Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthem

• Facebook
  • Display
    New patch this morning. Just played an hour and got some good loot. I think I’m a level 23 Colossus and I did two missions on hard. Got a level 30 Epic component.

I don’t like the lightning or shock stuff for my special weapons. I like the bombs lol. And one grenade launcher weapon says I can manually detonate but I have no clue how to do that. I prefer a shotgun or grenade launcher that blows things up right away. I used to like the auto cannon but I prefer a heavier machine gun.
    Last edited by Rudy; 03-09-2019 at 01:52 PM.

Forgot to mention, the ability to go right into an expedition instead of having to walk all the way back to your javelin is a nice improvement.

I knocked a few things out today on the Freeplay list. I only have 1 thing left, unlock 15 chests. I’ve unlocked 8 so far. Playing Freeplay on easy helps with all these monotonous tasks. Whomever came up with this needs a stern talking to. It totally broke the flow of the game and I can’t get this done fast enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven’t paid attention to the Free Play list.

This morning got my first masterwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I haven’t paid attention to the Free Play list.

This morning got my first masterwork.

Congrats! I still have a ways to go.

The Freeplay stuff talking about are the tasks I need to complete for the 4 trials.

Ah. The Tombs stuff correct? I’m a level 25 Colossus now. I died in Freeplay and while you aren’t supposed to lose your loot I swear it doesn’t pop up right away sometimes. I don’t know what the vault is for. It looks just like my inventory at the Forge.

Anthem

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Ah. The Tombs stuff correct? I’m a level 25 Colossus now. I died in Freeplay and while you aren’t supposed to lose your loot I swear it doesn’t pop up right away sometimes. I don’t know what the vault is for. It looks just like my inventory at the Forge.
    Yeah, the 4 tombs. I have 3 done and only need unlock more chests for the last one. I’m level 18 now but that’s primarily due to me taking a hiatus when the bricking news came out and me playing Freeplay on easy so I can solo events. If I can do 2 world events a night, I can start advancing the story again by Friday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like the World Events but the biggest difference between them and Destiny's is that you often do them solo. I've rarely done one with outsider help since there are only 4 of you in the world on a large map. I did Freeplay this morning on Hard and I did die since I ran into a ton of trouble by myself. Missions are much easier.

Gonna have to try a flame thrower to serve as my Primer. Right now I'm just loaded with detonators.

And the Vault is just your inventory. Only difference is you can mass salvage things.
    Last edited by Rudy; 03-11-2019 at 10:36 AM.

I guess there are over 10,000 upvotes on a Reddit thread from people wanting to boycott Anthem for a week since they are upset at the loot drops. Wow. These must be the high end, power user, loot shooter people. I was excited to get that Masterwork this morning. My loot seems pretty good.

Second masterwork!

I do think the game lacks in customization. For Honor was way better. I’d love to have more vinyl outfits to buy. A lot of the stuff doesn’t look that good and is expensive. I’ve purchase one thing with in game currency.

Did encounter another bug in a Brin mission. Got to the end but if you kill the Boss before the dialogue ends the mission won't complete. I don't know how easy this Boss was but I just flew in and it was already dead and we just stood around waiting. I googled the bug and found that if we all drowned ourselves we could finish. The others just left but I flew into the water until my oxygen meter was out and then I died, respawned and the mission closed. There are too many bugs.

I didn't even realize I could die being under water. I've never really explored much underwater and it seems like a wasted opportunity in the game.

You can drown? I had no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    You can drown? I had no idea.

Me either until I read that. The oxygen meter is pale and hard to see when you go under. It lasts longer than the over heating when flying so I had to stay under for like a minute.

I didn’t realize I had to complete challenges on weapons to unlock blueprints. I still think they happen randomly but I’m not sure.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...-inscriptions/

Did Heart of Rage Stronghold and responses behind a wall and we couldn’t get back in. Eventually all 4 of us got trapped until we found some lava to kill ouselves to get back inside. On Hard it WAS hard. Got crazy loot though. EA needs to fix the kill yourself requird bugs in the game.

They should let you buy blue prints.

Saw an interesting suggestion that they should offer different melee and Ultimate abilities. I can definitely see Ultimate gear as being added down the road.

I’m dying for a Masterwork Shotgun.

I don’t see why their store only sells one set of gear for one javelin at a time. All javelins should be offered. I still don’t see enough customization and cool things for my Colossus.

The community manager responded to a lot of the complaints: https://www.pcgamer.com/anthem-commu...-here-to-stay/

I do think the customization has been weak on the javelins. And while I don't encounter bugs that often, they really suck when you get stuck on a mission. Two missions the entire team had to either drown themselves (I did not even see the oxygen meter initially) or burn themselves in lava to continue. Hopefully these all get addressed.

I'd still like the ability to buy blueprints too. While I have gotten 4 Masterwork weapons in the last 3 days (I'm almost level 30 Colossus!) I'd love to get a Shotgun one instead of a Grenade Launcher (which I do like). I think the ability to buy a blueprint should be limited to the max level of gear/component you currently have (or maybe 10 higher than current level) to avoid pay to win although does that really hurt anyone when it's just PVE?

I am still having fun with the game. Not sure if I will run out of missions or not. I think they should unlock old missions to redo imo.

https://youtu.be/FfkXRGOSBqI

Finally got a Colossus MW component. I’ve got 3 or 4 MW guns that are the same! I even got a Storm MW component which shouldn’t happen if I’m using my Colossus imo.

https://twitter.com/rudyjuly2/status...221305346?s=21
    Last edited by Rudy; 03-15-2019 at 07:08 AM.

This component is awesome. Much better than my MW guns imo. You can see the improvement. The level cap is 30 but my power is 480 or so now (the 460 was due to a slot unequipped). Have done a couple missions on Gran Master 1 difficulty.

Last edited by Rudy; 03-15-2019 at 08:08 AM.