• Headlines RSS Feed

by Published on 07-12-2010 08:43 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. NCAA Football 11
    Article Preview

The EA SPORTS Game Changers Championship Series kicks off with the launch of NCAA Football 11!

The Championship Series is a four-week event for NCAA Football 11 gamers on the PS3 and X-Box 360. Go online and play anyone who is also currently signed up for the event. Afterwards, post your score and feedback for your foe on the site. At the end of the competition, there will be bowl games for prizes including a copy of Madden NFL 11 for the winner.

Sign up for the Series here and Forums for the event are located at this link.

Click Read More for full details and guidelines for the event. ...
    by Published on 07-10-2010 10:22 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. NCAA Football 11,
    3. Tailgate Podcast

In this edition of The Gaming Tailgate podcast, JBHuskers, cdj and gschwendt give their final NCAA Football 11 pre-release thoughts.

To submit show feedback or suggest a topic for a future show, e-mail the guys at podcast@thegamingtailgate.com or post your thoughts in the comments section.

Continue on to download or listen to the podcast on MP3. ...
    by Published on 07-09-2010 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. NCAA Football 11
    Article Preview

The NCAA Football 11 embargo has been lifted! Let's let the floodgates open as we march on to the release of NCAA Football 11! Below is a list of all the media that is in this thread. We will be adding more media throughout the weekend.

• NCAA Football 11 Intro Video
    • New Orleans Bowl Pre-Game
    • BCS Championship Pre-Game & Post-Game
    • Playbook Previews: Air Force, Arkansas State, Auburn, Michigan, Nebraska, Wake Forest, Option Run, & Pistol
    • Online Menu & Lobby Run Through
    • Player Equipment Run Through
    • Miami, Texas A&M, Nebraska, & Notre Dame Team Entrances
    • Ole Miss Rebels Team Entrance & Wild Rebel Offense
    • Ohio State vs. Michigan - Heisman Difficulty (Full Game)
    • Troy vs. Arkansas State - All-American Difficulty (Full Game)
    • OL / DL Interaction - Eastern Washington vs. Alabama
    • TeamBuilder Match-up - Nebraska vs. Nebraska Tech (Full Game)
    • Texas vs Alabama (Rose Bowl) - All-American Difficulty (Full Game)
    • A brief look at the Dual Stick Controls
    • Fresno State vs Nevada - Online Game - cdj vs gschwendt
    • SMU vs. Texas Tech (Full Game)
    • Virginia vs. Maryland in Snow (Full Game)

Check out all of the videos after the break. ...
    by Published on 07-08-2010 12:14 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. NCAA Football 11
    Article Preview

EA has just posted an article detailing the new stadiums that were added to the game this year as well as going over the major and minor renovations made to existing stadiums.

With over 150 stadiums, NCAA Football 11 is one of the most environment rich console games available. While it is no easy task, with hundreds of changes that need to be tackled every year, we feel that NCAA Football 11 is our most accurate and authentic reproduction of college football stadiums ever.

Take a look at the stadiums that are new to NCAA Football 11, as well as major and minor updates we have made.

http://ncaafootball.easports.com/blo...logId=Stadiums ...
    by Published on 07-07-2010 10:51 PM
    Article Preview

NCAA Football 11 Updated Hands-On
    Let your story be heard in EA Sports' upcoming college football game.

While I may not spend much time online anymore with my sports games, I always find time for a little NCAA Football online. The dynasty feature in NCAA is probably my favorite mode in any sports game, and taking it online (either against friends of perfect strangers) is a great extension of an already fun mode. Naturally, NCAA Football 11 is bringing online dynasty back, and I've been playing with the system for the past week to check out some of the changes.

Continue after the break to read the rest of the review ...
    by Published on 07-06-2010 08:00 PM
    Article Preview

Check out IGN's preview of Online Dynasty:

NCAA Football 11: Online Dynasty Preview
    The next generation of building your collegiate powerhouse has arrived.

