• NCAA Football 14 Demo Details & Impressions

EA SPORTS has released the details of the NCAA Football 14 demo which drops Tuesday, June 18th. Included in the demo are three matchups, Virginia Tech vs Alabama (Chick-fil-A Kickoff), Ohio State vs Michigan, and Oregon at Texas A&M. The quarter length is limited to 3 minute quarters, however the user will have the ability to change the rest of the gameplay settings including difficulty and gameplay sliders. New this year, users will be able to try out the additional camera angles in the game: Regular, Zoom, Wide, & Coordinator.

In addition to the three matchups, users will also have access to the new Nike Skills Trainer which attempts to teach users the finer mechanics of the game including how to run the Read Option as well as some of the more basic functions of the game such as proper passing with the lead mechanic that was added in NCAA 13. Finally, users will be given Ultimate Team giveaways as incentives for playing and sharing the demo.

UPDATE - The NCAA Football 14 demo is now listed as available on the Xbox.com website and can be queued for download on your console on this page (Gold members only).

UPDATE 2 - The NCAA Football 14 demo is now available on PS3. Search 'NCA' from the Store to find it or queue it for donwload on your console on this page.

Keep up on all the latest NCAA Football 14 news & media heading into the July 9 release date with our NCAA 14 News & Info Central page. We'll provide all the best & latest information regarding improvements to Gameplay & Infinity Engine 2, Dynasty Mode, Presentation, and new features such as NCAA Football Ultimate Team & Play a Season.

NCAA Football 14 News & Information Central: http://tgt.pw/ncaa14info
    Comments 534 Comments
      Body15 -
      Variety of plays from Virginia Tech offense
      ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by DynastyJunkie View Post
      I haven't had any problem with this. Actually, I thought their sideline awareness was improved.
      there times it seems like a locked animation and goes out of bounds no matter what and others where pushing the stick/player towards inbounds works almost better then it should to amplify the big play.

anyone used the command to regain balance yet if you are stumbling ?
      ram29jackson -
      I kind of don't like how ints. work. Its like it shouldn't have happened or each one seems like it was about to be dropped but its just a long hesitation. At least the ones ive seen
      Body15 -
      has anyone seen a halftime show yet??
      ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
      are you supposed to ?
      SmoothPancakes -
      This has been answered multiple times. There are NO halftime shows in the demo. The halftime shows only take place during dynasty games. What we're playing in the demo are Play Now games.
      Body15 -
      dang, I thought it would be in every game. It shouldnt matter what game it is..
      SmoothPancakes -
      dang, I thought it would be in every game. It shouldnt matter what game it is..
      Nope, unfortunately not. At least that is what G said on Tuesday. Maybe it'll be in Play Now games in the full game, but it for certain is not in the demo. We'll have to wait until July 9th to see it in action.
      Body15 -
      yeah, I hope so. I haven't seen this asked. So I asked it, my bad man.
      jaymo76 -
      Played another three games tonight and have some further thoughts.

Game 1: OSU 10 (me) UM 7
      Game 2: Oregon 17 (me) A&M 0
      Game 3: Ala17 (me) VT 13

-First off, Assisted tackles are not being recorded. I hope this is only a demo issue...
      -coordinator cam is just too far back... I am going with normal
      -I actually prefer very slow to slow
      - AA for offense and Heisman for D is giving me some good games
      -the cpu QB play is awful at times (avg 50% pass completions)
      -way too many INT's in each game and the animations looks silly
      -pet peeve... the intros annoy me (seeing footage of the two teams playing each other... before the game???)
      -the PS3 no huddle lag has to be addressed for retail

Overall though, I am having a lot of fun. The physics have improved the game and it feels somewhat similar to 06 which is a great thing. This game has the chance to be something special.
      Rudy -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      I still can't decide how I feel about coordinator cam. It's just so far away but it does give you a great view. It's too bad you can't have normal cam for run plays and coordinator for pass.
      Remember how Madden on the PS2 used to let you set the camera options separately for run plays or pass plays? Heck, they had a customizable camera angle! I think it would be great if they could provide us with just a simple zoom option. The basketball games give you that. I know frame rate is always to blame for this but would a zoom in/out option for each angle be that difficult to implement?
      Rudy -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      -First off, Assisted tackles are not being recorded. I hope this is only a demo issue...
      -coordinator cam is just too far back... I am going with normal
      -I actually prefer very slow to slow
      - AA for offense and Heisman for D is giving me some good games
      -the cpu QB play is awful at times (avg 50% pass completions)
      -way too many INT's in each game and the animations looks silly
      -pet peeve... the intros annoy me (seeing footage of the two teams playing each other... before the game???)
      -the PS3 no huddle lag has to be addressed for retail

