Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2010 NCAA Football Community Wish List Tournament Information & Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Im surprised Create a Stadium didn't make the bracket. I hope (selfishly) they still put it in :p
    Still though, very nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by Draxion View Post
    Im surprised Create a Stadium didn't make the bracket. I hope (selfishly) they still put it in :p
    Still though, very nice job.
    Actually it did make the bracket... it's matched up against DB/WR Matchup in the first round.

Just a heads up to anyone that may not like that their favorite item lost in the first round... we're putting together a Second Chance bracket for those items that lost in the first round. We're still working out the details but look for it after the first round matchups have been played.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Actually it did make the bracket... it's matched up against DB/WR Matchup in the first round.
    Well im just silly. :p

Are the brackets going to be updated?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyme8 View Post
    Are the brackets going to be updated?
    The bracket is up-to-date.
    http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=377648

Man, some of these second round match-ups are going to suck trying to make a choice between the two options as much as some of these first round matches.

That teambuilder FCS teams in the game vs Accelerated clock is a killer. I really, really want both.

Bracket update?

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Bracket update?
    Done.

It's hilarious how a #1 seed (hair protruding from helmet) got SMASHED in the FIRST round! LOL!

Also, Defensive Playbooks vs. More Audible Options looks like a really good 2nd round match-up.

Beginning tonight, I'll be posting the first half of the first round of the 2nd Chance tournament. These are the wishlist entries that lost in the first round and now are getting a chance to separate themselves as "the best of the rest".

The other eight Second Round match-ups will be posted in the morning.

If you guys missed it, the Second Round match-ups stay open for three days each and the 2nd Chance match-ups just for two days.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Beginning tonight, I'll be posting the first half of the first round of the 2nd Chance tournament. These are the wishlist entries that lost in the first round and now are getting a chance to separate themselves as "the best of the rest".
    Great idea. I was sad to see a couple of my top choices get knocked out in the first round.
    Last edited by brza37; 11-16-2010 at 07:37 AM.

We have moved all closed threads to a hidden sub-forum so only threads open for voting appear in this forum. We hope that will avoid any confusion or unnecessary clutter.

Chris, I know that we purposefully moved toward having set deadlines, and rapid turnaround ... but some of these Sweet 16 matches are so tough, maybe give an extra day to get more votes? Unless you see voting taper off drastically, of course.

Also, do we have rules/guidelines for a tie vote?
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

To that end ... More Slider Options vs Better Celebration did end tied.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

- We had the opening round at 5 days and it seemed that voting and discussion typically slowed/stopped at Day 3, so that's what we have it at now. We want each round to have enough time for people to vote if they don't get here everyday due to work or other obligations, but want it fast-paced enough where people don't get bored waiting between rounds.

- The tiebreaker for the last round was to award it to the higher seed. It was a tough choice between that or a re-vote as we don't have the ability to extend poll length. (We do not respond to spam e-mails. ) We felt the community had done a great job conveying their wishes & thoughts on each feature, that it wouldn't be worth adding more time to the tourney for a revote. Our thought process is that we will make a more concerted effort to spread the word about the new round and voting and hope our members do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    To that end ... More Slider Options vs Better Celebration did end tied.
    Ugh. I hate that sliders won. How many sliders can one take? There are already a billion of them.