Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Week 3, 2012

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    I did record it, I've also got my game against Escobar recorded as well. Not sure when I will be able to get them up but I hope soon.
    Did you conveniently not record our game last season?
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

is there anything funnier than watching pitchers try to hit Playoff level major league pitching lol

Quote Originally Posted by fsuprime View Post
    is there anything funnier than watching pitchers try to hit Playoff level major league pitching lol
    The funny thing is the hardest hit ball yesterday against Halladay was by the Cincy reliever.

I'm fairly positive I didn't get the time back. I always pick either 1 hr or 30 min depending on my focus, this guy was a WR and not a highly needed player for next year, I picked 30 min used 2 topics (1 topic and 1 scholly offer) and he committed. When I came back to the screen, I only had 1 hr left, I had 1:30 left before the call.

Interesting, I honestly don't know if you get the time back. I always offer on the last topic. Can anyone else confirm?

Interesting, I honestly don't know if you get the time back. I always offer on the last topic. Can anyone else confirm?
    I've definitely got the time back. I noticed it early on and that's why I always make my scholly offer first. Multiple times I've selected 60 minutes and came out of the call with say 7 hrs and 50 min left.

This would be really dumb but I wonder if you only get the time back if they commit right away and not after you pitch them a couple of things. I can honestly say I have never seen an instant commit after I have pitched them a couple topics. It's usually right when I offer or when I go to make the call and it comes up as instant commit and doesn't even take me into the call screen.

i only offer on the last pitch, so unless its the each insta-commit i dont get time back anyways

I'm with psuexv, I tend to offer for the first pitch and get time back. I have on occasion though waited to offer until I unlocked a Most then offered next. Once it worked and I got a commit (probably would have gotten a commit had I offered earlier too) but each time I got time back.

Speaking of recruiting, I can't wait to battle Oregon.

KingPin what does your weekend look like? Maybe a Saturday night game for us?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Well I "only" need to put in around 52 hours next week (as of now, heh)
    As expected, things changed.

Now I only have like 40-42 hours to put in. Because of how my tasks fall onto the calendar, I'll be going in on Sunday and then taking Wednesday off. Don't ask about why.

I'm keeping in touch with Papa, and right now we're scheduled for tomorrow (Saturday) after the Buckeyes game. We might move it up tonight depending on how both of us feel after he's off work.

As others have more or less said, I know there are times I get the time back. I'm with psuexv that the answer might be Instant Commit on phone call versus Instant Commit on scholarship offer. I know when the player commits out of the blue that I get the time back. I can't say for sure if I get the time back when he commits on offer. I offer my scholarships at random points in the call, but I've only gotten a handful of instants lately, so I'm not sure.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 10-08-2010 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    The funny thing is the hardest hit ball yesterday against Halladay was by the Cincy reliever.
    and giants pitcher just hit a RBI single back up the middle lol

After staring at computer screens all day, I find myself unable to look at the TV without blinking way, way too much. So I'm heading to bed, and Papa and I will play tomorrow after the noon games are done.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    I'm with psuexv, I tend to offer for the first pitch and get time back. I have on occasion though waited to offer until I unlocked a Most then offered next. Once it worked and I got a commit (probably would have gotten a commit had I offered earlier too) but each time I got time back.

Speaking of recruiting, I can't wait to battle Oregon.

KingPin what does your weekend look like? Maybe a Saturday night game for us?
    I'm back at home in Dallas, so I'm not sure about Saturday night as I may be at the Fair, but I should be free most of the day on Sunday. I'll let you know how Saturday night is looking for me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    I'm back at home in Dallas, so I'm not sure about Saturday night as I may be at the Fair, but I should be free most of the day on Sunday. I'll let you know how Saturday night is looking for me though.

No rush KingPin, either way is fine with me.

IronDragon, you are not listed as Ready to Advance. Looks like your recruiting didn't update again.

I don't think I recruited, so I'll do it now.

Ohio State loses a 1 pt game at home, after Texas orchestrates a ridiculously calm 11 play, 80 yard drive that eats up all but :29 of the remaining clock.

Ohio State completely blows a 27-10 lead in the process, coming up essentially empty, except for one FG, after the first possession of the second half.

The #8 Longhorns come back from a 27-10 defecit with 7:05 left in the 3rd to win in the Shoe 31-30.
    Longhorn offense: 509 offensive yards, 0 turnovers
    QB Garrett Gilbert, Sr: 21-30 370 yards 1 TD 0 INT
    RB Chris Whaley, Sr: 19 car 75 yards 3 TD (NCAA career record holder for rushing TDs with 74 with 10 games remaining)
    WR Marquise Goodwin, Sr: 7 rec 167 yards 1 TD
    TE Chris Hall, Fr: 6 rec 90 yards
    WR Darius Terrell, So: 4 rec 65 yards
    WR Mike Davis, So: 2 rec 43 yards
    Longhorn defense: 2-9 3rd down defense, held Buckeyes to 3 points in last 15 minutes of ball game
    OLB Chris Sanders, So: 8 tackles
    CB Bryant Jackson, So: 5 tackles, 3 passes deflected
    DE Alex Okafor, Sr: 1 sack
    Next up: Pac-10 opener vs Oklahoma State in Stillwater, OK....2:30pm central on ABC
    Last edited by Papa LoneStar; 10-09-2010 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa LoneStar View Post
    Longhorn defense: 2-9 3rd down defense
    That is, by far, what killed me.