• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    ...and you're disallowed from using him online in NCAA 13

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    Not a bad idea
    I just PM'd BigWy to remove him from his rosters

Just FYI - the NCAA is not a court of law and MORE IMPORTANTLY doesn't have to follow the rules of evidence (at least as a matter of law - PR might be another issue) when determining whether a program can be punished.

NCAA v. Tarkanian, 488 U.S. 179 (1988)

baseballplyrmvp is making basically the same argument Tark made back in the day. Unless the Supreme Court changes its mind, its a loser of an argument.

Moreover, I disagree with the characterization of the evidence against as "shoddy". The evidence against the Trojans was more or less the same evidence the NCAA has against its other member institutions when it lays the hammer down.

Apparently one of the victims from today's shooting was a football commit. I didn't get his name.

Since we're so quick nowadays to jump on the "they should get the death penalty!!!!" bandwagon, I thought this little tidbit from Rock M Nation today might raise some eyebrows:
    But the NCAA was beginning to sniff around. Three games into the 1984 season, with Florida 1-1-1, the NCAA announced that they had found evidence of 107 major infractions at Florida. One hundred and seven! (They later cut that total down to a more tidy 59.) Florida was banned from the postseason and live television for two years, and they were forced to cut 20 scholarships over a three-year period. Pell was dumped and replaced by former Penn State quarterback Galen Hall, who had replaced Shanahan as offensive coordinator. (Hall was new to the staff and therefore untainted by the infractions.)
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Just FYI - the NCAA is not a court of law and MORE IMPORTANTLY doesn't have to follow the rules of evidence (at least as a matter of law - PR might be another issue) when determining whether a program can be punished.

NCAA v. Tarkanian, 488 U.S. 179 (1988)

baseballplyrmvp is making basically the same argument Tark made back in the day. Unless the Supreme Court changes its mind, its a loser of an argument.

Moreover, I disagree with the characterization of the evidence against as "shoddy". The evidence against the Trojans was more or less the same evidence the NCAA has against its other member institutions when it lays the hammer down.
    i know the ncaa is not a court of law, however, USC would have won had it taken the ncaa to court. USC was denied due process when the ncaa initially interviewed lloyd lake. lake denied USC a presence in the room when the interview was made, and so USC was unable to cross-examine lake. in the state of california, you have a right to hear all charges/claims being made against you. not only that but lake's whole testimony against USC and todd mcnair is full of holes. multiple people contradict certain aspects of his story, and its just mind-boggling that a convicted felon can be deemed a credible witness when there's so many people saying that "he's lying about this event or this action."

if you think that a testimony that is full of holes and is contradicted multiple times isnt deemed shoddy, well, i dont know what to tell you then.

If they were going to a court of law, USC wouldn't have been denied due process.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    If they were going to a court of law, USC wouldn't have been denied due process.
    right, which means lake's entire testimony to the ncaa would have to have been dismissed as the accused (USC) wasnt allowed a chance to cross-examine lake. and since the bulk of the ncaa's case against USC's football program was based on lake's testimony, there goes the ncaa's case.

U$C cheated and broke rules. Lake was just part of it. Hi OJ Mayo. Get over it.

Or ... USC would have been allowed to cross-examine Lake, because no one going to court would have made that decision to sink their case. What I mean is that they did what they did because it was allowed within the rules of their system. A court case wouldn't have allowed those actions to begin with.

Or ... USC would have been allowed to cross-examine Lake, because no one going to court would have made that decision to sink their case. What I mean is that they did what they did because it was allowed within the rules of their system. A court case wouldn't have allowed those actions to begin with.
    even if USC were allowed to cross-examine lake, they would have poked so many holes in his testimony, there was no possible way the ncaa could have claimed that lake's testimony was credible. the only way the ncaa would have been able to punish USC using lake's testimony was to grant lake's request of not allowing USC to be present during the interview. this allowed the ncaa to basically lead lake down a blind path, letting him make up shit as he went along, uncontested.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie

I'll say again, I'm excited to actually have a chance to watch your team play some ball Tommy. Gus Malzahn is definitely going to push your school forward and it's going to be exciting to see that school build up over the years.

Wow.
    Sarah Wick probably doesn’t look like a transformational figure for Ohio State football. She’s a congenial 49-year-old mother of two teenage boys. But “Miss Sarah,” as the Buckeyes players call her, is leading a quiet revolution in the program.

“I was just surprised that a nutritionist didn’t work with football,” said Mickey Marotti, assistant athletic director for sports performance. “I was like, ‘Well, we’re gonna have one.’ ”

Since Wick was hired, the results from players’ improved diets are dramatic. Wick said the Buckeyes have lost a combined 457 pounds of fat and gained 520 pounds of muscle mass since she started her program.
    Can I join?

Wow.
    Can I join?
    I have to second that comment.

Dyer dismissed from ASU Football team

Rumors saying that he has some sort of weapon's charge, though no details yet.

Well, that didn't take long.

Well, that didn't take long.
    Nope... many expected it as soon as it was announced that he wouldn't receive a waiver. A year off for a trouble kid can often lead to distractions.

He'll likely transfer to UCA or another FCS school in the area only to not receive properly training, etc. and end up drafted in the 7th round of next year's draft.

anyone happen to see this pic recently of alabama dt jesse williams?

600 pounds!!

Reports saying that the reason Dyer was kicked off was because in March, he was pulled over for speeding. During the traffic stop, the cop found a small amount of marijuana and a gun. The officer gave Dyer a verbal warning on the pot & gun and essentially said "you've got a bright future on your hands, don't screw it up". Apparently this all came to light late this last week as a whistleblower called attention to it and superiors watched the stop on tape. The local paper apparently has a copy of the tape as well, though you'll have to have a subscription or pay $1 to get all of the details.

More details...
    http://arkansasmatters.com/fulltext?nxd_id=565562

Update (7:15 a.m. Monday)
    The Arkansas Times has an update on the Michael Dyer situation and ASU sourcing an article in this morning's Jonesboro Sun:
    The Sun says the dismissal appears to be related to a traffic stop in March in White County. Dyer was cited for speeding 96 in a 70 mph zone and fined $17 and give five days of community service. But a Sun review of records on the stop indicates that the state trooper who made the stop found another person in the car with a handgun and a substance believed to be marijuana. No charges were filed over these items, apparently.The Sun obtained the video of the stop, which includes a conversation between Little Rock Christian graduate Dyer and Trooper Royce Denney, who either knew or came to know Dyer was a football player. The videotape shows Denney asking Dyer if the gun is registered."Carrying a pistol around? Uncool ... You've got a career ahead of you but you're being a total dumbass right now," the newspaper quotes from the video.Denney says he could report the incident to Coach Gus Malzahn, but adds: "What's the best way to make you think? You're a grown man and I'm not trying to treat you like a kid." He also reportedly tells Dyer he doesn't want to tell Malzahn about the incident "because of the NCAA crap."According to the newspaper account of the video, Dyer responds: "I'm done with this. This is my second chance over here." He urged Denney to take the gun. Eventually, Denney turns the camera off.The newspaper reports that Denney is under investigation for his actions in the traffic stop.
    Last edited by gschwendt; 07-30-2012 at 11:04 AM.

Geez the cops are even on the Arkansas State payroll

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    The dude abides.