Page 7 of 106 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Random College Football Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    darrenrovell darren rovell

If the Dolphins pay Harbaugh $7 million, only 1 player will make more than him next year, Jake Long, who went to MICHIGAN.

Did you also know that Ross is a huge MICHIGAN benefactor?

Quote Originally Posted by HWill View Post
    Andrew Luck is staying at Stanford: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/s...r_espn_5995754
    Whoever said don't be surprised if Luck and Harbaugh stay, could be right.

I don't think anybody who's really thought it through is surprised that Luck's going to say. He's said that he's enjoying school, his family is not by any means hurting for money, and the guy clearly cares about his degree.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I don't think anybody who's really thought it through is surprised that Luck's going to say. He's said that he's enjoying school, his family is not by any means hurting for money, and the guy clearly cares about his degree.
    I'm glad to hear he's staying but when you are probably going to go #1 overall it's definitely tough to stay and he's a sharp kid he would be able to finish his degree.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Yep...he said he'll graduate in the spring of 12 with an architectual degree...can't fault him for any of that. I just don't think I would be able to do that if I had the #1 pick staring me in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Yep...he said he'll graduate in the spring of 12 with an architectual degree...can't fault him for any of that. I just don't think I would be able to do that if I had the #1 pick staring me in the face.
    and like a $50 million guaranteed.....good for him though.

If this doesn't get you pumped to play....go play badminton.

I heard about it, but didn't see that until now. Great speech and cool helmet.

Treadwell would do well to retain him, I think.

Michigan seems to be moving way too slow in their search for a new coach. You would think they would have contacted a bunch of schools and candidates but it doesn't seem like they are doing anything. Almost like they are waiting for people to come to them. If they don't hire a new coach within the next week they will be in serious trouble with this recruiting class. It's not a great class and a bunch of kids re-opened their recruiting process or have said they are leaving. We need a guy in place to bring these kids back and/or get ones that will fit a new system.

Well, Les Miles was playing a bowl game last night, and I'm pretty confident they didn't want a repeat of the mess from a few years ago. Hoke's agent did a "neither confirm nor deny" on any contact, so I'd think it's safe to say Hoke's been contacted ...

Rudy, this class was toast over 30 days ago. This coaching search is hardly a cause for what the class was or will be. Worrying about recruiting is the last thing to do with a coaching search, as no player or two or three is more important than setting up the program for long-term success.

Brandon is handling this search just fine; the media and fans are the ones hopping around a sombrero with their panties wedged up too high.

The problem is not Brandon or the search, but all the political stuff deeply seeded.

I'm still anxious!

Quote Originally Posted by hwill View Post
    good news if you're a houston cougar fan: http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/m-fo...011411aac.html
    Kee-num! Kee-num! Kee-num!

What a disappointing, horrific season for Georgia. That's one of the hardest I've ever had to watch as a fan. Aaron Murray seems like he's going to be another top-flight quarterback at Georgia, but until we stop underachieving, who cares. We desperately need a back and Isiah Crowell would be a huge recruit - and honestly probably start from day one. The offensive line that was so heralded sucked - Aaron spent most of every game running for his life. The running backs couldn't run from anything - police included. Really sad to see AJ go as he was clearly one of the best receivers to ever step onto the field in Athens. We've lost our entire linebacking group as well. I'm not sure next year will be any better. We have an improved Aaron Murray, nobody to block for him, a defense that loses almost every good player, and our top playmaker on offense is gone.

I'm having a hard time seeing a different result next season. I hope I'm wrong. Else I feel this is the last hoorah for the coaching staff in Athens. Nothing less than an SEC East Championship will do. Fans are restless, boosters are restless, and the fact that half our team is getting arrested each year makes me wonder the character of athletes we are recruiting.

Aaron Murray does look like a stud following on the path of Stafford.

CBSSports CBS Sports

Denard Robinson considered transferring from Michigan - http://bit.ly/DeNard