• The Gaming Tailgate Podcast Ep. 26 - Interview with Dev Christian McLeod

In this episode of the TGT Podcast, cdj & gschwendt interview NCAA Football 14 designer Christian McLeod to discuss the new & improved presentation elements coming to the game. The podcast discusses a lot of details about not only items you've heard about but also items that you haven't to this point. A lot of inside information in 60 minutes.

Continue on to listen to the show, then share your thoughts with community below.

The Gaming Tailgate Podcast is also available on iTunes. Copy the following address into iTunes or any other RSS client that supports enclosures:
    http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...hp?forumids=39

To submit show feedback, ask a question, or suggest a topic for a future show, e-mail the guys at podcast@thegamingtailgate.com or post your thoughts below.

Listen to the show here or right click and save as:

Keep up on all the latest NCAA Football 14 news & media heading into the July 9 release date with our NCAA 14 News & Info Central page. We'll provide all the best & latest information regarding improvements to Gameplay & Infinity Engine 2, Dynasty Mode, Presentation, and new features such as NCAA Football Ultimate Team & Play a Season.

NCAA Football 14 News & Information Central: http://tgt.pw/ncaa14info
    Comments 26 Comments
      cdj -
      You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...ristian-McLeod
      gschwendt -
      Really good listen if I say so myself. Lots of details that even we weren't fully aware of that came out of the podcast.
      Deuce -
      Ya, I'm really liking the chatter. I think that will really add to the immersion factor. Small detail but I like the fact that you can now use player lock but keep the same camera angle...did I hear that correctly?

One question...do you guys have any idea if they'll add a stadium sound for the 'hype video' when entering a game? Or does that kind of replace the runout cutscene from years past?
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
      Ya, I'm really liking the chatter. I think that will really add to the immersion factor. Small detail but I like the fact that you can now use player lock but keep the same camera angle...did I hear that correctly?

One question...do you guys have any idea if they'll add a stadium sound for the 'hype video' when entering a game? Or does that kind of replace the runout cutscene from years past?
      - That is correct. That was something we learned for the first time as he discussed it in the podcast.

- They will not be. They have hired a composer to write numerous songs (& song types) to play during the pre-game opening, but there will not be a Stadium Sound event for it.
      Deuce -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      - That is correct. That was something we learned for the first time as he discussed it in the podcast.

- They will not be. They have hired a composer to write numerous songs (& song types) to play during the pre-game opening, but there will not be a Stadium Sound event for it.
      Thanks CDJ!

Great interview btw...a lot of good/new info.
      LeeSO -
      IIRC, in the podcast something was said about being able to schedule neutral site games anytime during the season right? One question I had about neutral site games is this: Are we only able to schedule the user controlled team for a NSG or will we have the ability to schedule the CPU to play in a NSG?
      souljahbill -
      Damn, that was an AWESOME interview! I was gonna wait to get '14 but now I'm back to Day 1 status.
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by LeeSO View Post
      IIRC, in the podcast something was said about being able to schedule neutral site games anytime during the season right? One question I had about neutral site games is this: Are we only able to schedule the user controlled team for a NSG or will we have the ability to schedule the CPU to play in a NSG?
      You can only move user-controlled teams into neutral site games, meaning your team in solo dynasty. Commish can set matchups via custom schedules in online dynasty.
      SmoothPancakes -
      You can only move user-controlled teams into neutral site games, meaning your team in solo dynasty. Commish can set matchups via custom schedules in online dynasty.
      I assume conference games are still locked and unchangeable?
      steelerfan -
      Really great job, guys. Easily the best podcast yet (always better without JB). That was great to get Christian for that interview - he was fantastic and provided alot of great information and insight.

Enviado de meu SAMSUNG SGH I997 usando o Tapatalk 2
      JBHuskers -
      You miss my sexy voice. Admit it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
      Deuce -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      You miss my sexy voice. Admit it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
      http://youtu.be/39YUXIKrOFk
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      I assume conference games are still locked and unchangeable?
      You cannot change the team (and I assume not designated home team), but you can change your conference game locales to a NSG. (Or the commish can do it in an OD.)
      jaymo76 -
      Hopefully in the demo we will be able to play the different cams.
      SmoothPancakes -
      You cannot change the team (and I assume not designated home team), but you can change your conference game locales to a NSG. (Or the commish can do it in an OD.)
      Oh hell, that's good enough for me right there! I'm not worried about changing the team or designated home team, but being able to do an occasional NSG vs conference opponents is great!
      onikuno -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      Oh hell, that's good enough for me right there! I'm not worried about changing the team or designated home team, but being able to do an occasional NSG vs conference opponents is great!
      That is awesome. So when I make my 16 team Big 12 I can play OU at SMU in say, Cowboys Stadium, instead of their smaller stadium.
      CLW -
      I'm interested in the impact players aspect. The way my offense usually works my impacts are almost inevitably going to turn into my QB and TE on offense and my MLB on defense.
      bjrod9 -
      The uniform packages that were purchased in Ncaa 13, Will they be updated in Ncaa 14 already? Or will they rollover in to 14? Not sure if​I am making sense.
      bjrod9 -
      Really good interview! This guy didn't hold back. You can hear the passion in his voice for his work.
      SCClassof93 -
      As always guys, top notch