Page 6 of 142 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Video Game Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    And speaking of LBP2:

Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

The Nintendo DSi has gotten me back into rpgs. I really hated about 80% of the shit that came out on the 360 and ps3.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    And speaking of LBP2:
    Bacon-wrapped cupcakes ftw!

Did anyone else ever play the old Police Quest games for PC? If so, and you want to relive them, they're all available from Good Old Games for $10.

"four of the most realistic crime games ever created"

Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I don't think Kevin Butler will ever get old, just sign him to a lifetime contract Sony (the writers too).

Anyone ever play Battlefield: Bad Company 2?

I recently got my hands on the "Ultimate Edition" which includes 1943 and a bunch of DLC for online (which I probably won't get any use out of because online shooters aren't for me). I've never played any of of this series but, through the first couple of missions, it seems pretty good.

Anyone have any experience? Is Battlefield: Vietnam worth a look (14.99 DLC) after I finish 2?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Anyone ever play Battlefield: Bad Company 2?

I recently got my hands on the "Ultimate Edition" which includes 1943 and a bunch of DLC for online (which I probably won't get any use out of because online shooters aren't for me). I've never played any of of this series but, through the first couple of missions, it seems pretty good.

Anyone have any experience? Is Battlefield: Vietnam worth a look (14.99 DLC) after I finish 2?
    I'm in the same boat as you, a few months back I got a very nice deal on it, but like Black Ops, it's still in the wrapper

I played it a ton. It's a BILLION times better than any Call of Duty game, both online and campaign wise. I thought the campaign was extremely fresh and just fun. Online is one of the best you'll find in a shooter. Smooth gameplay and all the weapons are balanced. Vietnam is only worth it if you play the game online a lot. It basically adds a bunch of Vietnam themed weapons and enemies on 5 new maps, so naturally it's a multiplayer only expansion, but it's definitely worth it if you play online a lot.

I wish the Vietnam was offline stuff.

Thanks, IOU. Good to know Vietnam is online only, I'll pass.

It's shit. The campaign is pathetic. The gun itself isn't very good, either. It doesn't use Move but it's own USB sensor thing, which needs like 8 feet to work, so if you have a small room you play in, good luck. I returned mine after 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    It's shit. The campaign is pathetic. The gun itself isn't very good, either. It doesn't use Move but it's own USB sensor thing, which needs like 8 feet to work, so if you have a small room you play in, good luck. I returned mine after 2 days.
    Okay thanks for the info LOL never mind, carry on

Anyone played the Crysis 2 multiplayer demo for 360? I just saw where they'll also have one for PC players so curious to hear what you thought. Also, did you play the original at all? If so, how does it compare?

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Anyone played the Crysis 2 multiplayer demo for 360? I just saw where they'll also have one for PC players so curious to hear what you thought. Also, did you play the original at all? If so, how does it compare?
    Planning on it tonight....didn't play the first but I've heard raves about the engine. It downloaded on the 360 while I played my OD game last night, so it's good to go.

It's fun but my God is it laggy.

Never played the original, but it feels a lot like Call of Duty with robo-suits. I think I would like it a lot if it weren't for the terrible lag. The hit detection is also horrendous, but I'm pretty sure that's because of the lag. The ranking system looks good, the graphics are nothing short of amazing, so if they fix the lag, it looks to be a winner in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    It's fun but my God is it laggy.

Never played the original, but it feels a lot like Call of Duty with robo-suits. I think I would like it a lot if it weren't for the terrible lag. The hit detection is also horrendous, but I'm pretty sure that's because of the lag. The ranking system looks good, the graphics are nothing short of amazing, so if they fix the lag, it looks to be a winner in my book.
    Well I will buy it if they fix the lag, just let me know LOL