Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Anthem

• Facebook
  • Display
    The game should be on sale this week to help. That said physical copies are dirt cheap. Amazon has one for $18C. $20 at BB.
    Last edited by Rudy; 08-06-2019 at 07:16 PM.

I’m still hella salty about Andromeda post-release support. I’m seeing a lot of parallels with Anthem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played for about an hour or so this morning. Loot does seem better. Got a Legendary and a bunch of MW items. I used to always play with Colossus but it feels so clunky and slow now. Went back to Interceptor. I played a normal Stronghold but on GM2 and it was really nice. A stiffer challenge but not too hard like before. Felt really good. I had tried to do some free play that has Cataclysm events but didn’t want to wait for the timer. So I did a main Cataclysm event.

Main Cataclysm is timed. What I did this morning had three stages (is there more or different ones I don’t know). I did it on GM1. I had no clue what I was doing but it’s a new map with some cool stuff. One area I didn’t know how to find a safe zone. Other area I didn’t know what to do with echoes. Last board was a good boss fight. I’m sure I will learn as it was confusing. But fun and got a Leggo!

Good stuff so far.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I’m still hella salty about Andromeda post-release support. I’m seeing a lot of parallels with Anthem.

I know you loved Andromeda. Personally I like Anthem a lot more. I probably only played 10+ hours of Andromeda but I love how I can just jump in and fight in Anthem. All the NPCs and other things just bored me in MEA and I like the combat more in Anthem too. Plus the worlds weren't alive in MEA. You could drive for awhile and there was nothing. So everything was a destination while in Anthem anywhere you go you can find stuff or fight things.

There is a lot of new content with Cataclysm but I’m still completely confused how to do some things. The Cataclysm will hit and you have to find a safe zone or die but I don’t know where they are. One board has 5 echoes you need to get with some underwater but it’s also a puzzle or something. I think you have to put them in the right spot or a certain order. I don’t know. I am not a fan of puzzles in multiplayer while things are trying to kill you. It’s one reason I hated the Sunken stronghold and never play it. And it can be hard to find your way to the next spot in the Cataclysm challenge. I’m sure I will learn it but the game doesn’t help you.

This may help.

I really don’t like the obsession the Anthem team has with puzzles. They added more in the Sunken stronghold and the Cataclysm is annoying that way too. I just want to enjoy the combat and the puzzles detract from that.

I don’t like all the puzzles but here is a good guide. New weapons are in the game now.

I’d love to give this game another go. It was really fun but it didn’t fit into my busy work schedule and once the player base died, there was no hope for me even finishing the campaign, let alone do high-level raids.
    https://youtu.be/IEPQB94VUD4

There is talk of a major reboot coming. But they don’t know how it will roll out. Just saw an article on it somewhere.

I haven’t played it since getting NBA 2K and the new Shell stuff.

There is talk of a major reboot coming. But they don’t know how it will roll out. Just saw an article on it somewhere.

I haven’t played it since getting NBA 2K and the new Shell stuff.

The game was flat-out fun. I enjoyed it. But I was crippled by not being able to find help when I needed it and the only way I was going to beat the game solo was on easy but the drop rates for good gear were terrible at that level. But I’m so far back, purple gear was still useful to me.

The game will currently continue "as-is," but Anthem Next (major update) is cancelled to focus on other titles in the studio. The game is basically dead, unfortunately.

So unfortunate. I really liked the game. It was legitimately fun. I hope done of the mechanics spill over into the next Mass Effect game.

lol EA killing another "ever green" live service title. they made bucks with a substandard product duped fans promising more then cya.

I had forgotten until reading articles they pulled devs and support for Mass Effect Andromeda to work on Anthem. Now they are bailing on Anthem to work on other titles. What a vicious cycle.