• The Gaming Tailgate Podcast Ep. 25 - NCAA Football 14 Gameplay Preview

In this episode of the TGT Podcast, cdj & gschwendt break down the announced gameplay features & additions coming to NCAA Football 14.

Continue on to listen to the show and the share your thoughts and comments with the community.

The Gaming Tailgate Podcast is also available on iTunes. Copy the following address into iTunes or any other RSS client that supports enclosures:
    http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...hp?forumids=39

To submit show feedback, ask a question, or suggest a topic for a future show, e-mail the guys at podcast@thegamingtailgate.com or post your thoughts below.

Listen to the show here or right click and save as:
    Comments 10 Comments
      CLW -
      Good stuff as always. Allot more ?'s than answers right now.
      Deuce -
      Good stuff guys.

In one of the articles they mentioned 'enhanced AI'. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it seemed more than just better play calling. Is that really all it is? Does the AI now 'learn' faster/better? ...I'm really hoping its more than play calling.
      Jayrah -
      More good stuff from you guys. Never over-hyped and always realistic with expectations. Love it!
      countryboy -
      Great stuff.

Love the objectivity with each new feature and realistic expectations.
      KIDZER0918 -
      great podcast as usual...i wish you would have special guests on there like random forum members to get their out side perspective.....i can be the first volunteer.
      psusnoop -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
      More good stuff from you guys. Never over-hyped and always realistic with expectations. Love it!
      Completely agree, nice work guys!
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by KIDZER0918 View Post
      great podcast as usual...i wish you would have special guests on there like random forum members to get their out side perspective.....i can be the first volunteer.
      This entire forum IS the outside perspective! And there's plenty of it to go around. I don't want to hear what I can read from a bunch of guys who haven't seen the game in these podcasts. I want to hear the inside scoop from those that have some sort of clue what it looks like.
      Rudy -
      Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
      Good stuff guys.

In one of the articles they mentioned 'enhanced AI'. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it seemed more than just better play calling. Is that really all it is? Does the AI now 'learn' faster/better? ...I'm really hoping its more than play calling.
      Play calling is a good start. But in this area the "enhanced AI" we are looking for has made such tiny improvements year to year that I have to see it for myself before I believe it. Most definitely not holding my breath that the computer went from dummy to smart guy in a year.
      Deuce -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      Play calling is a good start. But in this area the "enhanced AI" we are looking for has made such tiny improvements year to year that I have to see it for myself before I believe it. Most definitely not holding my breath that the computer went from dummy to smart guy in a year.
      Better play calling is a good start but what I was getting at is it more than just better play calling in the red zone and during a 2 minute drill or game clock mngt. When I hear the term AI I was thinking more along the lines of 'learning' ...this was something they implemented a few years back where the CPU would pick up on calling the same play over and over. I was hoping for some improvement in that area. More tendency related...

I guess I wouldn't call better play calling 'enhanced AI' ....I'd just call it 'better play calling'
      cdj -
      This episode should now be available on iTunes.
  • Contact the Show!

Have a topic you want discussed on the show? Want to share your thoughts on the latest podcast? Drop us a line!
    podcast AT thegamingtailgate DOT com
  • Looking for EA SPORTS College Football 25 info?

• Looking for NCAA 14 info?

• The Gaming Tailgate Video Podcast