• NBA LIVE 18 - Harden on Cover; Pre-order Game for $40

In conjunction with the release of the NBA LIVE 18 demo, EA SPORTS has announced that Houston Rockets star James Harden will be the cover athlete for the game. (Harden was previously one of the NBA 2K16 cover athletes.)

Along with a cover announcement, the company also announced that the game will be available September 15 and that those who pre-order the game from participating retailers can receive 33% off the cost, making it cost approximately $40.

Does the demo and lower cost make you more likely to try and purchase the title this year? Continue on to see the cover athlete reveal trailer.

The official press release from EA SPORTS:

Today, Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) announced that the NBA LIVE 18 free demo* will launch tomorrow for all players with Xbox Live Gold and PlayStation Plus accounts, August 11th on Xbox One and PlayStation® 4. In a franchise first, all progress and unlocked content coming out of the experience will carry over into the full game when it launches on September 15th. In addition, players who pre-order NBA LIVE 18 will get 33% off the retail price ($59.99) at participating retailers**.

In the NBA LIVE 18 free demo, players will experience The Rise, the prologue section of The One – an all-new way to pursue your legacy, centered on the player and defined by your choices. Progress made in The One during the free demo can be carried over into the full game, so players jumping in early can continue their experience when the full game launches. Players in the free demo will also be treated to specially-timed Live Events – limited-time activities with special rules, rewards and characters, only available in The One. Rewards earned in weekly Live Events will also carry over into the full game, giving players reason to regularly come back and check out the new events in order to earn new rewards. The free demo rounds out with a Play Now experience between the NBA Finals rivals Cleveland Cavaliers and Golden State Warriors. The NBA LIVE 18 demo is available to all players with Xbox Live Gold and PlayStation Plus.

NBA LIVE 18 will also feature Houston Rockets superstar James Harden as the cover athlete. Harden has always been a wholly unique individual, staying true to himself and reaching stardom through his skill and authenticity. Through intense dedication to the sport and his fiercely competitive nature, Harden embodies The One for Houston and its fans.

"When I heard about working with EA SPORTS and being the cover athlete of NBA LIVE 18, I was pretty excited for the opportunity,” said Harden. “NBA LIVE 18 is all about creating your own identity and making your mark on the league, and I can definitely relate to that. If anybody knows about creativity, it's me."

Harden started his career as the first player ever drafted by the Oklahoma City Thunder. Since joining Houston in 2012, Harden has been a powerhouse in the league, finishing his first season with an average of 25.9 points and 5.8 assists per game, and growing into a perennial all-star and one of the league’s most-dominant players.

EA Access members receive an additional 10 percent discount*** when they purchase a digital version of NBA LIVE 18 on Xbox Live.

Players who need even more basketball in their lives can also check out NBA LIVE Mobile, available as free-to-download**** on the App Store and Google Play.

NBA LIVE 18 is developed by EA Tiburon and will be available worldwide September 15 for Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: NBA LIVE 18 - Harden on Cover; Pre-order Game for $40 started by jaymo76 View original post
    Comments 4 Comments
      Rudy -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      So the game officially releases on September 15th and for the price of $40 us.
      If you pre-order you get $20 off. I'm sure there will be sales later though. Curious to see if the Canadian price will get more than $20 off since its $80 over here.

Edit: we get 33% off, same as the US. So almost $27 off.
      bdoughty -
      The cover.

While I agree with them selling it for less than retail, it just feels wrong from the company that lambasted 2Ksports for releasing NFL2K5 for $20 and that was at the end of that console life cycle.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
      The cover.

While I agree with them selling it for less than retail, it just feels wrong from the company that lambasted 2Ksports for releasing NFL2K5 for $20 and that was at the end of that console life cycle.
      And that was ... a long time ago
      cdj -
      The implication is that pre-orders get this content, but based on the text I think all copies include the Harden Pack & LUT card: