was the highest opening for the franchise.
    -NPD did not say it was the highest opening month ever, so it's quite possibly behind the highest CoD games.
    -GTA V was the highest selling game in any September on NPD record.

Hardware:

3DS: Best selling platform.
    PS3: Best selling console. The GTA bundle represented a large portion of its sales.
    Xbox 360: Has sold 1.6 million this year so far. This gives us an estimate of 169K (thanks Aquamarine).
    Wii U: Up 200% from last month. To note, a 200% increase means it's three times as much as last month. For speculation of what that number could be, go here. Any official numbers will be put in this spot as they come.

Other Information:

Originally Posted by Microsoft

This month, Xbox 360 reached 80 million consoles sold to retailers worldwide* and maintained its lead as the number one selling console in the U.S. in 2013.

September 2013 NPD highlights:

September marked the biggest software sales ever for Xbox 360, with sales reaching $401.2 million the most for any console in the U.S. (Source: NPD Group, September 2013)
    Xbox 360 continues to see strong consumer demand with an amazing lineup of titles. In fact, Xbox 360 held five of the top 10 consoles games during the month of September including: “Grand Theft Auto V,” “FIFA 14,” “Madden NFL 14,” “Diablo III” and “NBA 2K14.” (Source: NPD Group, September 2013)
    Xbox 360 remains the number one selling console in the U.S. in 2013, with 1.6 million units sold this year. (Source: NPD Group, September 2013)

Xbox 360 is poised for another successful holiday with recently announced Xbox 360 holiday bundles available worldwide at select major retailers. The three holiday bundles are:

Xbox 360 250GB Holiday Bundle with “Halo 4” and “Tomb Raider” as well as one month free of Xbox Live Gold available for $249.99** USD (ERP).
    Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Holiday Bundle with “Kinect Sports: Season Two” and “Kinect Adventures” as well as one month free of Xbox Live Gold available for $249.99** USD (ERP).
    Xbox 360 250GB Kinect Holiday Bundle with “Kinect Sports: Season Two,” “Kinect Adventures,” and “Forza Horizon” as well as one month free of Xbox Live Gold available for $349.99** USD (ERP).

This holiday only, the Xbox 360 4GB Console is available for an incredible value of $179.99** USD (ERP). Now is the time to get a great deal on Xbox 360.

Looking ahead to Xbox One launch, we continue to see overwhelming demand for the console with pre-orders for Xbox One selling out quicker than any previous Xbox release; Xbox One pre-orders continue to outpace Xbox 360 pre-orders in the same time period. While we remain on track to honor all pre-order commitments, we do expect to sell every Xbox One we deliver to retail this holiday.

With the release of Xbox One, amazing new titles coming to Xbox One and Xbox 360 and best-ever holiday offers available for Xbox 360, it’s going to be a great year for Xbox.

*Internal Microsoft data

**Games inside marked packages, while supplies last. Estimated retail price; actual prices may vary.

See participating retailer for details.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/10/xbox-360-sept-npd

Originally Posted by Nintendo

Nintendo 3DS Repeats at No. 1, Wii U Responds Following Price Cut

Nintendo enters the critical holiday selling season with strong momentum, as Nintendo 3DS finished as the best-selling video game system in the U.S. for the fifth consecutive month and Wii U enjoyed new momentum following a price cut.

On Oct. 15, Nintendo revealed that Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, which launched globally on Oct. 12, combined to sell more than 4 million units worldwide during its first two days on the market. A full breakdown of U.S. sales for the games, as well as the new Nintendo 2DS handheld, which launched on the same day, will be included in next month's NPD report. In addition to the latest Pokémon adventure, Nintendo 3DS fans have two exciting games on the horizon, both launching on Nov. 22: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and Mario Party: Island Tour.

On Sept. 20, Nintendo reduced the price of the Wii U Deluxe Set by $50 to a suggested retail price of $299.99 and introduced a limited-edition bundle that features a download code for a digital copy of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD. Sales of Wii U hardware in September increased by more than 200 percent over sales in August, and that is with only 15 days of data being reported at the new price. Over the next few weeks and months, Wii U fans can look forward to playing Wii Party U (Oct. 25), Wii Fit U (Nintendo eShop, Nov. 1) Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games (Nov. 15) and Super Mario 3D World (Nov. 22).

*Data regarding physical sales of games in September are from the NPD Group. Data regarding digital downloads of games and combined physical/digital life-to-date numbers are from Nintendo's internal sales figures. All numbers, unless otherwise stated, are specific to the United States only.

2K Marin hit with layoffs

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified developer 2K Marin has been hit with layoffs. The game launched in August, with downloadable content having arrived just a few weeks ago.

A 2K representative told Game Informer, "We can confirm staff reductions at 2K Marin. While these were difficult decisions, we regularly evaluate our development efforts and have decided to reallocate creative resources. Our goal to create world-class video game titles remains unchanged."

Man being a video game developer has to suck unless you work for one of these uber successful franchises, a shit ton of late hours and work and you can still get laid off at a exceptionally high rate for things that aren't your fault.

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    Man being a video game developer has to suck unless you work for one of these uber successful franchises, a shit ton of late hours and work and you can still get laid off at a exceptionally high rate for things that aren't your fault.
    Yep not a career I'd want to get into. From what I have read about EA the pay isn't all that great and they put in SERIOUS hours.

Also they have to be pretty thick skinned if they dare venture any forum regarding the games they work on. If I worked on games I would try to avoid any video game forums.

Move over PS4 and Xbox One, OUYA 2.0 in the works.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/25/ouya...-in-the-works/