• NBA LIVE 18 - More Screenshots, Quick Clips, & Producer Interview

Ahead of EA PLAY - and presumably a forthcoming cover athlete announcement - additional screenshots, brief game clips, and an interview with Producer Mike Mahar have provided more information on NBA LIVE 18. Some of the most noteworthy items:

- Like the previous YouTuber/influencer event in Los Angeles, attendees at the recent NYC soiree were able to share 'exclusive' screenshots and quickclips of the title. One such video from QJB showcases a shot and early celebration from Kevin Durant, dribble moves from Steph Curry, the Drew League venue, and images of shoes in the game, et al.

- SLAM Online interviewed Producer Mike Mahar to discuss the game. According to Mahar, the two main areas of focus for NBA LIVE 18 were core gameplay and The One, a new feature coming to the title.

- According to the NBA LIVE website, the game will only be available on PS4 & XB1. There was some speculation and rumors that the game would be available on PC. That appears to be false.

Continue on to see QJB's video, an excerpt of the SLAM Online interview, game screenshots, and more.

SLAM: What can we expect to see with NBA Live 18?

Mike Mahar: We’ve taken our time to really focus on two key aspects of the game. One is our core gameplay and control, animations, fluidity, a lot of control around the rim, contact and physicality. A lot of the player nuances and customs that the players have in the game. The other aspect we took a lot of time to focus on is The One, which is our new way to play. It’s all about you and your path through the NBA and the streets. We’re really excited to show a little sneak peak of that. We think it’s a pretty big differentiator between what we’re offering as a player experience and what other sports games have.

This article was originally published in forum thread: NBA LIVE 18 - More Screenshots, Quick Clips, & Producer Interview started by cdj View original post
    Comments 4 Comments
      Rudy -
      The amount of negativity from 2k fans is crazy out there. Just reading comments. Everyone should want competition. I like Lives controls a lot more. Let's hope this game has full options like roster edits, robust sliders and teams play like themselves. Most EA games have very generic team styles.
      bdoughty -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      The amount of negativity from 2k fans is crazy out there. Just reading comments. Everyone should want competition. I like Lives controls a lot more. Let's hope this game has full options like roster edits, robust sliders and teams play like themselves. Most EA games have very generic team styles.
      I think it's less crazy when you think about all the screwups EA has made with the series. You can only start and stop making Live so many times, throw in the delays and the cancelled game. The game deserves a healthy amount of cynicism until it can prove otherwise. During all this time NBA 2K has been one of the best selling games out there. One of the few sports games that actually stays in the top 10 sellers in the NPD charts year round. Honestly has little to do with not wanting competition and simply not trusting what EA has to offer.
      Rudy -
      I totally understand that 2K is a worldwide leader in terms of sports sales and really any AAA game. But I've just never cared for it that much. I've never liked the heavily animation driven controls. I got a free copy from TGT for Live 16 and really enjoyed it. I bought a copy of NBA 2K as well and ended up liking Live better. To be fair, I no longer follow the NBA closely and would rank it #3 after football and baseball. I would be considered a casual fan.

Live inexplicably had terrible sliders, no roster edits and some generic team play that made long term issues annoying. Given the issues with the series I can understand people being skeptical but seeing everyone say the gameplay itself for Live 16 was pure garbage is something I don't buy at all. Quite frankly I doubt most of those comments were by anyone that actually played the game.
      bdoughty -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      Quite frankly I doubt most of those comments were by anyone that actually played the game.
      Well if I recall NBA 2K16 sold around 4 million in it's first week. NBA Live 16 sold around 9,000 copies in that same period. So you would be right about NOT BUYING THE GAME. That said there was a demo and I have no doubt the numerous 2K fans tried the demo and experienced the gameplay because it was free.