Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Recruiting Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    ill have week 6 and 7 to secure a commitment with a visit in week 6 so i think i have a good shot, UF somehow got my top mlb prospect to soft commit though

[espnu150][5star]SS (#2) Ross Rogers 6'3 195 Lbs Greenwood, MS

FSU lands a huge target at a huge position of need. With only 1 player returning next year the noles were looking for an instant impact player and they got one. Rogers reminds FSU coaches of former miami safety kenny phillips with his height, speed and tenacity.

Spd B+
    ACC B+
    AGI C+
    CTH C+
    CIT C+
    Tackle B+
    MCV C
    ZCV C+
    PRC B-
    HPW B-
    Pursuit B-
    STR B-
    JMP B-
    BLKSHD B-

Quote Originally Posted by fsuprime View Post
    [espnu150][5star]SS (#2) Ross Rogers 6'3 195 Lbs Greenwood, MS

FSU lands a huge target at a huge position of need. With only 1 player returning next year the noles were looking for an instant impact player and they got one. Rogers reminds FSU coaches of former miami safety kenny phillips with his height, speed and tenacity.

Spd B+
    ACC B+
    AGI C+
    CTH C+
    CIT C+
    Tackle B+
    MCV C
    ZCV C+
    PRC B-
    HPW B-
    Pursuit B-
    STR B-
    JMP B-
    BLKSHD B-

SOB!!!!

u cant expect to try to start recruiting a 5* with a user in a huge lead starting in week 6 and get him lol

Quote Originally Posted by fsuprime View Post
    u cant expect to try to start recruiting a 5* with a user in a huge lead starting in week 6 and get him lol
    I've been hitting him every week but just couldn't make up the ground. Of course I haven't been giving him the time I wanted to as he's about 15 on my list.

Last week was the biggest point gain for you, I went from 300 to 500 behind, so I threw the schollie out there to try and save it. Guess it didn't happen. I didn't get a chance to log on to see if I actually gained any points on you... did you notice how many I was behind?

not really, it never looked like u were even a threat at all, i had him #1 and he got 60 minutes each week, plus mississippi is a pipeline for me,

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    => 280 points ... half of my targets ... average is a 550 point lead.
    < 280 points ... the other half of my board ... average is an 8 point lead.
    Okay, so with so many recruiting visits last week, this has taken an even more interesting turn.

Here are my lead/behind point totals right now:
    1, 1, 1, -1, -1
    380, 440, 700, 740, 780, 780, 900

So ... weird.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I hope next week I get some commits, cause I'm tired of being in first place and getting nothing.

i hoping to get 5 this week, but most likely will get like 2 lol

I am hoping for atleast 5 as well.

[espnu150][4star]MLB (#3) Wali Powell 6'0 225 lbs Roswell, GA

Wali had given a verbal commitment to the gators on a visit to hogtown the week before, but was blown away by his trip to Tallahassee and committed on the spot. Wali can play inside or outside for FSU

He chose FSU over UF and Bama

Spd B
    ACC B-
    AGI C
    TKL C+
    PRC C+
    BLKS C+
    PRST B
    STR B-
    HPWR B

[espnu150][4star]FS (#1) Patrick Bowen 6'3 205 lbs Atmore, AL
    Patrick rounds out a stellar safety recruiting class for the noles, he possesses the speed to take away the deep ball and the strength to punish receivers over the middle and will look to challenge 2 freshman for the starting spot next season.

Spd A
    ACC B
    AGI B+
    TKL B
    MCV C+
    ZCV C+
    PRC B-
    HPWR B-
    CTCH C
    PRST B-
    STR C+

[3star]K (#1) Darryl Edwards 5'11 216 lbs Druid Hills, GA

Darryl is the 2nd #1 player at his position to sign with the noles and will start right away at kicker and punter. He was pursued heavily by Miami and Texas but his heart was with his childhood favorite.
    KPW B-
    KAC B-

Scott Kuhnhein (né James Riley)
    #3 T [4star] [espnu150] #42 OVR
    Beachwood, OH
    6'2" 282 lbs
    Balanced

Expected to quickly cement himself as a contributer on the offensive line, Kuhnhein was thought to be an easy Ohio State commitment until a late rush by neighbor West Virginia. The atmosphere of Ohio Stadium and the impressive campus facilities were the deciding factors in his recruitment.

( The real Scott Kuhnhein came to Ohio State with impressive measurables, and went on to earn three varsity letters with the Buckeyes. )

Nate Clements (né Kenny West)
    #2 CB [4star] [espnu150] #52 OVR
    Dallas, TX
    6'2" 181 lbs
    Hard Hitter

Like Kuhnhein, Nate Clements was impressed by the facilities of Ohio State, especially the RPAC, the largest student athletic center in the country. Most talking heads were surprised by this commitment to the Buckeyes, because Clements was also pursued by Texas and TCU. But Ohio State has just enough presence in the great state of Texas to persuade this impressive player to wear scarlet and gray.

( In real life, Nate Clements was a top defensive back prospect out of high school, with 7 INTs as a senior. Clements was a three year letterman and two-year starter in Columbus before leaving early for the NFL Draft. Clements can still be seen on Sundays wearing the red and gold of the 49ers, and signed the highest contract for a defensive player in NFL history in 2007. )

Kenny Peterson (né Jarrett Douglas)
    #7 DE [4star] [espnu150] #101 OVR
    Miamisburg, OH
    6'1" 223 lbs
    Run Stopper

Peterson is expected to bring immediate contributions to a defensive line that is still recovering from the graduations of Matt Finkes and Mike Vrabel. Peterson does need to improve his top end speed, but brings all the other physical tools expected from a Buckeye lineman, and is above average in those areas for his age. Peterson chose the Buckeyes over Notre Dame and Missouri.

