Turned on for the first time in I don't know how long to watch "regular" ESPN programming. They put a panel of 3 people who have no known expertise in college football and 2 SEC homers (Finebaum and Booger) to "debate" who the committee should put in as the #4 team. They all acted like it was not even close and would get in over

Honestly, its the closest and most interesting debate ever on a college sports tourny field. To me its a coin toss.

On one hand, I think would defeat in a mythical play-in game in a close contest. Last I checked Vegas agrees and would have Alabama as a 3 point favorite.

On the other hand, if the teams are that close they must be deemed "comparable" and therefore the committee is REQUIRED to weigh heavily conference championships (also head-to-head and common opponents which are inapplicable here).

As a fan I don't want to see the Buckeyes again after the flag plant game and would thus prefer Alabama to make it

As a person that wants 8 teams (5 conference championships, 1 team from Group of 5, 2 at-large by computers/Vegas) does Alabama not making it make that closer to reality or does 2 SEC teams thus leaving 2 Power 5 Conferences out (the Big 10 and Pac 12) make it more likely to happen? Honestly I think either way this season pushes us closer to the field expanding.

IF I were a Committee Member I would vote for to go in over Alabama as the 4 seed.