View Poll Results: Who should be the new #1?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Auburn

0 0%
  • Boise State

3 15.00%
  • LSU

0 0%
  • Nebraska

2 10.00%
  • Ohio State

6 30.00%
  • Oklahoma

0 0%
  • Oregon

9 45.00%
  • TCU

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: After Week #6, who should be the new #1?

• Facebook
  • Display
    I went with Ohio State with Oregon 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    NU also offered a home and home as well as just one game in Lincoln. The problem was that Boise wanted $1M+ for the game in Lincoln. That's unreasonable....but sadly, there are school who will (and have) paid that amount. It's a couple hundred thousand more than what I consider the standard rate.
    If anything Nebraska is being unreasonable in that $1 million is more than a fair offer. This isn't Utah St or Western Michigan they are playing. This is Boise St which has been a ranked team for a long time (higher than most BCS teams the last five years) and a big budget that pays it's head coach over $1 million a year. Michigan paid a division 2 school $450,000 or $500,000 last year to come to Michigan to get beat on. The reason those teams pay that money is they keep all the gate. Even if Nebraska pays Boise St. $1 million for a one and done at home they still keep all the gate from the 86,000 fans that will be in Lincoln. In no way is Boise St. being unreasonable by demanding more money than the typical crap team Nebraska would bring in. I side with Boise on this one.

Nebraska is simply trying to maximize it's profits to the fullest by scheduling a loser school and keeping all the money. Can't blame them entirely for that but they still make a ton more money than Boise St. in any scenario.

cdj, refresh our memories. How much did you say NU paid Idaho? IIRC, it was quite a bit. Also, it would be interesting to know the timeline between the offers to Idaho and Boise.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Uhm, that's bias.
    Did I say it was better? No. All I said that it wasn't "Good god" worthy. No one has a #1 worthy resume right now. You're the one that managed to turn that into a rant of epic proportions.

And yeah, when you think the Big Ten is on par with the Sun Belt (as you appear to think), you're not going to think very highly of Ohio State's schedule.
    How can I think very highly of Ohio State's schedule when they only have FOUR road games? FOUR! Talk about cupcake bullshit right there.

Your conference ALWAYS has bullshit cupcake OOC games. ALWAYS.

Just look at this year's:

Florida Atlantic, Western Michigan, Northern Colorado, Marshall, Ohio, Eastern Michigan, Eastern Illinois, Ball State (X2), Western Illinois, Toledo, @ UNLV, San Jose State, Austin Peay, Massachusetts, Bowling Green, Illinois State, @ Rice, Central Michigan, Southern Illinois, Northern Illinois (X2), @ Fresno State, Towson, @ Western Kentucky, Akron, Kent State, Temple, Youngstown State, @ Middle Tennessee, and South Dakota

Now, the good and "good" teams:

Notre Dame (X3), Miami (FL), @ Arizona, Arizona State, Connecticut, @ Vanderbilt, @ Missouri, @ Alabama, and USC.

So ONE good or "good" OOC team per school and a LOT of MAC and Div II teams to kick the shit out of (or lose to depending on the school).

How can I have any respect for a conference that does that? How is that any different than Boise State having to play the conference that they're in (which they are doing something about mind you by moving to the at least semi more prestigious MWC and getting out of the sucky WAC)?

The Big Ten has always been about beating the shit out of lesser competition to make their own conference look better than it really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    If anything Nebraska is being unreasonable in that $1 million is more than a fair offer. This isn't Utah St or Western Michigan they are playing. This is Boise St which has been a ranked team for a long time (higher than most BCS teams the last five years) and a big budget that pays it's head coach over $1 million a year. Michigan paid a division 2 school $450,000 or $500,000 last year to come to Michigan to get beat on. The reason those teams pay that money is they keep all the gate. Even if Nebraska pays Boise St. $1 million for a one and done at home they still keep all the gate from the 86,000 fans that will be in Lincoln. In no way is Boise St. being unreasonable by demanding more money than the typical crap team Nebraska would bring in. I side with Boise on this one.

