• The Gaming Tailgate Podcast Ep. 24 - NCAA Football 13 Recap

In this episode of the TGT Podcast, gschwendt, JBHuskers, and cdj look back at two of July's most anticipated releases: NCAA Football 13 & The Dark Knight Rises. Did they deliver or disappoint?

The Gaming Tailgate Podcast is also available on iTunes. Copy the following address into iTunes or any other RSS client that supports enclosures:
    http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...hp?forumids=39

To submit show feedback, ask a question, or suggest a topic for a future show, e-mail the guys at podcast@thegamingtailgate.com or post your thoughts below.

Listen to the show here or right click and save as:
    Comments 5 Comments
      cdj -
      You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...tball-13-Recap
      CLW -
      Good stuff guys!
      Tarhead10 -
      Great podcast guys!!
      jaymo76 -
      Great work! I agree with most of what was said. However, with regards to stripping things down and possibliy losing features.... NO! Based on EA's track record who knows how long it would take for something to return. I still shake my head with how long it took to get formation subs and custom playbooks back. We are still waiting for FCS, the chain gang, heisman ceremony, spring game, etc. At this point I can no longer stomach removing features for the greater good. Just look at the editing fiasco with Madden this year.
      Kwizzy -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      Great work! I agree with most of what was said. However, with regards to stripping things down and possibliy losing features.... NO! Based on EA's track record who knows how long it would take for something to return. I still shake my head with how long it took to get formation subs and custom playbooks back. We are still waiting for FCS, the chain gang, heisman ceremony, spring game, etc. At this point I can no longer stomach removing features for the greater good. Just look at the editing fiasco with Madden this year.
      While I kind of agree with you here, I understand the point being made: You cannot fix the OL/DL interaction by just tweaking or adding to it. It is broken & to fix it they need to start from scratch and implement a totally new system that incorporates leverage, momentum, proper run fits, double teams, stunts, etc...

Now I understand that you mentioned features & I am talking gameplay but I think this principle applies to features as well. If something is so complicated to change that you have to remove it and start from scratch to get a much better overall feature then I'm for it. This game has gotten too stagnant with many of the same issues cropping up & it's because the fundamental issues are never resolved.
  • Contact the Show!

Have a topic you want discussed on the show? Want to share your thoughts on the latest podcast? Drop us a line!
    podcast AT thegamingtailgate DOT com
  • Looking for EA SPORTS College Football 25 info?

• Looking for NCAA 14 info?

• The Gaming Tailgate Video Podcast