View Poll Results: Who wins SB LII?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eagles

    2 40.00%
  • Patriots

    3 60.00%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 110

Thread: 2017 NFL Season Talk

  1. #1
    Administrator JBHuskers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    35,250
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: JBHuskers PSN ID: JBHuskers Steam ID: 76561198035858888 JBHuskers's Nintendo Network ID: JBHuskers JBHuskers's OriginID: JBHuskers

    2017 NFL Season Talk

    It's here!!!!

    The dude abides.

  2. #2
    Administrator JBHuskers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    35,250
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: JBHuskers PSN ID: JBHuskers Steam ID: 76561198035858888 JBHuskers's Nintendo Network ID: JBHuskers JBHuskers's OriginID: JBHuskers
    And here are my "fearless" predictions....

    AFC EAST AFC NORTH AFC SOUTH AFC WEST
    1. New England 1. Pittsburgh 1. Tennessee 1. Los Angeles
    2. Buffalo 2. Cincinnati * 2. Houston * 2. Denver
    3. Miami 3. Baltimore 3. Indianapolis 3. Oakland
    4. New York 4. Cleveland 4. Jacksonville 4. Kansas City
    NFC EAST NFC NORTH NFC SOUTH NFC WEST
    1. Dallas 1. Green Bay 1. Atlanta 1. Seattle
    2. New York 2. Minnesota 2. Tampa Bay * 2. Arizona
    3. Philadelphia 3. Chicago 3. New Orleans * 3. Los Angeles
    4. Washington 4. Detroit 4. Carolina 4. San Francisco


    WILD CARD

    Houston d. Los Angeles
    Tennessee d. Cincinnati
    Dallas d. New Orleans
    Tampa Bay d. Seattle

    DIVISIONAL

    New England d. Houston
    Pittsburgh d. Tennessee
    Green Bay d. Tampa Bay
    Atlanta d. Dallas

    CONFERENCE

    New England d. Pittsburgh
    Atlanta d. Green Bay

    SUPER BOWL 52

    Atlanta d. New England
    The dude abides.

  3. #3
    Administrator JBHuskers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    35,250
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: JBHuskers PSN ID: JBHuskers Steam ID: 76561198035858888 JBHuskers's Nintendo Network ID: JBHuskers JBHuskers's OriginID: JBHuskers
    Oddly enough, I'm predicting a rematch and payback for ATL.
    The dude abides.

  4. #4
    Heisman Rudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kingsville, ON
    Posts
    7,292
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: rudyjuly2
    Still no love for Miami! I think Miami does better than Buffalo who seems to be tanking this year. I see Detroit being better than Chicago.

    I think the AFC West and NFC South are the most balanced divisions with anything that could happen. The NFC East should be interesting too.

  5. #5
    Madden Curse still going strong! Stick a Patriot or Cowboy player on the cover every year.

    Brady was 16-36 (45% QBR) and it was his 5th worst game as a starter. Kudos to the fine folks at EA!

  6. #6
    Heisman Rudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kingsville, ON
    Posts
    7,292
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: rudyjuly2
    I'll take a Patriots loss any day! Andy Reid is under appreciated so much. Philly should have never let him go. I realize it sucks when a coach "only" brings you to conference championships every year. Clearly any coach that doesn't win a Super Bowl in less than 10 years should be fired lol.

  7. #7
    Hall of Fame SmoothPancakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    16,441
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Smooth Pancakes PSN ID: SmoothPancakes Steam ID: smoothpancakes SmoothPancakes's OriginID: SmoothPancakes


    Posted With Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Booster steelerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    15,381
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: steelerfan1933 Steam ID: steelerfan1933
    Lol Tex-Anns.

    Ugly win for Pittsburgh but I liked seeing TJ Watt go off. Can't wait to wear my black and gold Watt jersey in Houston.
    Last edited by steelerfan; 09-11-2017 at 12:47 AM.

  9. #9
    Booster steelerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    15,381
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: steelerfan1933 Steam ID: steelerfan1933
    Hmm. I guess this award is fixed and Jeremy Fowler let the cat out of the bag.

  10. #10
    Heisman Rudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kingsville, ON
    Posts
    7,292
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: rudyjuly2
    Lawrence Timmons went awol on Miami Saturday. Not playing today. Not sure what happened.

  11. #11
    Heisman Rudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kingsville, ON
    Posts
    7,292
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: rudyjuly2
    Timmons suspended indefinitely by Miami. Miami now trades for LB. I think Timmons is cut and I see a fight over that FULLY guaranteed contract for two years. Still don't know why Timmons took off and was found by cops Sunday morning in the airport. Caught everyone off guard. Don't know if it was a fight with his family or anger or depression. Doesn't sound like it was related to his role on the team as he was expected to start and play a lot.

