Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 60 of 60

Thread: Madden 20 Impressions

  1. #41
    Heisman jaymo76's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,089
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: jaymo1976 PSN ID: jaymo12476
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Still plugging away!

    And franchise mode in Madden still doesn’t have separate user/cpu sliders for special teams. The Madden dev team for the last 10 years hasn’t given a shit about sliders and it really hurts the offline experience. They should let us create our own tuning files. NBA 2K has at least 50 gameplay sliders plus foul sliders plus oodles of customizable camera options. Madden has maybe 15 and don’t even separate special teams sliders. Just adding back the old RB ability slider from NCAA or the old knockdown slider would be nice.

    But when your focus is on MUT and online this isn’t shocking although I’m surprised they don’t have a single dev that cares about sliders. If they did they wouldn’t be this terrible.
    I have come to believe that sliders in Madden are more for show than anything. I don't have much evidence that they work as intended and often end up causing other problems to the base game. After messing with interceptions and pass coverage I am now throwing more interceptions...

  2. #42
    Heisman Rudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kingsville, ON
    Posts
    7,294
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: rudyjuly2
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I have come to believe that sliders in Madden are more for show than anything. I don't have much evidence that they work as intended and often end up causing other problems to the base game. After messing with interceptions and pass coverage I am now throwing more interceptions...
    It’s a real shame too since if EA wants to focus on online play and MUT the offline portion could be fixed with robust sliders. But they really don’t care much about offline people and so this area has gone untouched for a very long time.

    The one thing EA did that actually makes the sliders more annoying was splitting the slider save files between user and cpu. Just adds another step in saving when you should just add a toggle to flip between them.

    Furthermore NCAA was great in that you could split difficulty between offence and defence. If Madden is going to split slider files why not allow split difficulty? I just lost to SF with Cleveland 10-3. I don’t like Cleveland playbook but I could not run. I averaged under 1 hard per attempt with Chubb on All Madden. The cpu offence was much better. I really wish I could play All Pro on offence and All Madden on defence. Another missed opportunity. It’s why I prefer the 2K global slider method instead of hard coded built in differences.
    Last edited by Rudy; 08-05-2019 at 06:34 AM.

  3. #43
    Heisman Rudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kingsville, ON
    Posts
    7,294
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: rudyjuly2
    On All Madden I find running plays where the OL pulls or traps are bad. This is normal Madden blocking but I thought I had read that stuff was better. I’m not seeing it.

    I’m also calling man coverages but some guys still aren’t lined up directly across from their man, even when I hit man align. I think this happens more when I have an extra DB (like dime) vs a 3 Wr set. It’s annoying.
    Last edited by Rudy; 08-05-2019 at 01:44 PM.

  4. #44
    Heisman Rudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kingsville, ON
    Posts
    7,294
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: rudyjuly2
    Just how bad is cpu AI? Horrible. This stuff should not be happening other than on Rookie mode. Just stupid and annoying. I like to score but this was unbelievable. I’m not buying this game. It’s got way too many annoying things for offline franchise players who they don’t care about.


  5. #45
    All-American Escobar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,381
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Escobar
    Hey Rudy and jaymo I recommend you try these sliders out. They drastically improve the gameplay, mostly the pass coverage. Also tone down fumbles, overall very solid NFL gameplay. https://forums.operationsports.com/f...0-sliders.html

  6. #46
    Heisman Rudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kingsville, ON
    Posts
    7,294
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: rudyjuly2
    At this point I’m not sure if I will even finish all 10 hours. Seeing the brain dead cpu AI just pisses me off and no sliders will fix their terrible decision making. I will check out his sliders as I like reading impressions of how effective certain sliders are and reasons for changes. Matt states the coverage slider barely does anything. Just another lazy effort by EA. To not have separate cpu/user sliders for kicking in franchise is garbage. Shows they don’t care about the slider community. There should be a lot more. The NCAA team had more including the ability to have different settings on offence and defence. There should be many more to customize but that would require caring about offline. Honestly it shouldn’t be hard at all. Where are real camera options too? I just see what NBA 2K offers and Madden isn’t even close in any area.

    EA puts almost their sole focus on MUT and online and they aren’t getting my money for this game. I’m not happy with all the legacy issues.