Nebraska is simply trying to maximize it's profits to the fullest by scheduling a loser school and keeping all the money. Can't blame them entirely for that but they still make a ton more money than Boise St. in any scenario.
    Exactly Rudy and my reasoning for saying a 2-for-1 with Nebraska is bullshit. That's bush league crap that you offer a shitty MAC, CUSA, or Sun Belt school. Not someone that has built their stature up like Boise State.

Well the difference is Boise schedules a lot of crap and has a conference that is crap. There were many instances where the Big XII has had 3 top 10 teams....Big Ten has had some instances where there were at least two.
    Last edited by JBHuskers; 10-11-2010 at 12:24 PM.

Simply put, Boise has to sacrifice in order to shed the conference they play in. They need to schedule three CONSISTANT top 15-20 schools, at least. Not Viriginia Tech who chokes the beginning of many of the past few seasons, and Oregon State who has never really done much.

The Big Ten has always been about beating the shit out of lesser competition to make their own conference look better than it really is.
    Right, because no other conference does that. *cough*Big12SEC*cough* See, when you play a real conference schedule, the OOC schedule is naturally going to be weak.
    Because Coastal Carolina, Wofford, Eastern Washington, East Carolina, WMU, Marshall, Liberty, Syracuse, and UNLV are soooo good.

Well, isn't that the pot (Big East fan) calling the kettle (Big 10 schools) black?

If the top Big 10 schools were in the Big Least, I'd agree they shouldn't schedule garbage OOC. There's not one powerhouse in that BCS shitstain. Furthermore, if the top Big 10 schools played Boise's conference schedule, I'd feel the same.

Money drives the ship, and Boise knows they can't step out too far or they might get exposed and lose all their recognition early in the season (like when UGA bitch-slapped them). Boise should join the Pac-10 if they really want to be taken seriously. Instead, they beat a couple (or one) big boys (and not even the biggest boys on their respective blocks) and then beat down the sisters of the poor the rest of the year and play the "whoa is me, I'm 12-0 and the big boys won't play me" card and cash their BCS Bowl check. It's a genius business model, really.

I don't care how you spin it, playing Ohio St, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan State etc. week-in and week-out is a difficult task. It's easy to have an off week and drop one no matter how good you are. But, Boise only has 1-3 challenging games each year, and never back-to-back. They get by those, whine alot, gain public sympathy, and cash that check!

Hey, I never said the Big East was good so you can just leave that at the door. We're the ugly stepchild of the BCS conferences, mainly because WVU is the only team worth a damn in the whole conference that can handle the pressure of playing with the big boys. Pittsburgh just shits themselves with their tails between their legs and everyone else just follows suit.

I've wanted nothing more than for WVU to get the hell out of the Big East for years (except for basketball of course).

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Hey, I never said the Big East was good so you can just leave that at the door. We're the ugly stepchild of the BCS conferences, mainly because WVU is the only team worth a damn in the whole conference that can handle the pressure of playing with the big boys. Pittsburgh just shits themselves with their tails between their legs and everyone else just follows suit.

I've wanted nothing more than for WVU to get the hell out of the Big East for years (except for basketball of course).
    Thanks to their AD that threw our program in a pile of shit that we're finally going to dig out of after this year (the last year Steve Peterson's shit scheduling is on the schedule). You won't see us play an FCS school again. I can't believe Pitt took him back...I guess he got them on the national map for a day or two, but now they're just irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    Right, because no other conference does that. *cough*Big12SEC*cough* See, when you play a real conference schedule, the OOC schedule is naturally going to be weak.
    Because Coastal Carolina, Wofford, Eastern Washington, East Carolina, WMU, Marshall, Liberty, Syracuse, and UNLV are soooo good.
    We've tried to get Notre Dame, Michigan or Ohio State to play us but they won't. What more can we do? We take what we can get. I'd be willing to bet that LSU is better than ANY team that your piece of shit conference has played this year outside of maybe Alabama (that still remains to be seen) so you can just take your dumb ass Michigan team with it's shitty defense and go back home with that.

