• E3 2016: June 14-16

E3 2016 takes place June 14-16, but developer and game information begins this weekend even outside of E3. Sunday, EA and Bethesda hold their press conferences with Microsoft, Ubisoft, and Sony kicking off E3 on Monday.

What games or possible reveals are you hoping to hear more of this week? Post your hopes and thoughts on the event(s) in the comments below with the community.

There may no television coverage of the event, but you can catch them all via livestreams. Continue on for a schedule of events and links to streams.

Sunday

12 PM ET - YouTube Live
    4 PM ET - EA Play
    10 PM ET - Bethesda
    11:30 PM ET - Twitch

Monday

12 PM ET - YouTube Live
    12 PM ET - Twitch
    12:30 PM ET - Microsoft
    2 PM ET - PC Gaming Show
    4 PM ET - Ubisoft
    9 PM ET - Sony

Tuesday

12 PM ET - Nintendo Treehouse Live
    1:30 PM ET - Twitch

Wednesday

1 PM ET - Nintendo Treehouse Live

Thursday

Media Coverage/Hubs:

bdoughty:

With the Xbox announcement things got a whole lot more interesting.

Things I am hoping to see, that have not been confirmed.

A Tennis Game
    Red Dead Redemption 2
    Borderlands 3
    This article was originally published in forum thread: E3 Thread - June 14-16, 2016 started by bdoughty View original post
    Comments 294 Comments
      bdoughty -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      Playstation's YouTube account is still MIA for the last half hour. I guess I'll have to go back later and add videos in once they start popping up online.
      Just go to neogaf, they probably have all of them.
      SmoothPancakes -
      That seems to be about the end of the Sony press conference, sounds like they'll be wrapping it up with a live demo of Days Gone.
      JBHuskers -
      Definitely interested in Days Gone!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
      SmoothPancakes -
      Holy fuck what a live demo for Days Gone!
      bdoughty -
      Would rather have Dying Light 2 or Dead Rising 4. The parkour/melee is much better than just blasting away with a gun.
      JBHuskers -
      Short, but effective show.

SmoothPancakes -
      As for who won? Honestly I'm leaning towards Xbox. PS4 basically showed a grand total of like 7 games outside of the VR crap. God of War, looked damn good, Days Gone, fucking amazing, RE7 looked like it could be good, Detroit Become Human could be good. Death Stranding should be good just because of Kojima and Norman Reedus. The rest of what they showed? Meh.

Xbox showed a crap ton of stuff during their conference. Battlefield 1, Mafia III, that mindfuck that was We Happy Few, Tekken 7, Forza Horizon 3, Gears of War 4, Dead Rising 4, Sea of Thieves, Halo Wars 2, Killer Instinct, ReCore, State of Decay 2, plus throw in the Xbox One S and Project Scorpio.

That, and Xbox actually showed quite a lot of live demos and live gameplay, live discussion on stage with the creators, etc, same with Ubisoft. Where as Sony by and large just ran from one video promo to the next with no break in between. Like they blew all their money for the press conference on the live orchestra.
      bdoughty -
      Could have used Red Dead Redemption 2 footage or TLOU2. Plenty to look forward to. Still no **&*(^&(&^(*^ tennis game and they did not show off the new Hot Shots Golf game.

Teetering on the possibility of getting an Xbox One S. Lots of new XB1 exclusives I want to play since I sold it for an PS4. Two console world is the best world.
      JBHuskers -
      I liked the way Sony did it. No useless bad acting by devs.

cdj -
      I thought the Sony presser was good, but at least in theater I felt there was no clear definition of when they quit showing VR games (didn't know for sure until COD popped up) and the ending seemed quick/forced. Did some original plan/trailer fall through?

The VR stuff didn't drag on too long (thank goodness) and seemed cooler than I expected - but it just screams 'watered down experience' and not worth full price. Maybe I am wrong on that.

Without watching the Ubisoft presser yet, I think I would say Sony, Microsoft, and Bethesda all had good/great conferences. EA didn't have bad games, but just didn't deliver much in excitement or pacing IMO. They were OK/good, nothing more.

Overall, a very solid year but I don't think anything blew me away or leaves me clamoring for a new title - unless something emerges this week during the show.
      Rudy -
      Days Gone = TLOU 2. I got a very similar and cool vibe. The Detroit game looked cool. I hate the opening of the God of War video. He acted like a jackass to his kid. Was never a huge GOW fan.
      bdoughty -
      http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/13/119...rmance-gears-4

Games can perform better on Xbox One S
      Better frame rates and higher resolution are possible on Microsoft's slimmer console

According to Fergusson, the Xbox One S has additional raw GPU and CPU power compared to the Xbox One, and The Coalition's engineers have been able to take advantage of that to reduce the frequency of frame rate or resolution penalties in more demanding sections of the game.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Apparently there's a Bulletstorm Remaster in the works.

Someone at E3 tweeted that they got a thumb drive full of folders and stuff with various ID@Xbox games. One of those folders was titled Bulletstorm Remaster with a couple images inside.

JBHuskers -
      That game was fun!

SmoothPancakes -
      Yes it was! I think I got it either for free via Games with Gold or took a gamble on it while on sale for a very low prices a couple years back. I had a blast from start to finish in that game. Not many games got me to laugh so much playing it that my body started hurting. The lines in that game were pure gold! I still have a bunch of the lines memorized because of how funny they were.

JBHuskers -
      It was also a unique way to play a shooter.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      It was also a unique way to play a shooter.
      Yeah, it was definitely different from the run of the mill shooters. First time playing it, I wasn't sure I was going to like the controls and the way the combat was set up, but it very quickly grew on me. I may have to fire up my 360 sometime over the next couple weeks and go through that game again.

JBHuskers -
      I decided 10 minutes into the hour to load up Nintendo, saw Pokeman, closed it.
      JBHuskers -
      Greggy's poll on if you would buy the customizable XB1 controller for $80 or $90 if engraved. 71% NO 29% YES
      SmoothPancakes -
      Sniper Elite 4, coming to Xbox One, PS4 and PC on Valentine's Day 2017!