• NCAA Football 13 - October Title Update Now Available

UPDATE: The Title Update (1.04) is now available for PS3 and 360. After downloading the update and playing the game, let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

EA SPORTS has announced the next title update for NCAA Football 13 will be coming later this month. The fixes include primarily gameplay dynasty updates though also some stability fixes. Perhaps the chief complaint addressed is the annoying No Huddle that was introduced in a previous Title Update. Continue after the break for the full details.

Hello NCAA Football fans, Jason French, line producer for NCAA Football 13 back again to give you information on the next Title Update, which is scheduled to be released later this month.

We have been reading the forums and talking with our fans and we look forward to delivering this update, as it addresses several community requests. The following is a list of items that will be included in the upcoming Title Update:

• Gameplay
      • Fixed issue where running the no-huddle was taking too long.
      • Fixed an issue where players were sometimes not breaking the huddle.
      • Fixed it so receivers won’t slip as much on the turf when it is raining.

• Dynasty
      • Fixed it where prospects were softly committing to schools even though they were not on that school’s recruiting board or showed any interest.
      • Fixed some recruiting logic where CPU teams were not offering scholarships to some prospects.
      • Fixed an issue with uploading highlights to Dynasty Wire.
      • Made the sorting on the Recruiting more user friendly so that it remembers previous sorts.
      • Fixed an issue where a prospect with low interest was getting changed to “N/A”.
      • Fixed an issue where some Online Dynasties were losing players and coaches.
      • Fixed a problem where promises were getting deleted.

• Online Head-to-Head
      • Fixed a reporting issue where if someone went offsides three times it forced their opponent into a loss.

• Stability
      • Increased the stability of the product by fixing various crashes.

Source
    Comments 51 Comments
      Unconquered -
      Nice. What are the odds this will come with another Uniform Store update?
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by Unconquered View Post
      Nice. What are the odds this will come with another Uniform Store update?
      I would think fairly high in order to include updates for Utah State, TCU, and others that had their default uniforms redesigned.
      gschwendt -
      Personally I'm disappointed that they didn't address the DB's getting shuffled out of position (deep safeties but also underneath coverage) and also that nothing is mentioned regarding the DBs that stand there during option defense. Both have been major issues since launch day... the first was tweaked in a title update but still a big complaint.
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      Personally I'm disappointed that they didn't address the DB's getting shuffled out of position (deep safeties but also underneath coverage) and also that nothing is mentioned regarding the DBs that stand there during option defense. Both have been major issues since launch day... the first was tweaked in a title update but still a big complaint.
      Yep. Basically, this is a patch to fix a previous patch in terms of game play at least. At this point, the game is what it is. I've enjoyed playing my offline dynasty and found some sliders that make the CPU competitive.
      WolverineJay -
      Yes. Does EA Tiburon even see the same things we see? My goodness just play one game on Heisman and you will see defenders ignoring the ball carrier by backpedaling away and/or by just sitting there on Shotgun Option plays. The safety play has been atrocious since the demo for crying outloud. What about the things that were mentioned as fixed in the last title update that were NOT fixed (the man coverage bug where he leaves his man and runs into the flat to cover nobody for one). I don't get it at all. Heisman FG kicking logic still broke after 3 years c'mon REALLY? The CPU gameplan adjustments switching zone defense to Aggressive still there after 3 years EA Tiburon, really? Those aggressive zones lead to horrible safety play on deep passes which ruins the game. Heck, just run any Flanker Dig play after the CPU switches to aggressive zones and its an easy 6 because the slot wr running the streak is WIDE open thanks to the safety choosing to be overly aggressive and ignore his deep responsibility.

I won't even bother with NCAA 13 anymore if the safety issues and option defense issues are not addressed in a tuner since they are being ignored yet again in a title update.
      souljahbill -
      No fix to blocking logic. I haz sad.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      No fix to blocking logic. I haz sad.
      I keep saying, until they overhaul OL/DL, don't expect any major changes to blocking. Don't get me wrong, I definitely agree that it's needed but based on my experience with the game, there's only so much they can do with what currently exists.
      souljahbill -
      I keep saying, until they overhaul OL/DL, don't expect any major changes to blocking. Don't get me wrong, I definitely agree that it's needed but based on my experience with the game, there's only so much they can do with what currently exists.
      Although I would welcome an overhaul, I would HAPPILY settle just to have pulling linemen/fullbacks/lead blockers ATTEMPT to block the right guy, you know, the LB that's RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU and not the safety way up field or the guy trailing the ball carrier by 5 yards. I don't care if they win or lose the block, just attempting is fine for me.
      Jayrah -
      Yeah I am hoping this gets fixed with a revamped blocking system next season. Until then live and let live.
      mew3782 -
      •Fixed some recruiting logic where CPU teams were not offering scholarships to some prospects.
      •Fixed an issue where some Online Dynasties were losing players and coaches.

