Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: NASCAR 2011: The Game

• Facebook
  • Display
    I started the download before leaving this morning. It's a couple hundred MB. 255 IIRC...

After the success of the Xbox 360 'Race with the Developers' Community Event, we had a lot of requests from PlayStation 3 fans asking us to run a PS3 Race with the Developers Event

So on Wednesday 5th October at 1pm EST we'll be running the first 'Race with the Developers' Community Event on PlayStation 3.

You'll be able to race with Ice_ETX (Community Manager), DaveT_ETX (Executive Producer) and Apex_ETX (Vehicle Dynamics Set Up)

So make sure you add the PlayStation Network ID's Ice_ETX, DaveT_ETX and Apex_ETX to your friends list or alternatively if you're online on Wednesday during the event just send any of us a message over PSN and we'll try to get you into the next race.

Keep an eye out for more Community Events, on both formats, over the next few weeks including Weekend Community Events.

Link

Leading independent game developer Eutechnyx today announced details of the upcoming third title update for NASCAR The Game 2011. The title update will be available for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.

Eutechnyx' community manager, Neil Courtney said, “We have a very active community of NASCAR fans that enjoy NASCAR The Game 2011 and provide valuable feedback which we take on board and which we feel is extremely important in continuing to make improvements to the game. The third patch doesn’t just include fixes, but also improvements that are a direct result of feedback we’ve received from the game's community.”

This third title update addresses the remaining network issues with NASCAR The Game 2011 and will also include minor fixes in the single player game.

Fixes
    • Xbox 360 - The car randomly loses rear end grip whilst playing online (Loose Glitch).
    • After a severe spin, the car lacks rear end grip and makes it feel very loose.
    • During online races, particularly on the Super speedways, player’s cars can surge backward and forward making it impossible to bump draft. (Online Surging)
    • Online - On the initial rolling start, the formation can be incorrectly spaced.
    • During an online caution when the ‘NASCAR Sprint Cup’ transition screen is displayed sometimes the player’s car can get damaged.
    • Caution lights can be inversed for Texas, Talladega and Watkins Glen i.e. yellow when there isn’t a Caution and green when there is a Caution.
    • Under Caution players cars drive through the Pace Car
    • Xbox 360 - Incompatible NAT (Network Address Translation) types will not be allowed in to the same lobbies. Players will be given a message informing them that there is a problem and detail their NAT type. This will stop the players being removed from the game when the lobby counter reaches zero. The PS3 handles this already.
    • Under certain conditions, super quick lap times are posted to the leaderboard.
    • Leaderboard times are not shown correctly in the Lobby.
    • The game sometimes freezes on the loading screen when launching an online game.
    • ‘Players Still Racing’ message can sometimes be seen in the Lobby even though all players have finished racing.
    • PS3 Paint Booth freezes.
    • In a Lobby, when muting and un-muting players, the cursor can be out of sync with who gets muted.
    • When pitting during an online game, the windscreen tear off doesn’t work.
    • The car should not go in to reverse gear now unless it is stationary.
    • Xbox 360 - Race invitations stop working under certain conditions.
    • After leaving a lobby and then selecting ‘Quick Race’ the game can sometimes soft lock.
    • Veto track shows incorrect amount of players in the lobby.
    • Online – Sometimes players can be racing on a different track to others in the game due to a veto issue.
    • Online, cars sometimes don’t appear in the Proximity Radar.
    • Changing Race Pins stopped working with the 2011 Season Update Downloadable Content (DLC).
    • PS3 – Online, the game will not start until all paint scheme data has been transferred to all players. When the lobby counter reaches zero, the game informs the players this is happening using the lobby status message next to the lobby counter.
    • Improvements
    • Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) Bunching up and brake checking, which can result in collisions between the A.I. cars, has been improved.
    • Lobby counter will no longer add time whenever a player joins the lobby.
    • When searching for an online game, the status text reads “Loading”. There are now three different states “Searching”, “Joining” and “Creating”.
    • Quick Race default race length setting changed from 2% to 5%.

The third title update has passed the testing phase with Activision and has now been submitted to platform holders Microsoft and Sony for approval. The approval process normally takes between 1-2 working weeks.

For more information visit http://www.NASCARTheGame.com or follow the game on Twitter @NASCARTheGame or on Facebook.
    Via: Operation Sports

I need to just trade this game in. The game was so.... bad out of the box I haven't been able to pop it back in to see if it has improved. All I remember from the game is you easily qualify for the poll (on any difficulty level) and then once the race actually starts you are immediately ran over like you are going in slow mo.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    The game was so.... bad out of the box
    Ironic or not: the company is now working on "Ride to Hell".
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

popped this in yesterday to get back into the swing of nascar. unfortunately, my lead finger got the better of me as i couldnt slow down in time and ended up causing a huge wreck (offline), as i crashed into the car in front of me who was going 190, when i was going 203.

the crash though, was quite hilarious to watch.

So after all the patches and fixes and whatnot, did this ever end up even being any good? I haven't played or owned a NASCAR game since NASCAR 2001 back on PS2, so I wouldn't mind getting back into the genre, but it didn't sound promising with this game with the huge list of bugs and problems early on and even after the first couple fixes.

Haven't had time to try it lately.

i think its one of those games that if you go into a race completely serious, its gonna cause nothing but frustrations and make you hate it.

for online races, you cant be serious. thats where racing with people you know, helps....as no one throws a hissy fit when you crash into em. in my case when back before the patches came out, payback was often a bitch. lol

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    i think its one of those games that if you go into a race completely serious, its gonna cause nothing but frustrations and make you hate it.

for online races, you cant be serious. thats where racing with people you know, helps....as no one throws a hissy fit when you crash into em. in my case when back before the patches came out, payback was often a bitch. lol
    So pass then if I want a serious racing sim.

yes and no. there are leagues out there with guys who take it serious and have fun. those kinds of leagues dont put up with stupid bullshit.

i tend to be a moderate/laid back type of gamer; someone who wont give a shit if you wreck me halfway through the race, but will be pissed if you wreck me if i'm leading with under 10 or so to go. its more or less like ncaa. there are ways to have a lot of fun with nascar, and there's a lot of ways to dick around too. idk, i can only speak based on what i've done. but yes, there are serious racing leagues out there.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    yes and no. there are leagues out there with guys who take it serious and have fun. those kinds of leagues dont put up with stupid bullshit.

i tend to be a moderate/laid back type of gamer; someone who wont give a shit if you wreck me halfway through the race, but will be pissed if you wreck me if i'm leading with under 10 or so to go. its more or less like ncaa. there are ways to have a lot of fun with nascar, and there's a lot of ways to dick around too. idk, i can only speak based on what i've done. but yes, there are serious racing leagues out there.
    How does the CPU act in single player career?

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    How does the CPU act in single player career?
    Looks to me like it's pretty much "drive in the best line until I can't"
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

havent played it enough recently to give you an honest answer. sorry smooth. from the 5 games i've played on the very hard difficulty, especially when i havent done qualifying, is next to impossible to get to the front by yourself. i've been doing 31 lap races at daytona, and my best finish in 5 races on very hard, is 24th.