Page 33 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Video Game Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Grand Theft Auto 3 and GTA: Vice City rated by ESRB for PS3

I'd love to play HD remakes of these games!

According to the I Am Alive Facebook page, a release date of March 7th has been announced.

a commercial for star wars: the old republic just ran while i'm watching alcatraz.

that game was released over a month ago; why are there still promos for it saying when it'll be in stores?

Cause they suck, I played the Beta and was not impressed at ALLL... Star Wars Galaxies is a much better concept, they need to start over with that type of game a real MMORPG not this BS.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    that game was released over a month ago; why are there still promos for it saying when it'll be in stores?
    Easier to re-use old commercials, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DariusLock View Post
    Star Wars Galaxies is a much better concept
    When originally conceived, yes. As executed, hardly.

TOR gives the majority of the casual Star Wars fans what they want: I can haz a Jedi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    TOR gives the majority of the casual Star Wars fans what they want: I can haz a Jedi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That was the problem that Galaxies ran into. EVERYONE wanted to be a Jedi, which is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    That was the problem that Galaxies ran into. EVERYONE wanted to be a Jedi, which is just stupid.
    That's where they need people like me. I love playing the bad guys on games. Probably why I liked playing the Endor DLC on SW: The Force Unleashed II, because I could sit there going apeshit on the rebels, got to kill Han and Chewbacca and eventually Leia. It was nice being the evil guy for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    That's where they need people like me. I love playing the bad guys on games. Probably why I liked playing the Endor DLC on SW: The Force Unleashed II, because I could sit there going apeshit on the rebels, got to kill Han and Chewbacca and eventually Leia. It was nice being the evil guy for a change.
    back on the KOTOR series, i loved playing as a dark jedi. it was awesome walking into a room full of like 20 people, using "force lightning" and killing everyone in a second. lol

No, it's not stupid. That's what the majority of Star Wars fans would choose to be, given the choice. What's stupid is a) that Galaxies didn't know that ahead of time; and b) after making it a massive effort (though rewarding) to become a Jedi for months (or maybe even a year), then they made it easy, pissing off every subscriber that had gone through all the work previously.

I wish I could think of an NCAA equivalent to discuss it here, but there's simply no equivalent, without bordering on the ridiculous.

And while Smooth and MVP are right that you need some Dark Jedi to offset the Jedi, that wasn't the problem. The problem was that Galaxies was supposed to be in the "original" Star Wars universe, where Jedi were rare. That was the aim going in -- having a Jedi character was a major accomplishment. It became easy though, and then the NGE (New Game Experience) was an absolute disaster.

Galaxies is a perfect example of a franchise that did way too much to try and get the "casual" fan while turning off their current fans left and right.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 01-25-2012 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    No, it's not stupid. That's what the majority of Star Wars fans would choose to be, given the choice. What's stupid is a) that Galaxies didn't know that ahead of time; and b) after making it a massive effort (though rewarding) to become a Jedi for months (or maybe even a year), then they made it easy, pissing off every subscriber that had gone through all the work previously.
    Exactly. Thus the end of Galaxies being a decent game.

Yeah I was talking bout the concept u could build, cook, and dance for money...hooker style.

It was only a matter of time. I found the first two HORRIBLE personally.

Fall of Man was amazing. Resistance 2 was utter garbage. Resistance 3 was a slight notch above R2 coming in at regular garbage. As mors said, it was only a matter of time. I suspect you'll be hearing the exact same thing about SOCOM over the upcoming months. S4 bombed so hard in sales I'd be shocked if they actually even thought about making another one. All for the best if they intend of making games like S4, anyway.

Yeah I never even bothered with S4, seemed like MAG 2.0 to me.

It was...weird. It had a little Uncharted in it. It had a little MAG. It had a little Call of Duty. It was basically an attempt at meshing all of today's popular shooters into one package and it backfired big time. It pains me to say this(S2 was one of my favorite games of all time), but S4 had ZERO SOCOM in it. I stopped playing after a week or so, and as it is now, the community is virtually completely dead. I still have my fingers crossed for SOCOM HD, but I'm not holding my breath.

Not sure if any one has read yet but Rocksteady is on the move again and in the works of making a brand new TMNT following the hit batman series, going with the same engine etc and just as dark if not more as Batman AC..

http://www.gamezone.com/news/rumor-c...new-tmnt-title

Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
    Not sure if any one has read yet but Rocksteady is on the move again and in the works of making a brand new TMNT following the hit batman series, going with the same engine etc and just as dark if not more as Batman AC..

http://www.gamezone.com/news/rumor-c...new-tmnt-title
    Someone asked Ed Boon if he believed the rumor and he said he doubts it. I hope he's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Someone asked Ed Boon if he believed the rumor and he said he doubts it. I hope he's wrong.
    Yes me too . Who is Ed Boon ? I would kill for a good killer TMNT like the Batman series it would be epic.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
    Who is Ed Boon ?
    The guy whose head would pop up and say "Toasty!" in Mortal Kombat. He was also a hidden character in the original NBA Jam: Tournament Edition.

In case it's not obvious why, he was one of the (if not THE) primary lead programmer at Midway in its heyday, and is a co-creator of Mortal Kombat.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Franchise isn't done. Insomniac's done with it, but the trademark is Sony's and they're free to move it to another studio if they choose.

Exactly. Thus the end of Galaxies being a decent game.
    Galaxies was basically screwed from the start. If they'd made Jedi easy from the beginning, they would have had an overpopulation of Jedi but at least had a solid customer base to begin with. But by introducing the game with limited Jedi and then attempting to appease the casual fan later on, they were screwed. Their entire premise was dead on arrival.

That said, I was still a mega fan of it when it first hit store shelves and I could interact inside the Star Wars universe. TOR doesn't hold quite that appeal because of the setting, but at least the population of Jedi and Sith make sense in the context, rather than the overpopulation problem I mentioned above.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 01-26-2012 at 10:23 PM.