Overall though, I am having a lot of fun. The physics have improved the game and it feels somewhat similar to 06 which is a great thing. This game has the chance to be something special.
      *I'm going to give Very Slow a shot. I did like Slow and haven't tried that yet.
      *Dang it, I forgot we could set them separate. I think AA on offense and Heisman on D may be the way to go. I want the cpu QBs to be smarter when passing the ball since I've seen too many picks on AA.
      lilheavy -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      Played a game on normal speed and I think that's how I'm gonna roll. Very slow is just that.

Also, I wish we could create playbooks online now. I think the overwhelming majority of people are gonna run spread option attacks.
      Not me I love my old school triple option out of the wishbone and I formations. I will probably throw in a little 2 Back shotgun though.

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      people will abuse people online with -hurry-up- if defense doesn't get to pick their plays faster then how it works in the demo. It just hand cuffs you and the offense can just start a play too soon
      Sound likes part of Nick Sabans argument with No Huddle offense. Although I believe he is more concerned with substitution.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
      There is a reason. It is that no QB in the history of football is that accurate. They do throw the ball out of bounds and they do under/overthrow receivers, even when someone is wide open.

Sim +1
      Ram -1
      I think he was mainly referring to how they throw it out of bounds within less than 2 seconds of taking the snap, while they are still in the pocket. I see this way too often.

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      I -QB Spy- my defensive end on right side. the qb fakes hand off to RB on that side and keeps ball and runs to right side. My QB spying DE just runs after the RB Ignoring the qb.

maybe qb spy shouldn't need to work unless the QB is passing but why would my DE ignore the command I gave him unless the outcome of the option play is predetermined ? or it just roles the numbers dice as to when it works ?
      I starting to believe that QB spy only works for passing playings and not option plays.
      Rudy -
      I really wish they completely removed those spline replays (show WR, then QB drop, then catch). They are so tired. Can't stand them, especially after a year in which that's all Madden used.
      starter -
      Does Ohio St have an all-American kicker? #24 just kicked a 61 yard FG!!!
      ram29jackson -
      from another site. I don't know if its true about tackling or not yet ?

The tackle slider has a huge IMPACT on triggering more animations once you lower it down….for some reason EA tends to not open up all the animations until you start messing with the gameplay sliders. One thing that I haven’t seen yet so far is the WR battling for the ball in the air but I have my ideas on how this could be fixed once the retail version drops.
      texacotea -
      played 2 games last night on Heisman. Used tOSU and A&M Lost both. This for the most part wasnt a problem at all on 13.

I like the new option plays (as does most everyone)
      Passing seems to be a bit more difficult, Threw 4 picks in the 2 games I played.
      Defense def plays different and is something that is going have to get used to.

I like the feel of "elite" players vs "good" players. #6 for Oregon (for legal purposes) really sets this apart IMO. Using him on kickoffs compared to the A&M guys is like night and day. With the new plays in Oregon's PB I can actually see a hybrid type guy being used just like that in an offense.

Played the skills trainer and on the ball hawking drills I felt like my defenders would just wonder around after I took control of them. Didnt feel very responsive at all.

All I can think of now
      ryby6969 -
      Question, do the sliders still work for user vs user games and if they do how? With the ability to make offense and defense vs the computer a different difficulty, trying to figure out how it will work if they are still in.
      Clay -
      Quote Originally Posted by starter View Post
      Does Ohio St have an all-American kicker? #24 just kicked a 61 yard FG!!!
      I don't know if he is but the kicking power on this game is crazy! I am knocking down 57, 58, and 59 yard field goals no sweat.
      xenocide78 -
      Ohio State's kicker has hit from around 58 with wind against him, in a practice setting. So anything in the 50-55 range is manageable, but nailing 60 yarders for most any kicker should never be happening.