  12. #12
    Booster steelerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    15,381
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: steelerfan1933 Steam ID: steelerfan1933
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Timmons suspended indefinitely by Miami. Miami now trades for LB. I think Timmons is cut and I see a fight over that FULLY guaranteed contract for two years. Still don't know why Timmons took off and was found by cops Sunday morning in the airport. Caught everyone off guard. Don't know if it was a fight with his family or anger or depression. Doesn't sound like it was related to his role on the team as he was expected to start and play a lot.
    He was at Steelers practice the Friday before Pittsburgh's opener (of course, he had evacuated). I read that he is unhappy with the Dolphins organization (not everyone can be Pittsburgh). Sounds like he may just regret leaving the Steelers?

  13. #13
    Heisman jaymo76's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,089
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: jaymo1976 PSN ID: jaymo12476
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Hmm. I guess this award is fixed and Jeremy Fowler let the cat out of the bag.
    Don't let Ram see this... lol

  14. #14
    Hall of Fame SmoothPancakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    16,441
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Smooth Pancakes PSN ID: SmoothPancakes Steam ID: smoothpancakes SmoothPancakes's OriginID: SmoothPancakes
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Don't let Ram see this... lol
    Speaking of Nostradumbass, I found out what he's been up to lately.

    In the words of Samuel L. Jackson's character in Jurassic Park, hold onto your butts. We're going down the fucking rabbit hole of all rabbit holes.

    He ain't the owner of the blog, but from the week 1 and week 2 posts, he is a frequent commenter and apparently has graduated from claiming injuries are faked to pulling random numbers out of his ass as justifications for why games are rigged in one team's favor. Still quite unsuccessfully it would appear.

    http://upsidedowntruthnfl.blogspot.com/?m=1

    Posted With Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Booster steelerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    15,381
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: steelerfan1933 Steam ID: steelerfan1933
    The only formula that makes sense after looking at that site:

    QBs Birthdate + Head Coach Losses - Franchise Wins = Pathetic Chronic Masturbators in Momma's Basement

    That shit is BEYOND idiotic. Good find, Smooth!

  16. #16
    Heisman Rudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kingsville, ON
    Posts
    7,292
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: rudyjuly2
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    He was at Steelers practice the Friday before Pittsburgh's opener (of course, he had evacuated). I read that he is unhappy with the Dolphins organization (not everyone can be Pittsburgh). Sounds like he may just regret leaving the Steelers?
    That sounds the most logical but there was talk of him seeing a doctor or having a personal issue. Either way, you can't just take off and tell nobody. He's a veteran that knows this business. He got a 2 year $12M contract that was pretty much fully guaranteed but this suspension probably nullifies some of that and they can go after the signing bonus. Sounds like Gase doesn't like or believe his reasons and is super pissed.

    They have done a good job of keeping things quiet. I'd like to know more but after trading for Anthony I think he is done in Miami. The Dolphins cap after having paid Cutler $10M+ this season is not going to be in great shape moving forward. Their secondary is still slow and their LBs are still bad. Signing Alonso to all that money along with Branch at DE were mistakes too imo.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Better there than here.

  18. #18
    Booster steelerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    15,381
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: steelerfan1933 Steam ID: steelerfan1933
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    That sounds the most logical but there was talk of him seeing a doctor or having a personal issue. Either way, you can't just take off and tell nobody. He's a veteran that knows this business. He got a 2 year $12M contract that was pretty much fully guaranteed but this suspension probably nullifies some of that and they can go after the signing bonus. Sounds like Gase doesn't like or believe his reasons and is super pissed.

    They have done a good job of keeping things quiet. I'd like to know more but after trading for Anthony I think he is done in Miami. The Dolphins cap after having paid Cutler $10M+ this season is not going to be in great shape moving forward. Their secondary is still slow and their LBs are still bad. Signing Alonso to all that money along with Branch at DE were mistakes too imo.
    Whatever the case, hopefully he gets his head straight. He was always dependable and was a good citizen in Pittsburgh.

    I agree though, it appears his days in Miami are over.

  19. #19
    Heisman Rudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kingsville, ON
    Posts
    7,292
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: rudyjuly2
    They are saying they won't comment on it publicly. They also said the trade for Anthony was in works before this. Maybe he still comes back but he is out this week. Still don't know why he took of to the airport and told nobody.

    Hopefully he is ok mentally. Could be scary to himself and family.

  20. #20
    Booster steelerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    15,381
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: steelerfan1933 Steam ID: steelerfan1933
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    They are saying they won't comment on it publicly. They also said the trade for Anthony was in works before this. Maybe he still comes back but he is out this week. Still don't know why he took of to the airport and told nobody.

    Hopefully he is ok mentally. Could be scary to himself and family.
    I read he was flying to PA to see his daughter. Who knows why?

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •