Page 38 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Video Game Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Uhm, ouch.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Believe me, I'm not a fan of this bill. But how does an extra label or sticker infringe on any right of the American people? Is it stupid? Sure. Does it actually have a tangible impact on our rights? Not that I'm aware of.

By itself, nope. When you start adding everything up and we become one gigantic Nanny State... Yeah. See the poor little girl forced to eat chicken nuggets because some dipshit bureaucrat got a burr up their butt about a homemade turkey and cheese sandwich, banana, chips, and an apple juice. You give Government an inch and they will take the yard.

Which is why it boggles my mind every time Mors mentions moving to England, the King, Queen of the Nanny State.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Which is why it boggles my mind every time Mors mentions moving to England, the King, Queen of the Nanny State.
    Also home to tons of Big Brothery-cameras.

By itself, nope. When you start adding everything up and we become one gigantic Nanny State... Yeah.
    Still though ... stupid? Yes. Right infringing ... probably not. In some cases, over-protectiveness can infringe upon rights. Usually it won't though.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    They're not so obtuse about it. That and their political parties aren't Fucked and Equally Fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    They're not so obtuse about it. That and their political parties aren't Fucked and Equally Fucked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...United_Kingdom

The top 3 parties in the UK House of Commons should look awfully familiar to you.

Oh and of course...

http://nannyknowsbest.blogspot.com/

Forget England, Canada will only piss you off in the long run, I would suggest moving to a deserted island with a volleyball and make it the president of the island.

You're crazy if you don't think America's politics aren't the worst thing you've ever seen. We literally have a political party that votes against EVERYTHING that the other political party proposes, even if they originally agreed with the thing they're voting against.

If that's not just total bullshit that makes you want to leave the country, I don't know what is.

This pretty much sums it up PERFECTLY.

It's one thing to get angry at a game. It's another to get so angry that you take that anger and do something stupid with it (aka, kill someone, hurt someone, etc).
    Yeah but anger is agression and I think they said the study shows it leads to agression which is technically true. Anything can cause agression tho...stress, beer, and lack of sex.

Just move to Cuba or North Korea Mors...I hear they are pretty nice places.

You're crazy if you don't think America's politics aren't the worst thing you've ever seen.
    Rwanda
    China
    Yemen
    Sudan
    North Korea
    Iran
    Burma
    Somaila
    Sudan
    Laos
    D.R. Congo
    Chad

I could go on and on but I bet you after a week of seeing the politics of these countries, you might have to retract that.

Rwanda
    China
    Yemen
    Sudan
    North Korea
    Iran
    Burma
    Somaila
    Sudan
    Laos
    D.R. Congo
    Chad

I could go on and on but I bet you after a week of seeing the politics of these countries, you might have to retract that.
    I meant countries where there is actually freedom. Of course all of those places are worse, their 2nd and 3rd world countries being run by dictators.

I meant countries where there is actually freedom. Of course all of those places are worse, their 2nd and 3rd world countries being run by dictators.
    Okay first world countries.

Greece
    Spain

I am sure more would come to mind but that should suffice for now.

"Democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time."

I will agree that our political parties are totally fucked, but there's a difference between preferring the multi-party system that England and others have, and assuming that going elsewhere will allow you to escape really stupid proposals.

I am guessing someone is subtly trying to shift the conversation in this thread back to video games.

http://majornelson.com/2012/03/22/an...g-arcade-next/

Announcing ‘Arcade Next’

TRIALS EVOLUTION, April 18 for 1200 Microsoft Points
    “Trials Evolution” is on every front, the next dimension of the smash-hit, award-winning “Trials HD.” Bust out of the warehouse into an outdoor world of night and day, curved driving lines, and spectacular scenery. Multiplayer comes alive in your living room or on Xbox LIVE. Build your own tracks with the in-game editor or download those of any other player from the new Track Central. Customize your bike and rider with awesome gear and unique parts, enjoy innovative skill games, try ghost racing, beat your friends’ scores and more! Don’t miss the madness!

BLOODFORGE, April 25 for 1200 Microsoft Points
    With a brutal combat system, stunning art style, and a deeply compelling story, “Bloodforge” empowers you to slaughter hordes of demonic soldiers, deformed worshippers, and the gods themselves, using ferocious Rage Kills, devastating Rune attacks, and furious Weapon Combos. Help seal Crom’s fate – and the fate of the rest of the world – in this dark, visceral story of revenge, betrayal, and destiny.

FABLE HEROES, May 2 for 800 Microsoft Points
    “Fable Heroes” is an action-packed, hack-and-slash adventure built for Xbox LIVE Arcade. It delivers a fresh spin on the “Fable” franchise with a unique art style and gameplay that takes playful competition to the next level. Whether on the couch or using Xbox LIVE, up to four players work together to defeat enemies while also competing with one another to collect gold coins and level up. Precious gold collected in Fable Heroes can be imported into the forthcoming Kinect title, Fable: The Journey, providing players with a valuable head start from day one.

MINECRAFT: XBOX 360 EDITION, May 9 for 1600 Microsoft Points
    The infinite possibilities in “Minecraft” just got bigger. “Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition” brings the global phenomenon to console gamers for the first time. The Xbox LIVE Arcade version of the game features an innovative new crafting interface, natural controller movements, a full Tutorial mode to teach the basics and for the first time in “Minecraft,” split-screen multiplayer as well as over Xbox LIVE.

Buying all 4 the day they're released. I am so psyched for Trials Evolution and Blood Forge it's not even funny. I fell in love with Blood Forge the second I saw it. I've never tried Minecraft, so I'll give it a try(although I cringe at that 1600MSP price point), and I'll buy pretty much anything Fable related.

This promotion is way better than the last one. Alan Wake was the only decent one out of the 4.