Thread: Games Played (2018)

• Facebook
  • Display

Games Played (2018)

Use this thread and edit as needed any (new to you) games played this year. It should help you keep track of what you’ve played, what you finished, and what were your favorites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Games Played (2018)

Uncharted 4 (PS4)- - -Finished
    Uncharted:The Lost Legacy (PS4)- - -Finished
    Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4)
    Madden 18 (PS4)

Last edited by souljahbill; 02-07-2018 at 11:07 PM.

AC Origins

LA Noire Remastered

Guild 2 Renaissance (picked it up for $10 on steam winter sale)

I will also say that I downloaded the demo for Dragon Quest Builders for the kids (on Switch). I will be buying the game for them (but also for me... it's a lot of fun and reminds me of the good old days on the original Nintendo with Dragon Warrior.

None.

Edit: Still none.
    Last edited by steelerfan; 02-06-2018 at 03:06 PM.

UC Lost Legacy. Really enjoyed it. 9-10 hours of UC fun. May fire up UC4 again now.
    Witcher 3 Complete Edition. Second attempt at it and it’s still meh. Bland colour scheme and mediocre combat. Going to give up again and learn my lesson to not reattempt games.
    NBA 2K18. Still enjoy the today games. Eventually I need to start a franchise.

36 Fragments of Midnight- 2 Easy Plats on the cheap - but a fun little indy game

Mecho Tales Vita - another easy plat fun little shooter/platformer

Hidden Agenda - great little interactive movie game need to go back for the plat

Beach Buggy Racing - a kart racer decent gameplay but the tracks get pretty repetitive but a good break from the story grind

Uncharted Lost Legacy - the "final" in the UC series did not disappoint

Stikbold! - indy dodgeball game on PSNow
    Minecraft Story Mode Season 1 - Just another easy from Telltale

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - Director's Cut- outstanding little old school platformer with very deep moves/controls and is quite difficult but fair to beat. REALLY enjoyed this one.

Active Soccer 2DX - little indy soccer title that would get sued like NCAA if anyone was watching - dominated with Roomey and Pojba of Manchester Reds

Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice - Started it but need to go back to it when no one is around and I have time

Gal Gun Double Peace - a ridiculous rail shooter with Japanese anime girls and "Euphoria" - don't know if I'll go back to it or not as the gameplay thus far is really simple and the story is bizarre
    Last edited by CLW; 02-15-2018 at 12:34 PM.

I'll probably not finish most of these

So far...

NBA Live 18 - been playing the hell out of Live Run, loving it this year.

PUBG - finally getting to see first hand what all the buzz is about

Sims 4 - came out for PS4 finally late last year and having a blast with it.

Cuphead - lots of buzz and rightfully so, it's a great (and difficult) game.

South Park: The Stick Of Truth - got the Fractured But Whole for Christmas, it came with the first game so tackling that first.

Call Of Duty: WWII - Best CoD in a while.
    The dude abides.

Added Monster Hunter World to the fold last night. The whole system takes some getting used to, but I can see why it's getting high marks.
    The dude abides.

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - Director's Cut is a fun little old school platformer if anyone has that Mario Brothers itch. Its fairly difficult but fair. The game is really pretty and the soundtrack is great.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I'll probably not finish most of these

So far...

Sims 4 - came out for PS4 finally late last year and having a blast with it.
    I don't own it but I played the EA ACCESS version and yeah... it's a lot of fun. However they really try to gouge you with the cost and amount of DLC.

Games Played (2018)

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Uncharted 4 (PS4)- - -Finished
    Uncharted:The Lost Legacy (PS4)- - -Finished
    Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4)
    Madden 18 (PS4)

This is literally the entire list of “new to me” games that I played in 2018. I spent the majority of the year replaying through NCAA Football 14, Mass Effect Andromeda, and Animal Crossing Pocket Camp on mobile (with Rock Band 4 and Fire Emblem Echoes sprinkled in.) I didn’t buy or play a single game released in 2018. I did play the Madden 19 Beta but that’s the extent of my “new” game playing. So, I have no 2018 game of the year based on 2018 releases. Of the games that were new to me, my list of favorites is that exact order I’m quoting. Uncharted 4 was my favorite of that lot and I liked Lost Legacies more that Horizon Zero Dawn. For $20, Madden 18 was good but that was primarily because I was emotionally invested into Longshot. In terms of Madden itself, all it did was remind me just how much not having an NCAA football game hurts my soul.

