• NCAA Football 13 - Road to Glory

Monday afternoon, EA SPORTS unveiled the changes and improvements coming to Road to Glory in NCAA Football 13 via a webcast and blogs.

Among the major improvements to the mode are improved playcalling (more touches for your player), Reaction Time, the ability to return kick-offs & punts, a new Award & Leaderboard system, and more. Continue on to learn more about all of the changes coming to RTG in NCAA 13.

Blogs:

Road to Glory Improvements:
    • Difficulty Levels - Each level effects Gameplay difficulty, Coach Trust Points and XP Points (Time until starter: Freshman - 5 weeks, Varsity - 8 weeks, AA - 13 weeks, Heisman - 18 weeks)
    • Kick Return (KR & PR) - Depth chart determines whether you return or not. Positions that can return: WR, S, HB, CB. New camera angles for returns.
    • Reaction Time: React to the play by slowing down time and outperforming your opponent. Left Trigger activates, react to the action, release to return.
    • Time Meter for Reaction Time: As you use it, your meter will drain. You auto get 20% of meter back after every play. Gain time back by completing good and great plays. (HS: 5 seconds, College: Awareness - Total Time. Cap: 10 seconds. 3.1 seconds for every play in Practice Mode.)
    • Reaction Time Progression: Can use boosts to improve. Top Skill Upgrade item only one that will give Reaction Time boost.
    • Unique cameras for each position
    • Tuning Update: Playcall - More plays focused on you, more playbooks in HS, better all around playcalling (More passing plays for QBs, more running plays for RBs, more passing plays for WRs)
    • Tuning Update: Recruiting Points - Harder to get Offensive Recruiting Points, Easier to get Defensive Recruiting Points
    • New Practice Features: Scouting Report - Learn everything about your opponent before you play them. Can play on scout team preparing team for upcoming week's foe.
    • Practice Facility: Offensive Field (Scout Team D & 1st Team Offense) & Defensive Field (Scout O & 1st Team Defense)
    • 8 New High School Stadiums: Based on regions of US (11 total)
    • New Award System & Leaderboards: Goals (Position Specific Goals & New Point System), Records: School & NCAA Records
    • Leaderboards: All-American & Heisman, Varsity
    Comments 72 Comments
      illwill10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      Pass. I played this mode last year for the first time in a long time. Really I just don't get any enjoyment out of it. Nothing I see here convinces me to come back to this mode. Have fun though for those of you who enjoy it.
      I agree with that. There wasnt anything that makes me want to play it if I was on the fence of wanting to play RTG. I am going to play RTG until the named rosters are out.

Since you cant import into CCM and locked lengths of quarters, it will take all the enjoyment out of the mode. There isnt any reason you will want to finish this mode unless you want to get the trophies(which I dont care about).
      I might not even finish it once the rosters are out. Im just doing it so I can create an imaginary story about my CCM players before Madden comes out
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      Pass. I played this mode last year for the first time in a long time. Really I just don't get any enjoyment out of it. Nothing I see here convinces me to come back to this mode. Have fun though for those of you who enjoy it.
      Agreed. I pretty much only play Road to Glory for the achievements on 360, and while waiting for named rosters. Depending on what I do with my CC dynasty I have going in 12, if I leave FIU and go someplace else after the current season, I'm just going to start on that team and use auto-name rosters in 13, so I wouldn't potentially have to wait for rosters this year.

Everything last year sounded great in the webcasts and in theory, but once I got into the mode, just like every other year, I just couldn't get into it. The locked quarter times, relying on your AI teammates not being fucking idiots, and if I'm going to spend all my time playing games, I want it to count for something (dynasty/coaching carousel/coaching career).

Honestly, thinking back, I don't know if I ever even got to the college ranks in RTG on 12. I know I played through to at least before the HS championship game, if not played the actual championship game, and that was it I think. I just lost interest and stopped playing after that. I was focused on getting coaches and their alma maters tracked down with mors, editing coach names and alma maters in the game after Fairdale Kings released his named rosters, and getting my CC dynasty set up and up and running, as well as being involved in a coach mode OD for the first month or two.

I don't know why, but Road to Glory and Superstar in Madden just don't interest me. I could sit there all day playing My Player in NBA 2K and Be a Pro in NHL (I love playing as a goalie for Boston in one of my two BAPs I have going in NHL 11), but I just can not ever get into RTG and SS.
      illwill10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      Agreed. I pretty much only play Road to Glory for the achievements on 360, and while waiting for named rosters. Depending on what I do with my CC dynasty I have going in 12, if I leave FIU and go someplace else after the current season, I'm just going to start on that team and use auto-name rosters in 13, so I wouldn't potentially have to wait for rosters this year.