Building a "Dynasty" on a single console all by your lonesome was always a bit of an oxymoron in early NCAA Football titles. After all, shouldn't a dynasty be seen by more than one person? In recent years, EA Sports has opened things up to the world of online multiplayer and have allowed fans to join up and compete with their favorite college teams in a league of their own creation. New to NCAA Football 11's Online Dynasty Mode is the ability to manage your squad from quite literally anywhere in the world with either a laptop or one of the many iDevices currently on the market.

I've spent the last week and a half toying around the new Online Dynasty Mode and have been very pleased with the mode's overall performance. Currently I have one public and one private dynasty. The private league has members of the media filling out the ranks, while my public league contains only my Florida State Seminoles and any other folks lucky enough to score an early copy of NCAA 11. Needless to say, the public dynasty moved at a much quicker pace as I was the commissioner, meaning I had control over when the dynasty would advance. Since I didn't know any of the other players personally, I had little issue advancing weeks whenever my team was ready.

Continue after the break to read the rest of the story as well as some video previews. ...
    by Published on 07-06-2010 06:11 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. NCAA Football 11
    Article Preview

Game Informer has posted their review of NCAA Football 11. Check it out and share your thoughts with the community.

They say success on the football field starts with the running game. With all the crazy multi-receiver and option formations in college football these days, this isn’t necessarily as true, but it’s a philosophy that NCAA Football 11 uses to great effect. The new locomotion running engine gives the game a powerful foundation, and it drives the franchise forward by offering a fluid experience every time you touch the ball. It’s one of the key components that takes this series to the next level.

The locomotion engine’s fluidity and realism transfer to the animations you see out of the ball carrier and the defenders tackling him as well. Instead of seeing a player pop in and out of specific right analog moves like in NCAA 10, such as a running back jumping hard left or right on a juke, movements in NCAA 11 are more precise. A player will gather his body, plant his feet, shift his weight, and then start accelerating again. It’s not all just a pretty-looking sequence, either. You can combo moves better than in NCAA 10, and you don’t even have to use the right analog special moves to reap the benefits of the new engine. Using just the left analog stick feels nice and smooth, and I feel like I can make small cuts and adjustments to follow my blockers and find daylight without having to sacrifice control, jack the right analog, or have an obvious running lane.
    by Published on 07-06-2010 02:26 PM
    Article Preview

It seems as though EA Sports has taken an interesting marketing tactic this year. Popping up across various blog sites dedicated to specific college football teams are articles titled Where I Come From and speaking in terms of that specific team. Each of these is labeled as "This post is sponsored by EA Sports NCAA Football 2011! This is our first post of NCAA Football 11 sponsored posts throughout the week." In addition to that, some are beginning to see video advertisements appearing on some of these pages that include a brief clip of various teams stating their "Where I Come From" mantra. So far Google News has managed to pick up quite a few of these blogs ranging from teams like Syracuse, Michigan, Washington State, Alabama, and many others. Click the Google News link above to see if you can find your team. Continue after the break to read a description about the campaign from a USC blogger. ...
    by Published on 07-06-2010 11:36 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. NCAA Football 11
    Article Preview

This Friday at 11am central, the NCAA 11 embargo will be lifted, and The Gaming Tailgate will be posting videos that have been requested by the community. These will include some full game videos, some playbook videos, and some breakdowns focusing on OL/DL interaction...just to name a few. Additionally, we will be able to give our full impressions on the ...
    by Published on 07-05-2010 01:43 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. NCAA Football 11
    Article Preview

There's just over one week remaining until the release of NCAA Football 11 and numerous retailers are offering incentives and deals for pre-ordering the game.

Amazon is offering a free Fathead, Dell has the game for $39.99, and Walmart.com provides a $20 eGift card. Click Read More to see the current listing of game deals and pre-order bonuses. ...