( In real life, Kenny Peterson was an absolute rock in the middle of the Ohio State national championship team. Peterson was the top defensive end prospect in the nation as a senior, and went on to gain three Ohio State letters. He only started one season, which was at defensive tackle. But his talents garnered a 3rd round draft pick the following April. )

LeCharles Bentley (né Thomas Brown)
    #5 C [4star] [espnu150] #109 OVR
    Beachwood, OH
    6'2" 282 lbs
    Balanced

LeCharles Bentley looks to be the next great Ohio State center, following in the footsteps of current starter Kurt Murphy. Bentley is expected to redshirt next season and then backup Murphy for his senior season before taking over in 2014.

( In real life LeCharles Bentley came to Columbus as a top Ohio prospect. He first committed to be a Spartan, then a Hoosier, before finally settling on the Buckeyes. He went on to be a four-year letterman and three-year starter for the scarlet and gray. Bentley earned the Rimington Award in 2001. He would start 57 games in the NFL before suffering a injury on the first play of 11-on-11 contract drills in 2006. Bentley had been the highest paid free agent that season to boot. Bentley can now be seen on the Big Ten Network. )

Willie "Cie" Grant (né Ray Willis)
    #5 OLB [4star] [espnu150] #122 OVR
    North Bend, OR
    6'3" 218 lbs
    Run Stopper

( Cie Grant ... my oh my. Grant had 100 tackles his senior year of high school, and, depending on your source, was either expected to be a linebacker or defensive back (I guess safety?) in college. Oh, he played quarterback in high school too. Grant became a starter in 2001 after becoming the backup linebacker during spring ball, but then asking coaches to be moved to cornerback in the fall. He only had ten starts and 3 picks. Grant would then move back to linebacker for the 2002 season and brought the pressure in the 2003 Fiesta Bowl that forced Ken Dorsey's final incomplete pass. He also performed a stirring rendition of the alma mater, Carmen Ohio, at the Ohio State 14-0 celebration. )

Last edited by JeffHCross; 10-29-2010 at 09:23 PM.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Penn State got an hard commit from a much needed position. Cornerback David Poole had a change of heart and decided he would spend the next 4 years in Happy Valley. David felt that the staff at PSU and the current depth chart gave PSU the bump up. He was also blown away with how well the Lions have played recently. Trips to USC, Texas, and OSU and to be 3-0 in those games says something about the staff that is for sure.

#1 CB David Poole [epsnu150] [4star]

* Height: 6'0"
    * Weight: 168 lbs
    * Hometown: North College Hi, OH
    * Tendency: Balanced
    * Top 3 Schools: #1 Penn State, #2 Michigan, #3 Texas

Speed A-
    Agility B-
    Acceleration A
    Tackle D
    Hit Power C-
    Pursuit C+
    Play Recognition B+
    Man Coverage B-
    Zone Coverage B+
    Press B-

David should be able to come in and compete for the Dime packages here at PSU this year. With some of the talent we have returning next year he might be hard pressed to bring into the first team, but he should find his footing with the second teamers and dime packages.

David has great top end speed and a really good burst as well. One thing the staff liked was his ability to read the play. With David, the one thing the staff wants to work on when he gets on campus is his strength and tackling. All things that should be easy to work on, and given the dedication we have already seen from David there is no concern that he won't do what is needed from him.
    Last edited by psusnoop; 10-15-2010 at 12:44 PM.

Penn State just picked up a Juco DT from VA.

[3star] Terry Jean

* Height: 6'3"
    * Weight: 281 lbs
    * Hometown: Lincolnia, VA
    * Tendency: Pass Rusher
    * Top 3 Schools: #1 Penn State, #2 Miami, #3 Virginia Tech

Terry will help fill in some depth for the Lions next year in a position of need. Right now there doesn't seem to be the rotation at DT that many are accustomed to at Penn State. Terry could RS next year, but everything points to him being a situational player right from the start.

* Power Moves
    B+
    * Finesse Moves
    C
    * Block Shedding
    C+

Just an FYI, JUCO transfers sit out a year before they are available.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    Just an FYI, JUCO transfers sit out a year before they are available.
    Terry actually was just recruited and signed a letter of intent for PSU. I need depth on the interior of my Dline so with only spending 10 minutes on him all year and getting a commit I was not unhappy to say the least. I still have a [4star] DT that is in my sights but Pitt is standing in the way right now. Actually I have been battling PITT a ton in recruiting battles which is freaking awesome. Last year it was 4 guys, I got 3 of them and this year I have about 3 that have Pitt #1 and I'm hoping I can turn the tide through negative recruiting and land both of them.

I've picked up a few juco sophomores....and automatically redshirted them....makes me feel like I'm getting the most of out them if I do....well....except one....my starting strong safety didn't redshirt....but my starting WLB was a juco....and I believe I have another one as a 3rd string OLB that came in as a MLB.

Yeah that is what Jeff was telling me. My starting RDE had to sit last year, I beat out PSU for him the year before. He's the only JUCO I've has thus far however.

I have 4 now after Terry signed. I have two MLB's that are Juco's. They fill the depth chart nicely and play very well on special teams which is nice.