Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Basketball 2010-2011 Season Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I think this year is somewhat of a turn around. We've hung with Missouri and Kansas on the road, and beat A&M at home. I'm pretty happy with the team so far. I like Doc Sadler, but he does need to produce this year or next.
    IMHO, too many times schools/fans want instant results from a new coach. IF Coach K were starting at Duke now, I'm not sure he survives after his 1st 3 seasons at Duke in today's environment.

Right now, Nebraska is playing some of the best defense in college basketball. In fact, as of today they are playing BETTER defense than Duke which prides itself on defense.

Nebraska isn't putting up the points b/c quite frankly they don't have "the studs". However, it looks to me that the Cornhuskers team is playing HARD for their Coach and it only takes a year or two of some decent success before some more gifted players give Nebraska a shot (especially with the move to a "better" bball confernce in the Big 10) and then the next thing you know you have 4 banners hanging up in the rafters and they start comparing Sadler to K.

Nebraska has six votes in the coaches poll too

Nebraska has six votes in the coaches poll too
    LOL I've seen the Huskers play 2 games I think this year and they are VERY respectable. LMAO and they certainly haven't layed an egg as badly as my team did yesterday in MSG.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    LOL I've seen the Huskers play 2 games I think this year and they are VERY respectable. LMAO and they certainly haven't layed an egg as badly as my team did yesterday in MSG.
    FYI, I heard on local talk radio as I was driving through the ice and snow home, yes....we did storm the court

LMAO I have OFFICIALLY seen it all now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Disgusted-Caroli...b#ht_1346wt_52

LMAO I have OFFICIALLY seen it all now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Disgusted-Caroli...b#ht_1346wt_52
    Someone actually paid for this.

Someone actually paid for this.
    LOL and the current high bidder is allegedly a UCLA fan? So from one sissy blue to another. double

LOL and the current high bidder is allegedly a UCLA fan? So from one sissy blue to another. double
    I just heard on the radio some dude is doing the opposite, he's trying to be a bandwagon fan and every team he's attached himself to has lost (Boise State, Oregon, Falcons)....so he's on eBay asking for bids. But for a good cause, his wife has cancer so it's going towards cancer research.

I just heard on the radio some dude is doing the opposite, he's trying to be a bandwagon fan and every team he's attached himself to has lost (Boise State, Oregon, Falcons)....so he's on eBay asking for bids. But for a good cause, his wife has cancer so it's going towards cancer research.
    So if you are a Steelers fan and you win the bid you can have him root for the Packers?

So if you are a Steelers fan and you win the bid you can have him root for the Packers?
    Yep.

You guys are talking college hoops in Nebraska. I like it!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6129583

DAMN you Nebraska fans! Your team is legit (14th best defense in the country and 47th best team in the country)! Quit acting like a bunch of morons win they win games.

EDIT:

#2 67

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Yeah. Stupid WVU fans did the same thing today when we bitchslapped #8 Notre Dame. Really wish they would act like it was no big deal (cause it wasn't; we're a good team when we play with passion but lack consistency this year).

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Yeah. Stupid WVU fans did the same thing today when we bitchslapped #8 Notre Dame. Really wish they would act like it was no big deal (cause it wasn't; we're a good team when we play with passion but lack consistency this year).
    lol a team that made the Friggin' Final 4 last season storms the court when they defeat a team that has only been to a SINGLE Final 4 (1978). LMAO none of those kids (and I wasn't even) were alive the last time The Irish made the Final 4. It used to be only really HUGE upsets ended in field/court storming. Now it's almost every home win.

Hell Wisconsin did it when they beat Ohio St. and they were favored to win the game so it wasn't even an upset despite Ohio St.'s #1 ranking.

It's getting ridiculous and I wish the NCAA would put a million dollar fine per incident to get this garbage out of college sports.

DAMN you Nebraska fans! Your team is legit (14th best defense in the country and 47th best team in the country)! Quit acting like a bunch of morons win they win games.

EDIT:

#2 67

They are in a good spot to possibly win out after today's game. KSU, at ISU, Mizzou, at Colorado. Until last Wednesday's game, they hadn't won a conference road game in almost two years. ISU & CU aren't very good, but both are tough places to play for NU. 3-1 and a B12 tourney win or two should at least keep them in the discussion. The loss at Texas Tech is killer and they can't afford to lose at ISU.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    They are in a good spot to possibly win out after today's game. KSU, at ISU, Mizzou, at Colorado. Until last Wednesday's game, they hadn't won a conference road game in almost two years. ISU & CU aren't very good, but both are tough places to play for NU. 3-1 and a B12 tourney win or two should at least keep them in the discussion. The loss at Texas Tech is killer and they can't afford to lose at ISU.
    IF they win out they are in the Dance. 3 out of 4 will depend on how they do in the Big XII tourny. 2 or < and they will have to win the Big XII tourny.

OMG Purdue won a home game and didn't storm the court. They CLEARLY have no fan support.

EDIT:

#2 67

Now THIS I can understand storming the court for.....but not A&M

Now THIS I can understand storming the court for.....but not A&M
    Man I am telling you the Cornhuskers are no joke this year. Its a "weak" year IMHO as far as bubble resumes are concerned. They go 3-1 or 4-0 down the stretch and/or make noise in the Big XII tourny and they could get a 9-11 seed.

Man I am telling you the Cornhuskers are no joke this year. Its a "weak" year IMHO as far as bubble resumes are concerned. They go 3-1 or 4-0 down the stretch and/or make noise in the Big XII tourny and they could get a 9-11 seed.
    Win out, and one Big XII tourney win, I think they're in. I was a sophomore in high school the last time they were in the tourney