• NCAA Football 14 Demo Details & Impressions

EA SPORTS has released the details of the NCAA Football 14 demo which drops Tuesday, June 18th. Included in the demo are three matchups, Virginia Tech vs Alabama (Chick-fil-A Kickoff), Ohio State vs Michigan, and Oregon at Texas A&M. The quarter length is limited to 3 minute quarters, however the user will have the ability to change the rest of the gameplay settings including difficulty and gameplay sliders. New this year, users will be able to try out the additional camera angles in the game: Regular, Zoom, Wide, & Coordinator.

In addition to the three matchups, users will also have access to the new Nike Skills Trainer which attempts to teach users the finer mechanics of the game including how to run the Read Option as well as some of the more basic functions of the game such as proper passing with the lead mechanic that was added in NCAA 13. Finally, users will be given Ultimate Team giveaways as incentives for playing and sharing the demo.

UPDATE - The NCAA Football 14 demo is now listed as available on the Xbox.com website and can be queued for download on your console on this page (Gold members only).

UPDATE 2 - The NCAA Football 14 demo is now available on PS3. Search 'NCA' from the Store to find it or queue it for donwload on your console on this page.

Keep up on all the latest NCAA Football 14 news & media heading into the July 9 release date with our NCAA 14 News & Info Central page. We'll provide all the best & latest information regarding improvements to Gameplay & Infinity Engine 2, Dynasty Mode, Presentation, and new features such as NCAA Football Ultimate Team & Play a Season.

NCAA Football 14 News & Information Central: http://tgt.pw/ncaa14info
    Comments 534 Comments
      Oneback -
      Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
      That's definitely interesting. Do they step up to the line right around the time you would think they're gonna snap the ball? Otherwise, it's a pretty useless blitz.
      @gschwendt:

I'd like to revist this, if the defenders are aligning on the reciever/12 yards from the LOS are they reaching their marks? Are they effective?
      Rudy -
      Can you invite people to the demo this year? If so someone send something to me. I still can't get it.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
      @gschwendt:

I'd like to revist this, if the defenders are aligning on the reciever/12 yards from the LOS are they reaching their marks? Are they effective?
      Sorry for the confusion. The particular play I was talking about was with the defense in Dime Cover 0 blitz with the MLB & slot CB blitzing. The SS was assigned to the slot WR but kept a Cover 2 depth instead of lining right up on the WR like he would in NCAA13.

I just now called 4-3 Cover 0 blitz with both safeties blitzing and they are coming up into the box.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      Can you invite people to the demo this year? If so someone send something to me. I still can't get it.
      Just "shared" it with you via PSN message.
      souljahbill -
      Just lost 17-7 to Texas A&M on Varsity. I may be playing on default difficulty this year. Also, since I'm primarily a running offense, I prefer the zoom camera.
      Rudy -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      Just "shared" it with you via PSN message.
      Thanks but it still didn't work. I'll stop cluttering up the thread and play The Last of Us.

Created US account and am now downloading. Us Canadians got screwed!
      jello1717 -
      I just played 1 game as Oregon's offense (I forced aTm to punt on 1st down whenever they got the ball) and pretty much just ran the ball to get a feel for the options. Here are some general observations:

• The menus are pretty slow. With all the hype I expected them to be much faster.
      • Watching E3 vids I LOVED the coordinator cam. As a run-first guy, it felt too far away and made it tougher to run. I can definitely see it being nice for passing.
      • Wide felt too far away for running the ball as well. Strangely enough, I vastly preferred the normal camera (but again I was pretty much only running this game). Will definitely try coordinator and wide out some more later.
      • Options felt very good. Not overpowered, but the felt very good. The number of different option types is almost staggering.
      • I feared that zombie nation would be played all the time. I forgot all about it until I was stopped on 4th down with 1 minute left in the 4th quarter as that was the 1st time I heard it.
      • I could be mistaken, but I don't think the stumble recovery indicator showed up on my impact guys (because it had a star in the circle already).
      jello1717 -
      As a spread option guy I gotta say that I'm in heaven right now! Oregon's playbook is fucking LOVELY!!! The amount of new stuff in there is crazy!
      Shovel options
      midline read options
      counter read options
      counter triple options
      inverted veers
      motion triple options
      dart read options (with a pulling lineman as a lead blocker)
      Y lead read options (with a back as a lead blocker)
      trap read options
      veer options

Oregon has a completely new formation (F Twins Over) with nothing but new plays in it. Just look at all of these plays that are in just this 1 formation!

Spoiler: show

EVERY single play in that formation has the WR (whom I assume would be DAT for Oregon and there's a package with him there) coming with the same automotion, yet there's 12 different plays that can happen when the ball is snapped!
      ram29jackson -
      from OS
      JBHuskers -
      When I played in March, I still preferred the normal cam too. I'll give them all another fair shot once I get my hands on the demo.
      Coach Kernzy -
      Coach mode, is it still in the game??? Please please please say yes...
      ram29jackson -
      ram29jackson -
      Jayrah -
      Couple things: First, I ended up with a WR getting pulled backwards on top of a couple defenders, knee never touched and he got up and we kept matriculating the ball down the field Was a cool play.

Another cool play was a sideline pick that was incomplete because my dude landed OOB. Only issue here is that the game clock kept running afterwards. Don't know if that's for all OOB catches or just int, but something to check out for EA.
      xMrHitStickx904 -
      I forgot who asked, but here is Pistol Diamond in the Texas A&M book.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2
      Jayrah -
      Currently down 21-16 on AA to Oregon to start 4th as big plays have killed me. 2nd half KO return for a TD was the biggest, as my 2 outside gunners got FLATTENED. One of them was double teamed though so I felt it was just plain old fashioned whippin' and not cheap.

Their qb is murdering on the read, then play action has resulted in some nice throws for them.

Also, wondering if it's just the demo but players are randomized for the first time ever. Will the retail have the "real" players or totally random in an attempt to avoid the suit?

I think the menus are much improved actually...
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by xMrHitStickx904 View Post

Sexy.
      Kwizzy -
      Quote Originally Posted by xMrHitStickx904 View Post

Yeah I found that. I was hoping for inverted veer to be in there but it isn't at least in that playbook. Hopefully it's an option in CPBs. If not I'll be pretty disappointed.

First game, I beat Oregon 28-16. Oregon threw 3 INTs in the first half but seemed to get a better rhythm in the 2nd half. Overall I like the feel of the game. Feels a bit more balanced & I like the new plays I've seen. Don't really care for the new cameras right now but I could get used to them I think. Gotta work the rest of the day but hopefully I can get another game or 2 in tomorrow.
      ram29jackson -
      ram29jackson -