Page 63 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 2833

Thread: Random Video Game Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Come on did you really read the user manual?

That is worse than asking someone to read all the SECA playstation user agreement every 6 months when they do another update.

I guess though I normally by the game every other year anyway so I was going to get it this year are they shutting these down in one years time also?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    The 2k12 user manual stated that the servers would be shut down in November, 2012 .......
    Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    Come on did you really read the user manual?

That is worse than asking someone to read all the SECA playstation user agreement every 6 months when they do another update.

I guess though I normally by the game every other year anyway so I was going to get it this year are they shutting these down in one years time also?
    This. Unless it's a very complex PC game, I never even bother noticing the words "User Manual" in a game anymore (since physical user manuals are almost all but extinct on the consoles), I just pick up the controller and jump right into the game, learning (or re-learning if controls have been changed) as I go along. I'm gonna guess that most people who bought 2K12 didn't bother to read the user manual (or at least notice where it said that) either.

And like oweb, I wanna know if they did the same thing with 2K13, making the same statement. NCAA is the only sports game I go into each year willing to buy the new edition from the get go. But if 2K is going to make it business as usual with shutting down the servers of NBA 2K in November of the following year, I'm not gonna piss away my money on NBA 2K games anymore when I'm going to be forced to buy the new version every year if I want to play online.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 11-11-2012 at 07:29 PM.

From what I've (quickly) read online, they were going to do the same with NBA 2k11, but they had online play issues in 2k12 so they kept the servers up a little longer for 2k11. But I would imagine 2k13 will similarly go away next November.

This is 2k, after all. We might give EA shit about cutting costs, but 2k and their parent company are trying to murder costs

And I only mentioned the manual because Smooth said "no notice". I wouldn't expect anyone read that.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

From what I've (quickly) read online, they were going to do the same with NBA 2k11, but they had online play issues in 2k12 so they kept the servers up a little longer for 2k11. But I would imagine 2k13 will similarly go away next November.

This is 2k, after all. We might give EA shit about cutting costs, but 2k and their parent company are trying to murder costs

And I only mentioned the manual because Smooth said "no notice". I wouldn't expect anyone read that.
    Good lord 2K.

And yeah, I had no idea about the manual. When I said no notice, I was talking like announcements and the like that we normally see from EA and others. At least warn people that the servers will be going down on this date, let the gaming websites pick up on it, not burying it somewhere inside a virtual user manual on a game disc and washing your hands of it all. I especially feel bad for anyone who bought 2K12 in recent months, getting maybe two or three months with it before part of the game was permanently disabled.

The side problem is that online is becoming such a major component of games, especially sport games, that there are some games now that are effectively coasters when the servers are shut off. Take EA Locker, for example. Good luck finding rosters, anywhere, once the servers are taken offline for NCAA.

The side problem is that online is becoming such a major component of games, especially sport games, that there are some games now that are effectively coasters when the servers are shut off. Take EA Locker, for example. Good luck finding rosters, anywhere, once the servers are taken offline for NCAA.
    Yep. Thankfully with EA, they tend to keep the servers up for a lengthy period of time.

I have no doubt at all this is part of 2K's long term business plan. Shut the servers down for NBA 2K every year on November 1st, doing two things. A: Cutting down secondary used game sales since a lot of people won't be willing to buy a used game that has no online capability anymore. At least with EA and the sort, you have the option of paying $10 so you can go and play online. With 2K, online is permanently dead. And B: Shut down the servers, forcing people who bought 2K12 to either play offline only, or force them to buy 2K13 if they want to keep playing online.

It'd be like EA shutting down the servers for NCAA Football every year on August 1st. People didn't like NCAA 13 so they decided to stick with NCAA 12? Well screw you, buy NCAA 13 or enjoy playing nobody but the CPU. It's basically what this amounts to.

Yep. What sucks is that, as much as I hate it, from a business sense it makes sense. And I don't like it making sense.

For the first time, I took advantage of a $48 pre-order from Newegg that they have become famous for. If the tracking is accurate, my free shipping on Call of Duty: Black Ops II has it arriving tomorrow. That's a hell of a deal to get it only one day later. Not sure if that is always the case, it was because this is such a big money making title for all retailers. Either way, my first $48 pre-order seems to have had good results.

A little self congrats post for myself. Just completed all achievements on Rock Band Blitz. Hitting 6 stars on some of those songs can be a real bitch.

Songs that I never want to hear again.

Shinedown - Diamond Eyes
    Tears for Fears - Shout
    Quiet Riot - Bang Your Head

Oddly enough I did Cult of Personality on my second try which is one of the harder tracks, just got lucky on the solos.

just purchased zombie driver hd in order to take out my anger on zombies, after seeing USC lose to ucla.

Tick tock, Lane.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    Tick tock, Lane.
    the media doesnt know anything so there's no reason to believe anything they say. haden will keep lane for at least another 2 years in order to get through the sanctions, as was part of the strategy to survive- to get the best talent available.

Because Lane is doing a great job making U$C look clean like Haden wants.

Lane was and continues to be a grade A douche.

I want to get Oblivion GOTY on the PC but I can't find it at any stores. What would be the best site to d/l from? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Nothingface View Post
    I want to get Oblivion GOTY on the PC but I can't find it at any stores. What would be the best site to d/l from? Thanks!
    http://steampowered.com
    Right now it goes for $20 but if you'll wait over the next few days, it will probably go on sale as part of the Steam Fall Sale.

I believe the final episode of The Walking Dead is out today on PS3. I'm part way through #3.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    The dude abides.

thats awesome.

awesome pic

Anyone just see that trailer for The Phantom Pain on the VGAs? Wow. Has to be next gen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    The dude abides.