Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Week 8 Discussion (2010)

• Facebook
  • Display

Week 8 Discussion (2010)

Televised Games

Gah ... I'm so tempted to subscribe to CBS College Sports just to get the Air Force / TCU game. I want to see that game so badly!
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Gah ... I'm so tempted to subscribe to CBS College Sports just to get the Air Force / TCU game. I want to see that game so badly!
    Yeah we get it along with a bunch of FOX Sports channels and the NHL Network for like $3 a month through Time Warner.

Ahh, so can't wait for Saturday. Get done with my Saturday morning show around 9am, leave Napoleon and head back home, getting back around 10. Turn around and head out to Buffalo Wild Wings with my two bosses for some noon wings, beer, and Navy-Notre Dame football. And hopefully leaving there with a Navy win as I really don't want to have to sit there at the end of a Notre Dame win with both of those assholes.

Dish Network seems to add it each year just during FB season. Weird, but I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Ahh, so can't wait for Saturday. Get done with my Saturday morning show around 9am, leave Napoleon and head back home, getting back around 10. Turn around and head out to Buffalo Wild Wings with my two bosses for some noon wings, beer, and Navy-Notre Dame football. And hopefully leaving there with a Navy win as I really don't want to have to sit there at the end of a Notre Dame win with both of those assholes.

with my two bosses.....with both of those assholes.
    I hope they never hear about this site.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I hope they never hear about this site.
    Oh they wouldn't care. My one boss on the country station is a self-proclaimed asshole. He's said so many times. And the other boss, on the Hot AC station, just this past Friday, he asked me in the morning if I could get weekend weather taken care of for all three stations since he didn't get a chance to, I said "listen to this lazy bastard" right there to my other boss and he proceeded to make a "Seaman lover" comment due to my being a Navy fan and we all laughed and went about our business

And that is why I love my job. We are all extremely laid back. We call each other bastards, assholes, other random insults on a daily basis while sitting there in the office or studio or wherever else in private, etc. We are always making cracks at each other on air, etc. The greatest job I've ever had. The hours may suck a lot, especially during the winter when our Christmas for Kids and Neighbors in Need campaigns get going and I'm practically living in the building 24 hours a day, but it's all worth it. Add in all the sweet ass perks (concert tickets, sports tickets, other event tickets, etc) and I'm going be working at that place for a long time.

Oh they wouldn't care. My one boss on the country station is a self-proclaimed asshole. He's said so many times. And the other boss, on the Hot AC station, just this past Friday, he asked me in the morning if I could get weekend weather taken care of for all three stations since he didn't get a chance to, I said "listen to this lazy bastard" right there to my other boss and he proceeded to make a "Seaman lover" comment due to my being a Navy fan and we all laughed and went about our business

And that is why I love my job. We are all extremely laid back. We call each other bastards, assholes, other random insults on a daily basis while sitting there in the office or studio or wherever else in private, etc. We are always making cracks at each other on air, etc. The greatest job I've ever had. The hours may suck a lot, especially during the winter when our Christmas for Kids and Neighbors in Need campaigns get going and I'm practically living in the building 24 hours a day, but it's all worth it. Add in all the sweet ass perks (concert tickets, sports tickets, other event tickets, etc) and I'm going be working at that place for a long time.

Smart follow-up in case they do find this site!

GameDay is in Mizzou this week and this is from someplace on campus:

Minnesota fired Tim Brewster earlier this week and this is a pic supposedly taken today in Lincoln:

I guess Howard pays full price.

The Oregon beatdown of UCLA tonight further strengthens my position on them as #1.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Smart follow-up in case they do find this site!
    To build upon this, I spent a fair portion of my afternoon today making obscene comments about Notre Dame and leprechauns to my boss, all the while he was continuing to make Navy and "Seaman" comments. God I love my job.

Navy up 7-3 on ND late in 1st quarter
    Iowa State up 7-0 at Texas early
    NW up 7-0 on MSU

Some early notable action.

In the 4th quarter of most of the noon games ...

Texas trails Iowa State 21-6, and just gave Iowa State the ball on a fumble.
    Michigan State is staging a furious comeback against Northwestern; Northwestern leads 24-21, and just got a wide-open first down on a 3rd and long. 12 minutes to go.
    Ohio State is blowing Purdue away, 49-0.
    Navy is absolutely rolling Notre Dame ... 35-10. Notre Dame has switched QBs, and suddenly has an offensive spark.

Smooth is going to be a happy man.

Iowa State just scored.

Good grief, Texas. It's at Texas too!

This is the first time I've noticed this, and will probably mean nothing to most of you ... but is hilarious to me.

"Starting in 2010, Raycom Sports has branded its 12:00 PM ET ACC football games as ACC Network."

The kicker there is that Raycom Sports does syndicated ACC games. So the "ACC Network" is on random local affiliates, with completely differing quality levels. Far cry from the Big Ten Network, that is.

This is the first time I've noticed this, and will probably mean nothing to most of you ... but is hilarious to me.

"Starting in 2010, Raycom Sports has branded its 12:00 PM ET ACC football games as ACC Network."

The kicker there is that Raycom Sports does syndicated ACC games. So the "ACC Network" is on random local affiliates, with completely differing quality levels. Far cry from the Big Ten Network, that is.
    So the "ACC Network" is the reason why I couldn't watch Navy-Notre Dame on TV?