Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many hot routes is too many?

• Facebook
  • Display
    Chew clock could be turned on or off by either the user or the cpu during a game. I want a true accelerated clock which is always on and makes clock management more realistic. I normally use 7 minute quarters but I don't feel I should start milking clock until about 3:00 or less because I think it's cheap. If I use a true accelerated clock the game management helps remove that cheap feeling. Madden had it last year so I think this will be a simple but nice addition to NCAA 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Chew clock could be turned on or off by either the user or the cpu during a game. I want a true accelerated clock which is always on and makes clock management more realistic. I normally use 7 minute quarters but I don't feel I should start milking clock until about 3:00 or less because I think it's cheap. If I use a true accelerated clock the game management helps remove that cheap feeling. Madden had it last year so I think this will be a simple but nice addition to NCAA 11.
    OK now that I am on the4 same page, whats the point in using an accelerated clock on 12 min quarters than playing with a normal clock on 7 mins? I think that if you get the same avg number of plays off in 7 mins there is no reason to use an accelerated clock. I myself found no use for this feature. I would just rather play on 7-8 mins quarters that have the clock speeding through 12mins qrtrs just to say I play on 12 min qrtrs.

To me, even though it was a little longer than your standard game, I loved playing 15 minute quarters with 25 sec acceleration on Madden. To me, stats ended up being pretty real, and the game would take maybe 50-55 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    To me, even though it was a little longer than your standard game, I loved playing 15 minute quarters with 25 sec acceleration on Madden. To me, stats ended up being pretty real, and the game would take maybe 50-55 mins.
    is it really that much of a difference than playing 7-8 mins quarters?

I liked the Madden clock system. I played 15 min quarters with 20 or 25 run off I don't remember. I don't mind when people hot route a lot, but I don't think they should be able to have 20+ seconds at the line unless it was a no huddle. Most times in real life the equivalent to the games hot route is a nod or some sort of hand single between the QB and receiver to show they are reading the same thing. Teams may do this a few times every game in the NFL and probably even less in college.

Quote Originally Posted by texacotea View Post
    is it really that much of a difference than playing 7-8 mins quarters?
    It's not so much the difference in total plays but game management. It's not a game killer to not have it for me but it is a nice feature that makes clock management more realistic. How realistic is it for someone to kill off an entire quarter (if you play 5 minutes) or more by stalling and/or running the football? If you use an accelerated clock a long, time consuming drive will still be under one quarter like it should be.

I am all for a good accelerated clock feature. I'd absolutely love to have the ability to realistically play 15 minute quarters. If for no other reason than to eliminate the "cheap" feeling of using Chew Clock too early. Also, I'd like to be able to look at realistic Time of Possession numbers and to look at a Box Score that doesn't show that every score occurred with under 8 minutes to play in the quarter (I used 8 minute quarters in 10).

first i like to hot route once i see the defense and don't like what i see , secondly the only time i hated the accel clock on madden is when I can't find the play I'm looking for. I think there are some hot routes mainly smoke that needs to be in the game.