  7. #47
    Heisman jaymo76's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,089
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: jaymo1976 PSN ID: jaymo12476
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    On All Madden I find running plays where the OL pulls or traps are bad. This is normal Madden blocking but I thought I had read that stuff was better. I’m not seeing it.

    I’m also calling man coverages but some guys still aren’t lined up directly across from their man, even when I hit man align. I think this happens more when I have an extra DB (like dime) vs a 3 Wr set. It’s annoying.
    I don't run sweeps to the outside nor do I run screen passes. I also don't run the ball when inside the 5 as it's a guaranteed stuff in the backfield.

  8. #48
    Heisman jaymo76's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,089
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: jaymo1976 PSN ID: jaymo12476
    Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    Hey Rudy and jaymo I recommend you try these sliders out. They drastically improve the gameplay, mostly the pass coverage. Also tone down fumbles, overall very solid NFL gameplay. https://forums.operationsports.com/f...0-sliders.html
    Yes I have always found Matt, Josh and Armors sliders to be pretty good. I will check them out at some point.

  9. #49
    Heisman Rudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kingsville, ON
    Posts
    7,294
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: rudyjuly2
    Sorry guys. I'm just bitter at how little Madden's cpu AI has improved in 15 years. It's an embarrassment and they don't deserve my money. That money will go to other games.

  10. #50
    Heisman jaymo76's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,089
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: jaymo1976 PSN ID: jaymo12476
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Sorry guys. I'm just bitter at how little Madden's cpu AI has improved in 15 years. It's an embarrassment and they don't deserve my money. That money will go to other games.
    Totally understand. The legacy issues and the horrendous CFM are enough to keep a lot of people away. I don't mind gameplay not being top notch if it's a fun, immersive experience. Sadly CFM continues to lag so far behind every single major sports game today. Add some text messages and make player resigning a bit harder and it's the same since Madden 13.... 7 years ago!

  11. #51
    Freshman
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    26
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NoleFan OS
    I’ve been enjoying M20 a lot. I started a CFM on 7/25 w/ MIA and just completed my 5th regular season (2023). The first few years were a struggle but 2022 and 2023 were both 10-6 campaigns and winning the AFC East. In 2022 we were thumped in the wildcard round by NYJ, 10-41. I’ve yet to play the 2023 wildcard round against PIT. Likely fire that up in a few. I play coach mode on default Pro using Play the Moments exclusively.

    Here’s a look at our schedule and leaders for the 2023 season:

    2023 MIA Dolphins (10-6)
    Week 01 - L 21-29 to BUF
    Week 02 - W 45-30 over NYJ
    Week 03 - W 19-17 over PHI
    Week 04 - L 15-22 to IND
    Week 05 - L 20-26 to NYG (OT)
    Week 06 - L 24-27 to NE
    Week 07 - W 19-17 over BUF
    Week 08 - W 31-28 over KC
    Week 09 - W 11-7 over WAS
    Week 11 - W 24-21 over NYJ
    Week 12 - W 21-14 over NE
    Week 13 - W 36-17 over OAK

    Week 14 - L 16-34 to DAL
    Week 15 - W 38-23 over DEN
    Week 16 - L 13-20 to CLE
    Week 17 - W 27-17 over LAC

    Up Next
    Wildcard Playoff - PIT (9-7) @ MIA (10-6)

    Regular Season Leaders
    Passing
    J. Rosen: 386-588, 4270 YARDS, 29 TD, 12 INT, 37 SACKS

    Rushing
    K. Drake: 326 ATT, 1239 YARDS, 7 TD

    Receiving
    M. Gesicki: 90 REC, 805 YARDS, 5 TD
    K. Stills: 84 REC, 1161 YARDS, 5 TD
    D. Parker: 78 REC, 806 YARDS, 9 TD

    Tackles
    R. McMillan: 108 TAK, 3.0 SACK, 1 INT

    Sacks
    J. Gillislee: 71 TAK, 6.5 SACK, 1 INT

    Interceptions
    J. Baker: 93 TAK, 1.5 SACK, 4 INT
    F. Ballentine: 83 TAK, 0.5 SACK, 4 INT

  12. #52
    Heisman Rudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kingsville, ON
    Posts
    7,294
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: rudyjuly2
    Nice. Glad you are having fun. I still have over 5 hours left in my trial.