2019 will be different. I’ll be getting a Switch for the new Animal Crossing game, the new Fire Emblem game, and I really want Pokémon Let’s Go: Eevee.

Last edited by souljahbill; 01-01-2019 at 06:21 AM.

I forgot I played UC Lost Legacy this year.

I can’t even remember everything but God of War and Detroit Become Human were games I loved and two of the best games this generation.

RDR2 had some fun moments but I have fallen away. Spider-Man is fun and disappointing at the same time. The game has good music, decent but not special graphics, makes you feel like Spiderman but is FAR to loaded with fetch quests and collectables.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider was disappointing too. Just nowhere near enough combat and action. Really devalued the RPG elements as a result. Nothing special about the story.

NBA Playgrounds is fun but it’s not that great imo. I think there needs to be more help for defence and 3 pointers are too hard. I don’t know how much ratings really matter when I’m throwing down monster jams with Chris Paul who has a 26 for dunking.

The only sports game I bothered with is 2K19. I liked 18 more which was more offensive. 19 has brick walls for defence, tons of steal attempts and took way more slider adjustments this year. The biggest change was how much stronger the defence is. The few improvements that are improved are pump fakes actually work sometimes this year and not broken. Also defences will double team the hot hand more now and you get mismatches on some switches on screens. Franchise mode has much improved draft day trade AI but it’s still way too cheap to sign veterans rate in the 70s. You can sign almost any player for a spot starter or good bench for $2-$4M a year. Too easy. Overall I’m happy with it despite the need for major slider adjustments.

Almost forgot that I rebought and finished HZD. Much better the second time around for me. I accepted what the game was and also dropped down to Easy. Enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Almost forgot that I rebought and finished HZD. Much better the second time around for me. I accepted what the game was and also dropped down to Easy. Enjoyed it.
    Yeah. It’s way more fun with the challenge knocked down. How they expect people to kill 2 if those mole machines or 2 of those T-Rex looking machines at the sane time on a harder difficulty is beyond me.

I haven’t finished all the DLC but I think I’m done. Without the lure of the main story I don’t care as much and I don’t think it’s as good as the main story. Some day I may go back and try a NG+ game. Both HZD and GOW may get replayed that way. I may give Normal a try lol.

I believe the only 2018 release that I own is FIFA 19.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I believe the only 2018 release that I own is FIFA 19.
    Need to start playing it again. Man City beating Liverpool today could be my inspiration.

Played numerous games this year but I always come back to Rocket League. Never have I played something that constantly has me playing one more game. My Xbox One X shot craps on me last night when I was playing RDR2. A few days after the MS two year warranty expired. Have had some power issues, so it could have been on my end. Replaced the console and the surge protector. Not much I can do about the crappy electric company. As much as I love the all digital future, having everything installed on the consoles hard drive was a mistake. Going to get an external HD to store all the big games because re-downloading some of these games is going to take days.

I did enjoy my time playing Fallout 76 with Jaymo. The game was super disappointing but playing it with him made it tolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Yeah. It’s way more fun with the challenge knocked down. How they expect people to kill 2 if those mole machines or 2 of those T-Rex looking machines at the sane time on a harder difficulty is beyond me.
    I don't consider myself an expert gamer but I played through the game and DLC on hard and while there were some difficulty spikes it was manageable. Just need to use the right tools for the different machines. Also having the Shield Weaver Armor is a game changer. Turns you into a damn tank. Without that I might have gone back to normal difficulty for parts of the DLC.