Everything last year sounded great in the webcasts and in theory, but once I got into the mode, just like every other year, I just couldn't get into it. The locked quarter times, relying on your AI teammates not being fucking idiots, and if I'm going to spend all my time playing games, I want it to count for something (dynasty/coaching carousel/coaching career).

Honestly, thinking back, I don't know if I ever even got to the college ranks in RTG on 12. I know I played through to at least before the HS championship game, if not played the actual championship game, and that was it I think. I just lost interest and stopped playing after that. I was focused on getting coaches and their alma maters tracked down with mors, editing coach names and alma maters in the game after Fairdale Kings released his named rosters, and getting my CC dynasty set up and up and running, as well as being involved in a coach mode OD for the first month or two.

I don't know why, but Road to Glory and Superstar in Madden just don't interest me. I could sit there all day playing My Player in NBA 2K and Be a Pro in NHL (I love playing as a goalie for Boston in one of my two BAPs I have going in NHL 11), but I just can not ever get into RTG and SS.
      I can play My Player all day. If it wasnt for the bugs this year and teammates, I would play it more. But, it has more depth than RTG and Madden combined. One thing that makes it great is having (good)commentary unlike RTG(not sure) and SS. It has drills, interviews, and depth.

I think the main problem with RTG and SS is/was that the only thing you could really do it just play games and thats it. And since the gameplay was/is flawed, it makes the mode so lackluster. Especially without commentary and so many restrictions.

But, I think the player mode part of CCM in Madden looks better than SS has ever been. Having to fight for your job, boosting your attributes is harder and will take more time, Infinity Engine, Twitter Feed, goals, and Gameface. I will definitely give it a try. But, I have to see how the looks to play outside positions like CB/WR since we are using default camera angle. I am excited to try out the GameFace feature. I am not creating myself, but I want to see how my face looks in the game. I tried it in Fight Night, but it didnt come out anywhere near as my gameface avatar
      NatureBoy -
      I might be in the minority but I have always enjoyed playing Road to Glory. It's a nice change of pace when I don't feeling like playing a dynasty or play now game. I like what I saw yesterday. I'm looking forward to giving it a spin.
      Deuce -
      I usually play a couple of seasons as a FS. Its what I do during the holidays after I've gone thru 8-9 seasons of my offline dynasty. I've never finished a career though.
      I do like that they've changed the points for defensive players.
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
      None of the links are working so I'm assuming its over. Is this going to be archived?
      It appears they didn't post an archive to the show on either Livestream or Youtube yesterday, which is very bad for fans of the mode who couldn't watch the show at work. Hopefully they post it today.
      souljahbill -
      I liked what I saw yesterday. I'll play it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Big Blue -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      It appears they didn't post an archive to the show on either Livestream or Youtube yesterday, which is very bad for fans of the mode who couldn't watch the show at work. Hopefully they post it today.
      Okay thanks for the heads up.
      Coachdenz -
      Well glad they got this crap out if the way and
      Maybe just maybe they gave this mode enough Dev time to let it die and not work on it anymore this console generation. I hate this freaking MODE!!!!
      ram29jackson -
      I guess its popular with all the kiddies since there is basically 2 RTG's in the game this year? Heisman mode is just a stripped down version of it anyway.

RTG is an amusing concept but nothing really grips you about it
      souljahbill -
      Edit. Wrong thread
      SmoothPancakes -
      Nevermind. Was in reply to souljah's post, has been moved to the correct thread.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Wait, how the hell did we end up in the RTG thread souljahbill?

JB, G, cdj, one of you guys, care to give us a little help moving these posts over the I'd Hit It thread?
      souljahbill -
      LMFAO!

Sorry guys, got a text and it threw me off. I fixed it.
      ram29jackson -
      I'd kind of prefer a road to cheerleaders mode or something ...
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      LMFAO!

Sorry guys, got a text and it threw me off. I fixed it.
      I could have sworn I was responding to your post in the Off Topic forum and then ended up here somehow.
      souljahbill -
      Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      I'd kind of prefer a road to cheerleaders mode or something ...
      LMAO!

Well played.
      JBHuskers -
      Simply put, RTG is not going anywhere. It's the most played feature of the game.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
      souljahbill -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      I could have sworn I was responding to your post in the Off Topic forum and then ended up here somehow.
      That's what I thought too!
      souljahbill -
      Well, after watching the 13 RTG Webcast, I went back to my 12 RTG save. I was still in high school! LOL! Lost in the state championship (play calling was atrocious and not because I wasn't getting the ball, it was just bad play calls). I was a 5* WR and a 3* CB. I took my talents to Hattiesburg, MS and played through my freshman year. Team went undefeated, ending up #6 in the nation (BCS Championship was Alabama vs. Troy, WTF?) and I won the Biletnikoff award.