  13. #53
    Heisman Rudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kingsville, ON
    Posts
    7,294
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: rudyjuly2
    The sliders don’t seem to do much. They are an embarrassment really. Still can’t believe on a complicated sport like football it has the weakest number of sliders and yet they also feel they needed to have separate save files for user and cpu. That makes no sense, especially since they don’t allow separate in game or franchise sliders for special teams.

    The game is beautiful. Played one more game this morning but the cpu AI is just bad. The sideline awareness is still weak. Sideline smoke or flanker screens are still largely losses. The cpu calls too many of these which is good since it might never miss a pass on default. In cuts and crossing patterns are still too easy.

    I had posted my wide open TD on a RB motion play awhile back. Here is another play where the cpu blitzes heavy and again nobody accounts for the TE. Safety doesn’t even cheat that way at the snap. So much work is needed here and we’ve been saying this for years. It’s worse in some ways this year. Have zero confidence this team will ever commit to fixing offline play.

    To be fair, cpu did run a nice screen and had a really nice move on me.

    I still have 4.5 hours left on my trial. I won’t be purchasing. I also feel the illegal man downfield in RPO is overdone.
    Last edited by Rudy; 08-18-2019 at 08:05 AM.

  14. #54
    Heisman jaymo76's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,089
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: jaymo1976 PSN ID: jaymo12476
    Great to see EA Tiburon has added the double team mechanic and also added OL who now have X FACTOR Traits. That said, what a kick in the teeth that you need to restart your franchise for the changes to take effect.

  15. #55
    Heisman Rudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kingsville, ON
    Posts
    7,294
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: rudyjuly2
    EA hasn’t even updated the rosters properly yet. Miami doesn’t even have their starting MLB in the game. Yes he was an unknown FA from the CFL but Sam Eguavoen has been the starter and their nickel LB. Undersized but they like him. Not even on the roster!

    Surprised you have to restart franchise. Normally you don’t.

    https://www.miamidolphins.com/news/u...miami-dolphins

  16. #56
    All-American Escobar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,381
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Escobar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    EA hasn’t even updated the rosters properly yet. Miami doesn’t even have their starting MLB in the game. Yes he was an unknown FA from the CFL but Sam Eguavoen has been the starter and their nickel LB. Undersized but they like him. Not even on the roster!

    Surprised you have to restart franchise. Normally you don’t.

    https://www.miamidolphins.com/news/u...miami-dolphins
    It's because they changed the default abilities for the o-lineman in the roster and got rid of the one ability they had before. They said your o-lineman you drafted in you existing franchise would be able to earn the new abilities, but I had one who progressed far enough to earn them when they weren't available and never got a prompt to get a new ability.

  17. #57
    Heisman jaymo76's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,089
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: jaymo1976 PSN ID: jaymo12476
    Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    It's because they changed the default abilities for the o-lineman in the roster and got rid of the one ability they had before. They said your o-lineman you drafted in you existing franchise would be able to earn the new abilities, but I had one who progressed far enough to earn them when they weren't available and never got a prompt to get a new ability.
    The last article I read confirmed that a restart is needed to access the new abilities for FUTURE drafted players. It's aggravating as I'm in season three and have a team I like. I just don't see restarting as the amount I play MADDEN has dropped significantly over the years and I just don't see playing another 3+ seasons.

  18. #58
    All-American Escobar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,381
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Escobar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    The last article I read confirmed that a restart is needed to access the new abilities for FUTURE drafted players. It's aggravating as I'm in season three and have a team I like. I just don't see restarting as the amount I play MADDEN has dropped significantly over the years and I just don't see playing another 3+ seasons.
    I restarted becasue of my ocd, but I couldn't use the same team again because there's no way I would be able to build it the same. Which was super frustrating, because it was my Oilers franchise 5 seasons in. Now if I restart I just sim the first two or three seasons and run personnel, because I don't want to waste my time playing the same three seasons over and over.

  19. #59
    All-American Escobar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,381
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Escobar
    Just wondering, do you use sliders in your franchise or default?

  20. #60
    Heisman jaymo76's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,089
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: jaymo1976 PSN ID: jaymo12476
    MADDDEN ONLINE franchise has been down all week. Honest question... would EA execs ever let MUT stay down for 3+ days? I think you know the answer to that. Shameful EA!

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •