Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 NCAA Football Community Wish List Tournament Information & Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display

2010 NCAA Football Community Wish List Tournament Information & Discussion Thread

How was the field determined? The committee pulled the top 68 items based upon frequency in wish lists & threads and also included features from other sports games that saw many say "NCAA Football needs something like this." Sites browsed for feedback included game specific community websites (IE: The Gaming Tailgate), large sports gaming sites (IE: Operation Sports), the EA SPORTS Forums, and standard video game websites (IE: Sony PlayStation Forums).

Tournament Bracket: Full Bracket available here.

Tournament Background: If you were to ask 100 random fans of the NCAA Football series to list their top 5 feature requests, you'd likely come up with 100 completely different answers. That's a problem that EA Tiburon faces every year as they're developing the franchise, "Sure there are 100 wishlist items, but which ones are truly the most important?"

The group behind the scenes on the forums have been working on a way to determine exactly that with help from the community. Our goal is to have a March Madness style tournament of wishlist items going head to head until we can ultimately proclaim our top choices. As you're voting, be sure to thoroughly read the description of each, otherwise you may misinterpret something; we will not change votes because you voted incorrectly.

Since the NCAA team is currently ramping up their development process now, we'll need to move swiftly in order for them to receive this information and be able to put it to good use. Therefore, be sure to check the boards as often as possible so that you can keep up on the latest matchups. Once a poll is closed, you will no longer be able to vote to share your opinion.

The selection committee (cdj, gschwendt, & JBHuskers) ranked each of the wishlist items 1-16 based on four characteristics:

* Community feedback - how many are requesting the item on NCAA Football community-related sites
    * Potential impact - how big of a change it will make to the game
    * Recent updates to it or similar modes - If something hasn't been touched in a long time, it jumped higher and vice versa
    * Feasibility - how likely the developers would be able to implement a feature

How do you determine what should be ranked higher when two requests are very different but mean just as much to two different groups? We feel that we were able to tap into all groups and get a good grasp on what is important overall. However, just because an item is ranked lower, does not mean it's not as important to you or someone else. With your help, that's what this tournament will determine.

We're really excited about this and truly believe this will finally help make our voice and wishes more clear not just for NCAA Football 11 but for the franchise going forward. In order for it to be a success, we'll need as much involvement as possible. We ask that everyone here take the few minutes out of their day to vote on the polls but also be sure to spread the word. The more people that we have voting and sharing opinions, the more impact the polls can make.

Special Thanks to:
    - The NCAA Football community for being so passionate about the game and willing to share feedback
    - Community members who provided feedback to improve the tournament, including JeffHCross & steelerfan
    - Community members who helped spread the word about the Tournament
    - EA SPORTS for making a game devoted to the best sport in the world and sharing some of their tournament thoughts with the community
    Last edited by cdj; 10-25-2010 at 08:23 AM.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Glad to see you guys are doing this again. Hopefully we have enough traffic here for it to really mean something though...

Glad to see this here!

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Glad to see you guys are doing this again. Hopefully we have enough traffic here for it to really mean something though...
    The nice thing is that something like this can spread ...

CDJ, I'll be retweeting this as soon as you tweet about it.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

(4)TeamBuilder 2.0
    Game 12 Details
    (13)Old School Offenses
    I would be more than willing to make that the final right now. That's going to be a tough, tough decision for me. Those are probably my #1 and #1a.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I would be more than willing to make that the final right now. That's going to be a tough, tough decision for me. Those are probably my #1 and #1a.
    No doubt man. Same here. Old school offenses would be AMAZING but adding to Teambuilder would be just as amazing. VERY tough decision there.

We won't officially be announcing or starting until next week, but go ahead and vote. The tournament will be announced and mentioned at quite a few locations to help make sure the community is aware and votes.

I don't follow the TGT account anymore on my homepage, but if you either put it up in the News section (as I'm sure you will) or RT it from your own account, I'll be sure to RT it myself.

Some people had informed us they had trouble posting in the tourney sub-forum. This issue should now be fixed.

I may have missed this somewhere, but when will the play-in games go "final" and what are the plans for how long each successive round will last in terms of votes being taken?

I think it'll be 5-7 days.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I think it'll be 5-7 days.
    Thanks, buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Thanks, buddy.
    Yep, we're going to work on spreading the word to every corner of the planet

By the way a BIG thanks to Ben Haumiller for the introduction piece that he wrote for us!

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    By the way a BIG thanks to Ben Haumiller for the introduction piece that he wrote for us!
    I second that! It's very, very exciting to have the support and open ears of the NCAA Design Team. Thank you, Ben and EA for being receptive to the community.

Just another reason that The Gaming Tailgate is the only NCAA site for me.

In game saves is only a 13 seed! That's crazy. It will kick medical redshirt's ass!! I will do everything in my power to vote that baby to victory!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    In game saves is only a 13 seed! That's crazy. It will kick medical redshirt's ass!! I will do everything in my power to vote that baby to victory!
    As with last year, we based seeding on demand, feasibility, and likelihood of it being included. With in-game saves, over the years, the design team has pretty much said that in-game saves isn't included since Super Sim is in the game.

Custom playbooks... just give it the crown now! We got formation subs last year and this, other than FCS is the only major feature still missing from last gen.

I'm pulling for Defensive Playbooks. They are in "Duke's" spot from last year's tourny. I wouldn't be surprised to see them take the crown while everyone anticipates a Custom Playbooks (KU) v. Coaching Carousel (UK) title game matchup.

One thing is for sure, if "Hair protruding from helmet" a.k.a. dread locks makes it past the 1st round I will PUKE! Seriously, its [censored] hair and has no impact on how the game plays. But I digress....

My prediction on the Final 4 = (4) Medical Redshirts; (2) More Camera Angles (I presume that is actual game play camera angles and not replay); (2) OD Coaching & Conference Invites and (1) Defensive Playbooks.

Recruit
    This seems really cool. Imma take part in this.