Yay I'll be able to play again after the patch hits, yaaaaaay.
      JeffHCross -
      From a pure Dynasty perspective, some very nice patches in this. But still needing some more love on the gameplay side.
      baseballplyrmvp -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      From a pure Dynasty perspective, some very nice patches in this. But still needing some more love on the gameplay side.
      there are still some recruiting bugs that werent touched upon. for instance, when comparing against another school, if you're rated very highly in one pitch, and the second place school is rated a D or D+, you wont get any points when comparing against them.

unless these changes are greatly noticeable, this patch seems like a little bit of a waste, just by how little it addresses. any patch is welcome, but i would have liked to at least see more than 3 issues fixed in gameplay.
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
      for instance, when comparing against another school, if you're rated very highly in one pitch, and the second place school is rated a D or D+, you wont get any points when comparing against them.
      You sure? Are you actually doing the compares, or are you just basing it off of the values it gives you at the screen? I swear I'd done successful compares between highly-rated and D-rated. But it also could have changed since I last booted up the game.
      baseballplyrmvp -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      You sure? Are you actually doing the compares, or are you just basing it off of the values it gives you at the screen? I swear I'd done successful compares between highly-rated and D-rated. But it also could have changed since I last booted up the game.
      its hit and miss and it doesnt happen every time. it mostly happens when i, as arizona state in this site's 360 od, am comparing against alabama, lsu, and oregon. at the compare screen, i see the 0-0 point total for it, and that usually drives me away from actually comparing, but i remember in the time that i did try it, i did end up getting zero points from it. it was one time, though, so i'm not sure if it happens every time or not.
      Deuce44M -
      What about the possibility of EA fixing the Dynasty error when starting a new dynasty with rosters--hmmm, you would think that would be an important fix--
      psusnoop -
      Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
      its hit and miss and it doesnt happen every time. it mostly happens when i, as arizona state in this site's 360 od, am comparing against alabama, lsu, and oregon. at the compare screen, i see the 0-0 point total for it, and that usually drives me away from actually comparing, but i remember in the time that i did try it, i did end up getting zero points from it. it was one time, though, so i'm not sure if it happens every time or not.

In times that I have been rated higher then the comparing team when the screen on console or on the web says 0-0 for compare schools I've always 100% of the time gotten the correct result when comparing a higher rated team. Even using Arizona State TGT PS3 league (just to compare MVP with same team different console).

The are two things that really really stick out to me when recruiting from the console vs recruiting from the web.

First and I know I've mentioned it to Tommy but this is 100% true and needs fixed. When I promise a player on the WEB I get the promise points 98 say but I do NOT get the integrity points 78 say. But if I make the same promise to the same player on the console I get BOTH values the 98 and 78 for a total of 176 total points earned fore the promise. I know Tommy mentioned something about it before but during the end of the call you can calculate it all day every day and it works this way. So if I know I'm making a promise to someone to gain some ground, that promise will ONLY be made on the console to be sure I gain a little more ground then someone who may be recruiting just from the web.

Second thing I'd like to be the same as each other is the ability to back out from a pitch. On the console if I don't like that I just mis-clicked and selected a D+ pitch I can simply hit back and reselect a different pitch without any harm done to my overall call or fear of hanging up. However there is no way to do this from the web currently.
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by Deuce44M View Post
      What about the possibility of EA fixing the Dynasty error when starting a new dynasty with rosters--hmmm, you would think that would be an important fix--
      Perhaps I have just missed it, Deuce ... but what error are you talking about?
      ryby6969 -
      Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
      In times that I have been rated higher then the comparing team when the screen on console or on the web says 0-0 for compare schools I've always 100% of the time gotten the correct result when comparing a higher rated team. Even using Arizona State TGT PS3 league (just to compare MVP with same team different console).

The are two things that really really stick out to me when recruiting from the console vs recruiting from the web.

First and I know I've mentioned it to Tommy but this is 100% true and needs fixed. When I promise a player on the WEB I get the promise points 98 say but I do NOT get the integrity points 78 say. But if I make the same promise to the same player on the console I get BOTH values the 98 and 78 for a total of 176 total points earned fore the promise. I know Tommy mentioned something about it before but during the end of the call you can calculate it all day every day and it works this way. So if I know I'm making a promise to someone to gain some ground, that promise will ONLY be made on the console to be sure I gain a little more ground then someone who may be recruiting just from the web.

Second thing I'd like to be the same as each other is the ability to back out from a pitch. On the console if I don't like that I just mis-clicked and selected a D+ pitch I can simply hit back and reselect a different pitch without any harm done to my overall call or fear of hanging up. However there is no way to do this from the web currently.
      I know for a fact it happens sometimes. Last season or the season before in Powerhouse I was recruiting a guy and Navy was #2 on his list. He had Pro Potential as Very High and I tried to pitch it but it said 0-0 points and I did not get anything even though they were a D in the category.
      gigemaggs99 -
      Just wondering, but if they can add things like the uniform store and add uniforms, change game play (no huddle animations) why can't they add South Alabama? It seems like all they would have to do is add their uniforms, they could use player models already in the game and for their stadium it may not be exact but there are a lot of stadiums that don't have "exact" representations, they could get it close no?
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
      Just wondering, but if they can add things like the uniform store and add uniforms, change game play (no huddle animations) why can't they add South Alabama? It seems like all they would have to do is add their uniforms, they could use player models already in the game and for their stadium it may not be exact but there are a lot of stadiums that don't have "exact" representations, they could get it close no?
      There's a lot of back end information present for every team. The teams are more than just unis, rosters and stadiums.