Page 47 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: Random College Football Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Getting busted for prostitution when a professor at a major university.

Getting busted for prostitution as a man dressed up as women when a professor at a major university.

Perhaps a change from UGA to UGAy or UGAg?

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    jeff, do you remember former 4* OL Aundrey Walker from glenville, ohio? iirc, he was a long time verbal commit to osu, but chose on signing day.... was a monster, listed at 375 pounds. anyways, he went on a massive diet over the past year, and is now under 300 pounds. lol /random fact
    He was definitely a target of ours, but, IIRC, he never verballed to Ohio State. Good to hear that he's getting down to business.

Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Idiots man. Just stupid juvenile idiots.

my friends email's just talked about this..pretty sad for a major college football program. At least Mora is taking care of a few things early on

I was reading that UCLA Football never had a Strength and Conditioning Coach. For years they said they've had one but it was the S&C Coach for all programs. Mora fought for Football to have it's own S&C coach. No wonder we had so many injuries. We're getting training form some women's softball or swimming conditioning coach.

I HATE THAT CRAP FROM UCLA ! Everybody's equal. Bull

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    my friends email's just talked about this..pretty sad for a major college football program. At least Mora is taking care of a few things early on
    since when is ucla a major college football program?

at 4 is terrible. barring a bad injury to barkley, woods or lee, they're a lock for the national championship game.
    I'd actually have to agree. I'd probably put them at 2 right behind Oklahoma. The teams are actually pretty similar. Veteran QBs who should be the front runners for the Heisman. Talent at the skill positions and looks of experience on defense. I'm giving Oklahoma the nod because of coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    I'd actually have to agree. I'd probably put them at 2 right behind Oklahoma. The teams are actually pretty similar. Veteran QBs who should be the front runners for the Heisman. Talent at the skill positions and looks of experience on defense. I'm giving Oklahoma the nod because of coaching.

Stoops over Kiffin..... ummm.... Yeah

since when is ucla a major college football program?
    theyve been lacking certain disciplines, but they still get better recruits than 60-70 % of all the major colleges. Some might say they fail because
    theyve actually had a clean program...or a lazy one...

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Stoops over Kiffin..... ummm.... Yeah
    stoops' staff over kiffin's staff? NOOOOO

So what's more preferable: Top 4 or top 4 conference champs if they're in the top 6? Also, who or what picks the top 4/6?

imo, if a team cant even win their conference, they should never be allowed to play for the national championship.

imo, if a team cant even win their conference, they should never be allowed to play for the national championship.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    It should be several stipulations:

1. Win Conference (either via conference championship game or just straight up winning it via head-to-head games)
    2. Preferably be the top 4 schools in the BCS Poll unless rule #1 disqualifies them
    3. Be in the top 12
    4. If no above rules apply, take the first school that fits rule #3 going from #1 down the polls

Now, there's no worry of a school like Western Kentucky (just an example of a low tier school with possibly an easy schedule) skating by with a stupid easy schedule, going undefeated, and possibly making it in (since it's highly unlikely they'd be in the top 12) and gives the power conferences a possible chance at having two of their schools in the National Championship Playoff at the end of the year.

As a for example, here is the breakdown of the above for the past several years (with logical seedings of #1 playing #4 and #2 playing #3):

2011: #1 LSU vs #7 Boise State and #3 Oklahoma State vs #4 Stanford (with the MNC Alabama left out because of rule #1)

2010: #1 Auburn vs #4 Wisconsin and #2 Oregon vs #3 TCU (Perfect setup with the best one loss team in the nation as the extra with 3 undefeated teams)

2009: #1 Alabama vs #4 Cincinnati and #2 Texas vs #3 TCU (Perfect once again. This time with 4 undefeated teams squaring off for the Championship - unfortunately, Boise State would have been on the outside looking in that year at #6 behind one loss Florida who just got trounced in the SEC Championship Game by Alabama)

2008: #1 Oklahoma vs #6 Utah and #2 Florida vs #5 USC (first time that #3 and #4 have been skipped over because of rule #1 but definitely meaningful as Oklahoma beat Texas already and Florida already beat Alabama)

2007:
    #1 Ohio State vs #4 Oklahoma and #2 LSU vs #3 Virginia Tech (the most controversial season for the BCS probably ever would be easily solved pitting what most considered the four best teams in the nation against one another)

2006:
    #1 Ohio State vs #6 Louisville and #2 Florida vs #5 USC (the original "rematch" possibility between Ohio State and Michigan became null-in-void when Florida trounced Ohio State in the MNC game)

2005: #1 USC vs #6 Notre Dame and #2 Texas vs #3 Penn State (the one time that there probably wouldn't be a reason to have a playoff as the two only undefeated teams faced one another but giving Penn State a chance at the Championship still)

2004: #1 USC vs #6 Utah and #2 Oklahoma vs #3 Auburn (a battle of 4 undefeated teams as it should always be - unfortunately, once again, Boise State, while undefeated, is left asking why they didn't get a chance)

2003:
    #1 Oklahoma vs #4 Michigan and #2 LSU vs #3 USC (battle of the top 4 conference champions again, as it should be)

2002: #1 Miami vs #4 USC and #2 Ohio State vs #3 Georgia (the one year where things are a bit weird: Ohio State and #5 Iowa both went undefeated in the Big Ten but Ohio State went undefeated overall and Iowa lost to instate rival Iowa State early in the season - hard to judge this one but the current setup of the Big Ten with the conference championship would prevent such a thing from happening again)

2001: #1 Miami vs #5 Florida and #3 Colorado vs #4 Oregon (#2 Nebraska would be skipped over because of rule #1)

Pretty interesting stuff. I'd LOVE to see a setup like this. Imagine the incredible games you'd have and the Cinderella stories that could happen with a team like Boise State or BYU making the playoffs.
    Last edited by morsdraconis; 06-13-2012 at 08:57 PM.

Arkansas State at Oregon on 9/1 will be on ESPN at 9:30pm CT.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Arkansas State at Oregon on 9/1 will be on ESPN at 9:30pm CT.
    one reason i'm glad to live on the west coast.

although I prefer how in the east coast on Sundays, games dont start till 1 PM LOL

looking at Athlons...

so let me get this straight....? TCU is predicted to finish 5th in their own conference, but ranked 22 in the nation L O freaking L

a little bit a Big 12 bias there

I'm guessing OK, OK St., K-St., and West Virginia or Texas are ranked ahead? I can see TCU being 5th and still ranked

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I'm guessing OK, OK St., K-St., and West Virginia or Texas are ranked ahead? I can see TCU being 5th and still ranked
    exactly why playoffs are needed though. Thats a bunch of subjective new math bullpucky