And comparing the Big Ten to the Big East is just laughable anyway since your conference supposedly has SO MUCH history. You'd think they'd actually play teams worth a damn instead of willingly scheduling shitty MAC schools every year to beat the hell out of. You'd think they'd at least play shitty BCS schools, but I guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Thanks to their AD that threw our program in a pile of shit that we're finally going to dig out of after this year (the last year Steve Peterson's shit scheduling is on the schedule). You won't see us play an FCS school again. I can't believe Pitt took him back...I guess he got them on the national map for a day or two, but now they're just irrelevant.
    Pitt will never do anything as long as the Stash is their coach. He's the one coach in the conference that I think is actually worse than Bill Stewart (and I can't wait until we dump his dumb ass).

your piece of shit conference
    Our "piece of shit conference" does not boast that the "only team worth a damn" is one coming off consecutive 9-4 seasons.

Hello Pot, my name is Kettle.

Toasted again.

Good job taking the high road by resorting to attacks, mors. Very mature. But since you gonna go there......

mors, you proved our point by your own admission, 'only team worth a damn'.......don't quit your day job to become a defense lawyer.

WVU was irrelevant until a portion of this decade. I'll take a couple shitty seasons out of 40 instead of being consistently mediocre so laugh all you want at Michigan. WVU has never been Michigan and surely won't be anytime soon, and THAT is why your team is in a shit conference and has to play some OOC opponents to outweigh the suck of your program and conference. Because the BIG conferences know that WVU is an also-ran, a waterboy on the junior varsity team that nobody notices.
    And THAT is why the BIG conferences play weaker OOC schedules because they play real teams for 8-9 games per season. See, people know the teams in the BIG conferences are worth a damn and thus are invited to the party, whereas teams like yours have to go and prove themselves because they are the geeks that didn't get the invite to the party and instead whacked off to pics of the hot chicks in the yearbook alone in their rooms.

LSU is your trophy to hold up? Solid, talented, yet very lucky LSU. Try again.

As for Big East teams since 1980:
    0.55099 - Syracuse
    0.42794 - Rutgers
    0.64067 - WVU
    0.53161 - Louisville
    0.46387 - Cincy
    0.53846 - PITT
    0.62963 - USF
    0.51667 - Conn

Wow, WVU is beating up on a bunch of teams only a bit over .500 over the past 30 years and yet one of their fans has the audacity (or ignorance, take your pick) to talk shit about other programs and conferences......and they weren't even noticed nationally until a certain coach got them there. But yet they hate. The self-loathing is just sad, so knock it off and grow up.

You'd think they'd at least play shitty BCS schools, but I guess not.
    Glass houses.
    We done here? Because the nice thing about this site is the lack of stuff like you started up.....
    Last edited by AustinWolv; 10-11-2010 at 03:29 PM.

And i said it but i'll fucking say it again, i never said the big east was good.

Can you not fucking read?

It's hilarious to you have to make fun of my shitty conference instead of having any REAL proof that the Big Ten is worth a damn.
    Last edited by morsdraconis; 10-11-2010 at 04:16 PM.

But whatever. You're elitist attitudes will never change so whatever. I've got better things to do than wax illogical with Big Ten fans.

But whatever. You're elitist attitudes will never change so whatever. I've got better things to do than wax illogical with Big Ten fans.
    What conference is good, in your opinion? The WAC?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    What conference is good, in your opinion? The WAC?
    Being a smart ass will get you no where.

The SEC is basically the only truly good conference with really only Vanderbilt, Tennessee, and maybe Kentucky as pushover teams.

But, when you have Florida, Alabama, South Carolina, LSU, Auburn, and Arkansas all playing incredibly good football, that's going to happen.

Being a smart ass will get you no where.
    But dropping as many "fucking", "motherfucking", "god damn", "bullshit" and "shit" references as possible will?

Dude, there are a lot of different opinions here. You're the only one who can't accept anyone else's.