• Tom Brady Named EA SPORTS Madden NFL 18 Cover Athlete

EA SPORTS has announced that New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady will be the cover athlete for the standard and G.O.A.T. editions of Madden NFL 18, set to launch in late August. The G.O.A.T. Edition will allow users to play the game three days early and will also include a bevy of Madden Ultimate Teams perks and bonuses.

Brady also addressed the much-discussed 'Madden Curse,' in not one, but two videos on his Facebook account.

Continue on to read the official press release from EA SPORTS.

Official press release:

Today Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA) revealed New England Patriots quarterback and five-time Super Bowl Champion Tom Brady will grace the cover of EA SPORTS Madden NFL 18 when it launches worldwide on Friday, August 25. This year’s game will be powered by Frostbite, one of the industry’s world-class game engines, creating a Madden NFL experience like you’ve never seen before. Frostbite delivers a significant visual leap not only to the players, but crowds, stadiums and more. Such a special game truly deserves an equally-special cover athlete.

The Madden NFL cover was one of the few career accolades that had previously eluded Brady, and now he adds the honor alongside his multiple NFL championships, MVP awards, Pro Bowl appearances and more. This also marks the first time in Madden NFL history that teammates have graced the cover in back-to-back years, after last year’s game featured Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski.

“The Madden NFL 18 cover is a great honor for me,” said Brady. “Especially since I have been playing the game since growing up next to EA headquarters in the Bay Area. I'm not one to believe in curses, so I'm ready to take the challenge head on like always! It doesn't stand a chance!!!”

Those eager to hear more about Madden NFL 18 won’t have to wait long, as new details about the game, including a brand-new mode, are set to debut at EA PLAY on June 10. Fans can expect to see big things in this year’s title, including new ways to play, and some of the greatest innovation in a generation.

In addition to the cover news, EA also announced pre-order offers for two distinct editions of Madden NFL 18. Fans who pre-order the standard edition will receive numerous benefits*, including the choice of an Elite player from their favorite NFL team for use in Madden NFL 18 Ultimate Team, as well as five Squad Packs, redeemable at launch. In celebration of the Greatest of All Time, those looking for even more can opt for the G.O.A.T. Edition, which gets them not only what’s in the standard edition, but also one of five G.O.A.T. players of their choice for Madden NFL 18 Ultimate Team, and more.

Fans can also play the finished game before launch day: G.O.A.T. Edition owners get three-day early access, letting them start their season on Tuesday, August 22, while EA Access members can play for up to 10 hours starting Thursday, August 17 with the EA Access Play First Trial.**
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Tom Brady Named EA SPORTS Madden NFL 18 Cover Athlete started by cdj View original post
    Comments 12 Comments
      Rudy -
      Boo!
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      Boo!
      Unless you believe in the curse
      Rudy -
      True! Brady is 40. Playing that well at his age is a crime. He has to start dropping off soon.
      souljahbill -
      I saw on OS that this is $20 now. I may bite just to play Longshot and play those Texas/Oregon MUT scenarios.
      #BringBackNCAAFootball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      SmoothPancakes -
      Sigh... I'm weak. After getting past all the holiday sales, I was going to try and fight it out until Madden 19 in hopes that they actually made major changes or improvements to franchise. But after watching the playoffs and rooting on Jacksonville's run to the AFCCG and almost to the Super Bowl, I couldn't hold off anymore. Took advantage of the sale on the "Super Bowl Edition" for $17.99 and got Madden 18. I've always had a soft spot for Jacksonville, so I want to run a franchise with the Jaguars and see if I can get them the whole way.

However, it is absolutely night and day between how much freedom you get between Madden's franchise and MyLeague over on NBA 2K18. You can literally change damn nearly anything and everything at any point of the season you feel like it in MyLeague. In Madden, you can still edit and change a lot of things, but short of taking control of all 32 teams, you can't force trades, you can't even change the goddamn sliders in the middle of the game. I found that out in my first preseason game, all the sliders and even all of the penalties are completely locked and unchangeable while mid-game.
      souljahbill -
      I bit. $17.99 was a damn good price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      steelerfan -
      You people are so weak. [emoji38][emoji38]
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      You people are so weak. [emoji38][emoji38]
      Yeah, I'll admit it. I was so badly tempted for $20 during the after Christmas and New Year sales because I had no football games on PS4, but the damn playoff games being so good, including Jacksonville's surprise run, got me itching too much to not grab it at $17.99.

At least now I can actually play pro football on PS4 (I've never owned Madden on PS4 until now), I only gave those bastards at EA $18 instead of $60, and if my fears of franchise basically getting ignored again in Madden 19 come to fruition this summer, then screw it, I'll just stick with Madden 18 and keep playing it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
      Rudy -
      The madden team is terrible when it comes to sliders. Not enough of them and quite a few of them do next to nothing. Having different set in and outside franchise and not allowing changes mid game is just stupid. They put very little emphasis on this area and it shows.

I didn’t buy Madden this year for the first time in awhile after being disappointed the last two years. Don’t miss it a bit. NBA 2K18 outsold Madden last year. With the NFL still king in tv ratings and fan polls it’s a Strong indictment that EA hasn’t done a good enough job with their product. Ten years ago Madden crushed nba games.
      CLW -
      That's about the price I paid for Madden on launch (after trading it back in). Its a decent rental material and easy platinum. The best part (to my surprise) was Long Shot. I enjoyed the story and it was well acted and actually somewhat believable.
      souljahbill -
      I primarily wanna play LongShot and because I’ve been watching this guys https://youtu.be/9BYxKV1hQ6Y?list=PL...eFH-Kp751yooAv
      Player Career Franchise, I’ve been interested in playing one too. And playing those few NCAA MUT scenarios.

SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      That's about the price I paid for Madden on launch (after trading it back in). Its a decent rental material and easy platinum. The best part (to my surprise) was Long Shot. I enjoyed the story and it was well acted and actually somewhat believable.
      Yeah, I heard Long Shot was surprisingly good, so I plan on giving it a go at some point here.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      I primarily wanna play LongShot and because I’ve been watching this guys https://youtu.be/9BYxKV1hQ6Y?list=PL...eFH-Kp751yooAv
      Player Career Franchise, I’ve been interested in playing one too. And playing those few NCAA MUT scenarios.

That's what I want to do as well, in addition to my Jaguars franchise, I want to do a player career franchise, with instant starter turned off so I have to earn my starts. I just have to decide what position I'm going to role with.