Thread: Wheel of Fortune Wiz

• Facebook
  • Display

Wheel of Fortune Wiz

I love Sajak's reaction when she asks to solve the puzzle... he just doesn't even know what to say.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...-revealed.html

That's sick. I've done it before but not on a huge puzzle like that LOL Here's my favorite Wheel of Fortune moment (pay attention to Pat's reaction)

http://www.bestweekever.tv/2008-06-0...salad-tossing/

I hate to be "that guy", but I wonder what the possibility of this being staged might be? I say that because, before today, when is the last time anyone talked about Wheel of Fortune?

I can totally see that. However I think Pat's reaction when she asks to solve the puzzle is the key. He's dumbfounded and doesn't have a response. Unless he wasn't in on it to make it more real.

I could see that being staged as well, I mean what better way to drive traffic then to have something like this getting gobbled up by the media like it has. It's everywhere right now......

The part that seems fishy to me is her asking if she can solve it (as if she doesn't know she can) and then she mutters that it's a prize puzzle or whatever as if to convince everyone that solving it is the right strategical move.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    The part that seems fishy to me is her asking if she can solve it (as if she doesn't know she can) and then she mutters that it's a prize puzzle or whatever as if to convince everyone that solving it is the right strategical move.
    Eh ... I've watched a lot of Wheel of Fortune over the years (I'm a Sony Card member, so I have a "chance" at 50k every episode), and people will do very strange things for the prize puzzles. I read it as less strategy and more "it can't hurt, can it?"

I've also seen a lot of people who obviously knew what the puzzle was hit bankrupt before they solved it, so it's definitely Risk/Reward.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Yeah....this isn't the first assumption of cheating. For years, starting back in the late 80's lots of people were making the assumption that Sajak had a brake by his foot for the wheel.

That rumor definitely hasn't ever gone away. Though I've seen enough times where they've done $5,000 per letter on the Final Spin (and then they add 1k on top of that) that I find it hard to believe. I mean, who would willingly cost their company $6,000 per letter?
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud