• Addressing the "Transfer Failed" Issue in NCAA Football

    With the release of NCAA Football 12, many Online Dynasties fell victim to the "Transfer Failed" issue which helped end ODs and damper the enthusiasm surrounding numerous improvements to the mode, including Coaching Carousel. Rectifying the "Transfer Failed" issue has been a priority for the NCAA Football team in regards to both NCAA 12 and NCAA 13.

    A now released server-side update will help alleviate additional "Transfer Failed" issues in NCAA Football 12. Currently, these "Transfer Failed" issues could be a result of a wide variety of issues making it difficult for the team to diagnose, even with details and information from the community. The cause of these transfer issues can be very random as, for example, some long file names were getting truncated, leading to the "Transfer Failed" message. Heading into July, the dev team is working on a significantly proactive measure to prevent a repeat of the "Transfer Failed" issue in NCAA 13.

    With NCAA Football 13, the development team will utilize an (server-side) Online Dynasty Live Dashboard which will record all user actions, providing a clear idea of the issue and therefore a quicker resolution. Expect more news on NCAA Football 13 this spring.
    Comments 18 Comments
    1. psusnoop's Avatar
      psusnoop -
      So the dev team is still witnessing "Transfer Failed" issues?

      That is a scary thought heading into 13, hopefully they can figure it out. With them recording all user actions it would be my assumption that they are currently doing this in house right now in trials to see if they can reproduce the messages so my question is if they do recreate the transfer failed message, with this new live dashboard are they able to quickly get said dynasty back up? Again all of this in house as it hasn't come to us users via the patch yet or with 13.
    1. shockscape's Avatar
      shockscape -
      Personally, I never attempted an online dynasty this year b/c of all the problems other users were having. I enjoyed playing them in the past, but this year's game has already given me enough headaches...I didn't need to add to it. Hopefully, they do fix the problem for NCAA 13.
    1. cdj's Avatar
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
      So the dev team is still witnessing "Transfer Failed" issues?

      That is a scary thought heading into 13, hopefully they can figure it out. With them recording all user actions it would be my assumption that they are currently doing this in house right now in trials to see if they can reproduce the messages so my question is if they do recreate the transfer failed message, with this new live dashboard are they able to quickly get said dynasty back up? Again all of this in house as it hasn't come to us users via the patch yet or with 13.
      To be clear, there is no upcoming 'patch.' The NCAA 12 fix will be a server-side update.

      For your first point, I don't know how widespread the "Transfer Failed" issue is currently but they are hoping to fix or prevent all TF issues in the future.
    1. cdj's Avatar
      cdj -
      UPDATE: The server-side update has been deployed for NCAA Football 12 to help address "Transfer Failed" issues. If you had been stuck with this issue, try again and let us know if it did or didn't work.
    1. steelerfan's Avatar
      steelerfan -
      I still got Transfer Failed.

      Posted With Tapatalk
    1. psusnoop's Avatar
      psusnoop -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      UPDATE: The server-side update has been deployed for NCAA Football 12 to help address "Transfer Failed" issues. If you had been stuck with this issue, try again and let us know if it did or didn't work.
      Good to hear

      Yeah I meant to say server side not patch there earlier. I'm not sure how wide spread either just remember a few members here having problems and was just prying for any information possible for them. Maybe text to see if it fixed his online dynasty or not.
    1. psusnoop's Avatar
      psusnoop -
      ***

      Either was in stealth mode or I had a moment yesterday because I didn't see his post at all
    1. xMrHitStickx904's Avatar
      xMrHitStickx904 -
      welp. lol.
    1. hawkeyeguy's Avatar
      hawkeyeguy -
      And now nobody can get online.....neat
    1. Hatchburrito's Avatar
      Hatchburrito -
      So sweet! I guess the server update was just to shut the server down. You can't have any problems on a server that isn't up right?
    1. DCart1021's Avatar
      DCart1021 -
      I never had a problem until the update and now I have "transfer failed" problems.
    1. Roy38's Avatar
      Roy38 -
      What HAVE they fixed in NCAA '12? I'd like to see a comparison of what they have fixed (and did) and what they said they fixed (and didn't). My thinking is the ledger on the right is pretty damn full.
    1. mtoo22's Avatar
      mtoo22 -
      I love college football. I just hate EA's idea of college football.

      Hail West Virginia
    1. oweb26's Avatar
      oweb26 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Roy38 View Post
      What HAVE they fixed in NCAA '12? I'd like to see a comparison of what they have fixed (and did) and what they said they fixed (and didn't). My thinking is the ledger on the right is pretty damn full.
      Granted I don't remember anything they have fixed this game, but it doesn't "feel" like they have fixed too much if anything, the transfer failed has seemingly taken up alot if not all of their time.
    1. ewd4life's Avatar
      ewd4life -
      This is amazing to know now that I'm only gauranteed 3 or 4 online Dynasties. Not surprising that EA has already given up on repairing this error for 2012. So I guess my 60.00 bucks was a waste. I won't be bying 2013 until its clear and evident that it works at least like 2011 did. I'm am so frustrated and dissatisfied.

      J
    1. psusnoop's Avatar
      psusnoop -
      Quote Originally Posted by ewd4life View Post
      This is amazing to know now that I'm only gauranteed 3 or 4 online Dynasties. Not surprising that EA has already given up on repairing this error for 2012. So I guess my 60.00 bucks was a waste. I won't be bying 2013 until its clear and evident that it works at least like 2011 did. I'm am so frustrated and dissatisfied.

      J
      I'm confused, are you currently having this issue?
    1. Hud Skywalker's Avatar
      Hud Skywalker -
      I have this issue trying to validate rosters in NCAA 13
    1. gschwendt's Avatar
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by Hud Skywalker View Post
      I have this issue trying to validate rosters in NCAA 13
      Can you give more details? You're getting a Transfer Failed when trying to download rosters? Give any info you can.