Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Week 8 Discussion (2010)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by HWill View Post
    So the "ACC Network" is the reason why I couldn't watch Navy-Notre Dame on TV?
    If your CBS affiliate is one of the Raycom stations ... yep. Funny enough for me ... I have two NBC stations on my cable provider. But the local Raycom affiliate is the "My Network" station. Then one of the NBC stations is too. So the same game is on "My Network" and the non-DC NBC station. It's very weird looking on my guide.

To make things more entertaining, the NBC station is broadcasting their SD quality on their HD station. Ouch.

Michigan State gets a circus-worthy one-handed catch to go up 28-27. Ball was deflected by the NW DB, but caught one-handed by the receiver as he was going to the ground.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Sigh. In what universe should Georgia Tech @ Clemson get national coverage on either ABC or ESPN, while #16 Nebraska @ #14 Oklahoma State doesn't get any ESPN coverage, and is only on ABC in the Big 12/MWC area.

Likewise, #13 Wisconsin @ #15 Iowa is on ABC in the Big Ten and Pac 10 and on ESPN Standard Definition everywhere else.

So the unranked game is the only one on ESPN HD. Ugh.

Northwestern doesn't manage to get anything on offense, and Michigan State will escape Evanston with a 1 point victory.

Except they scored a touchdown while trying to run out the clock, and will instead win 35-27.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    (sigh) WVU shows once again why we are such a shitty team... Losing to fuckin' Syracuse is unacceptable...

And Texas loses...What a letdown.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Smooth is going to be a happy man.
    WOOOO!!!! Damn straight! Navy coming out today and just punching Notre Dame right in the mouth. THAT is the Navy I have been waiting to see all season long. And what a hell of a day by Alexander Teich, ending the game with 210 yards rushing and 1 receiving touchdown. He became the first FB in Navy history to have a 200+ yard game.

What a day for running the ball. Navy threw 2 passes the entire game. The touchdown pass to Teich on Navy's first drive (after stuffing ND on the one yard line on 4th down) and then the surprise 40 yard pass Dobbs laid right over the shoulders and into the hands of Greg Jones on 3rd and 6 in the third quarter, taking advantage of the ND defense expecting the run. Other than that, it was a cool 367 yards rushing on 60 rushes for Navy today. God I love the Navy offense!

And the great job the defense did today. Forcing Crist to throw two interceptions (and if Middleton had been able to get down in bounds, it would have been three INTs) and ultimately forcing Kelly to yank him out of the game in the 4th quarter. Either today was just a massive, horrible fluke, or Crist is NOT the Irish football savior that I have seen many Notre Dam fans make him out to be.

I'll be honest, I had nothing but faith in Navy today and have been expecting a win every day since last season's Navy-Notre Dame game, but even I was surprised with how easy Navy made that look today. Did Notre Dame bring their JVs to the game today on accident and leave the varsity in South Bend or something? I still am somewhat shocked at how Navy was able to just roll right over ND with ease.

And Texas loses...What a letdown.
    Unreal....and makes the loss to Texas last week even more unbearable.

NU up 14-13 at Okie State. First one to 50 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Unreal....and makes the loss to Texas last week even more unbearable.
    Eh, I don't agree with that. If Wisconsin crapped the bed today against Iowa, that wouldn't change last week's game. Texas didn't show up ... at all ... today. Or at least not until inside 10:00 in the 4th quarter, when they suddenly scored 15 points.

The only thing worthy from the Nebraska-Texas game was the drops.

I don't know....ISU put up 28 today and NU hasn't scored an offensive TD vs. Texas in their last eight quarters of play. Pretty tough to stomach. The defense is looking poor at times vs OSU today.

Wisc still up at Iowa, but Iowa is driving.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I don't know....ISU put up 28 today and NU hasn't scored an offensive TD vs. Texas in their last eight quarters of play. Pretty tough to stomach.
    Right, but I feel like you've got to look at them as completely independent. Texas had something to prove last week. This week they were lifeless.

Wisconsin just ran the greatest punt fake I've ever seen.

Auburn gets the ball back on downs....LSU will need some luck now.

Gah ... I'm so tempted to subscribe to CBS College Sports just to get the Air Force / TCU game. I want to see that game so badly!
    atdhe.net

Looks like we'll have a new number one in the BCS and WTG Western Kentucky getting the monkey of their back with a 54-21 pounding of UL-Lafayette.

The Oklahoma loss puts Baylor (yes, Baylor) 1st place in the Big 12 South.

Too bad Vanderbilt didn't beat South Carolina. Vandy and Baylor having leads in their respective divisions might be too much for the universe to take.

The Oklahoma loss puts Baylor (yes, Baylor) 1st place in the Big 12 South.

Wisconsin just ran the greatest punt fake I've ever seen.
    I just finished watching the game this morning. Man special teams had a major impact on this game. Iowa had their first XP blocked and then a bad snap screwed up a chip shot FG. 4 points not on the board right there. Just the XP alone would have kept the game alive.

Everyone wants to talk about how gutsy a call Dantonio had against Notre Dame but that fake punt was far crazier. Just over 6 minutes, down 6 and deep in your own half you run that play?! If you don't get it Iowa gets a FG to ice the game. But that was almost comical how easy the punter ran for the first down. I wonder why NFL teams don't line up in the spread punt formation more often. Wisconsin also converted a 4th down on the game winning drive.

People make fun of Les Miles well Ferentz needs to be called out for using his last time out with 12 seconds left. Iowa gets a first down, is lined up to spike the ball as soon as it is set and Ferentz calls a time out? That saved no time and on the very next play they complete a 5 yard pass (on Wisconsin's 40 to 45 yard line I think) and they don't get out of bounds and the game ends. Dumb.

LSU's offense is horrible. Jordan Jefferson can't pass and Jarrett Lee can't run the option. It's like they don't know what to do and the product is lousy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Everyone wants to talk about how gutsy a call Dantonio had against Notre Dame but that fake punt was far crazier. Just over 6 minutes, down 6 and deep in your own half you run that play?!
    Honestly, I didn't think it was crazy at all. That was just great coaching by Wisconsin. Iowa had only sent two men at the punter all day. So give the kid the option to run it if it's open ... and it was.

He could've kept running too if he had run behind his blocker rather than running in front of him and sliding.